NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
was just reading the article about Harbaugh, wonder how much truth there is to it

I was just going to make you wear some sort of "sad bear", but you're there already.

Honestly, wearing a Bears-related avatar for the week is embarrassing enough.
Haha, okay man. If you come up with a packars avatar or something you think is better then just let me know and I'll put it on until next sunday.

Disp_sl

shitlord
was just reading the article about Harbaugh, wonder how much truth there is to it
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some legitimacy to it. The 2 losses this season were brutal 2nd half collapses in games they had under control, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players vented frustration after an emotional loss. On the other hand, Deion isn't exactly someone I would consider as a credible source, especially since he's paid to stir up controversy.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harbaugh belongs in college. He is too intense in pro, he will ultimately lose his players. It doesn't matter in college due to the players being cycled in and out so quickly.

moontayle

Golden Squire
You see it all the time with College Coaches so it really isn't anything new. They spends years dealing with kids who need direction and a firm hand, and like you said, it's mostly a system that works because the players are only around for maybe 5 years at the most. Come to the NFL, everyone is making money and a good portion of the team are guys with families and lives, that approach just doesn't go over very well. Sure, it's mostly fine when the wins are rolling in, but if you suck then that shit just doesn't fly. It's just one more thing that "isn't working". Saban and Petrino are two that stand out in my mind but I'm sure there's more.

Column_sl

shitlord
I can tell you one person that's getting fired soon..

rrr_img_77089.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It's odd because they were so dominant a couple years ago. Even Staley is playing like shit this year, and he's been a top 5 LT for probably 5 years. Iupati is the most concerning obviously; dude has fallen off a cliff. It's impressive that the Niners defense has been so good. Missing their 2 best players, an almost entirely new secondary, almost no pass rush, and they're still top 5. 216 yards against the Bears and 213 against the Eagles even with 4 injured/suspended starters is awesome. Ian Williams has stepped up in a big way at NT the past couple weeks too.

Kaep shows flashes of brilliance, and if he can become more consistent, they're gonna be a great team again.
Niners run blocking seems solid still, they just decided to stop running the ball for whatever reason (trickery!). Also I don't put all the pass-protect issues on the o-line. Kaep is holding onto the ball way too long.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Saints certainly seem like the team that was good last year which will take an utter shit this year. They've just looked flat out bad. Not just certain bounces not going their way type loses. Just flat out losing.

hey i went 2-9 on my picks. woops

i will say i did intentionally pick some under dogs, given no money was on those picks.

all in all though, awful picks.

edit: wretched, terrible, horrendous picks

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Deion is a shit stirrer for sure, but those rumors have been around before. I have heard that some players were pretty upset by the trade rumors in the off season like they felt like Harbaugh was looking to jump ship for whatever reason and leave them hanging. At least one guy on the Dave Dameshek podcast predicted that this would be the last year of the Harbaugh era as well. I wonder if he does leave if they would give Roman or Fangio the job or shop around for a college coach or some old guy that is currently out of work.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Deion is a shit stirrer for sure, but those rumors have been around before. I have heard that some players were pretty upset by the trade rumors in the off season like they felt like Harbaugh was looking to jump ship for whatever reason and leave them hanging. At least one guy on the Dave Dameshek podcast predicted that this would be the last year of the Harbaugh era as well. I wonder if he does leave if they would give Roman or Fangio the job or shop around for a college coach or some old guy that is currently out of work.
Dennis Allen looks like he'll be looking for a new job soon.