NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My buddy who's a Raiders fan just sent me this shot from the game yesterday. Apparently Dennis Allen has a defensive background? I don't get it. How do you let this happen?

rrr_img_77103.jpg

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
They were mesmerized by Tanne's toe thumb, understandable. Glad we pulled out the win.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Minnesota Vikings Sign Quarterback Chandler Harnish

BT is called off of practice squad. Is Bridgewater's injury worse then they think and Ponder to start or just a precaution?
Team announced MRI was negative today, just a matter of soreness on Thursday if he plays or not. It is just a precautionary move, they still have Ponder and McLeod Bethel-Thompson is on the practice quad, Chandler is the 2nd quarterback on the practice squad.

What I find kind of strange about the Adrian Peterson deal, is that the coaching staff addressed the team before Sunday's game using messages from Peterson, this whole thing still smells like the Vikings and NFL have an idea that his legal stuff will be wrapped up sooner rather than later. I guess we'll know a week from Wednesday.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marrone deserves all the shit that's happening here with EJ, fuck face blew a first round pick on him.

He could have easily drafted someone like Eric Reid or Cordarrelle Patterson, both positions they were looking to fill and picked up Nassib in the third. He knows how good Nassib is, he coached him at Syracuse! He had the insider knowledge there and just blew it. Nassib only played in the pre-season but he looked far better than all the QBs except for Glennon (WHO HE ALSO COULD'VE DRAFTED).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I admittedly do not see many Bills games. Of the bits I saw he always seemed middle of the road not terrible. Guess that's why you cannot trust snap shots.

Marrone deserves all the shit that's happening here with EJ, fuck face blew a first round pick on him.

He could have easily drafted someone like Eric Reid or Cordarrelle Patterson, both positions they were looking to fill and picked up Nassib in the third. He knows how good Nassib is, he coached him at Syracuse! He had the insider knowledge there and just blew it. Nassib only played in the pre-season but he looked far better than all the QBs except for Glennon (WHO HE ALSO COULD'VE DRAFTED).
Wasn't Manuel drafted after the 2012 season, when Wilson, Kaepernick, and even Griffin basically hit the league and ran wild? Coaches wanted the read option, even though it was inevitable that NFL defenses would solve it within a season like every other offensive fad that comes out. Remember the wildcat?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The funniest thing about the whole fucking ordeal with Manuel is that Orton does not want to start, not even kidding. He wants to hold a clip board and doesn't want to play at all, he will be benched or "injured" before he finishes two games and I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is and wager on the matter.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The funniest thing about the whole fucking ordeal with Manuel is that Orton does not want to start, not even kidding. He wants to hold a clip board and doesn't want to play at all, he will be benched or "injured" before he finishes two games and I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is and wager on the matter.
Its a pretty interesting situation really:

Former Dallas Cowboys QB Kyle Orton outfoxes NFL system, Jerry Jones - ESPN Dallas

I'm sure the Cowboys part is why you know/care. But I'm pretty much like, fuck it, go on with yourself Orton. This game/league chews people up and spits them out and the team/owners basically own you like a slave. I don't blame him for a minute. If he was someone's legit starter and fucked over a whole team's season then sure, fuck him. As it is I find it pretty amusing that he soaked Jerry for extra cash and got his way in the end.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Its a pretty interesting situation really:

Former Dallas Cowboys QB Kyle Orton outfoxes NFL system, Jerry Jones - ESPN Dallas

I'm sure the Cowboys part is why you know/care. But I'm pretty much like, fuck it, go on with yourself Orton. This game/league chews people up and spits them out and the team/owners basically own you like a slave. I don't blame him for a minute. If he was someone's legit starter and fucked over a whole team's season then sure, fuck him. As it is I find it pretty amusing that he soaked Jerry for extra cash and got his way in the end.
Here is the real deal that people don't understand and you don't get from that article. He didn't out fox Jerry Jones or anything like that, he didn't get a single penny from the Cowboys this year or anything like that. He has his contract restructured to make room in the previous years to spread the cap hit, he wanted to retire after he realized Romo might not start the season fully healthy and he sure as fuck didn't want to show up to a training camp but if he retired he would have had to pay that money back. He was going to show up and not do jack shit or pretend to get hurt and try to get on IR so the Cowboys just said fuck him and cut him, he didn't trick anyone he just refused to pay back what he would have been due to pay back had he retired. The funny part is the Bills decided to sign him and they will find out just how badly they fucked up, the guy is seriously just trying to milk the NFL for all he can before he fades away into obscurity as a QB that was a never was been.

The money doesn't bother me, he is Albert Haynesworth at QB.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't Manuel drafted after the 2012 season, when Wilson, Kaepernick, and even Griffin basically hit the league and ran wild? Coaches wanted the read option, even though it was inevitable that NFL defenses would solve it within a season like every other offensive fad that comes out. Remember the wildcat?
Yeah, Wilson, Kapernick, Griffin, Luck, Foles all were in 2012. Can't imagine anyone would look at that group and want the read option though. It was a stupid pick and everyone knew it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck I hate this U2 commercial. Why are they acting like they're rockstars while playing this pussy ass music? Yeah, Edge. If any song should be a soundtrack to smashing your guitar it's this faggot song.