NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Nope, we're not Pats fans so it's not a fact that 95% of our fans didn't give a shit about us until 12 years ago.

Though of course this is just internet fun. I know I went in to it on the old board a few times but bandwagons get a bad rap. New fans of a team have to come from somewhere. If 10 million people jumped on the bandwagon in 2002 and 1 million of them are still fans when the Pats suck donkey dick in 2017 that's a million hardcore fans that have been with the team for 15 years. Fandom isn't something that can only be inherited, it has to start somewhere. Doesn't mean you're not going to get shit for it for a long time(basically until the Pats suck again), but that's just normal fan behavior. Because fuck you for liking another team.

It's exaggerated in the case of NE fans(all sports) because such a high percentage of you seem to confirm every shitty stereotype about your fanbase.
Most Boston fans are in fact terrible. Also bandwagon fans need to take their lumps before they become legitimate fans.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I was young, the Patriot's were terrible.. and used to have a ton of TV blackouts. I think from 1988 through 1990, the Patriots had seventeen consecutive home game blackouts. I don't remember actually watching them very much until Parcel's was the coach. It's hard to become too big of a fan when you can't watch your team every week.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The "Pink Hat" Red Sox fans of about 05-10 was the worse sports bandwagon i have ever seen. They did make the Red Sox a ton of money however.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Johnny Manziel and his entourage involved in Cleveland brawl,?*per?*report - SBNation.com

G9cM48U.jpg

lol

quite the difference in story there. witness/victim's brother says Johnny and his entourage did the damage, Johnny's side says he was out to eat with his brother and mother.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I've posted here in the nfl football thread almost every year since I was on the original foh site which I joined around 2000ish always have been a pats fan, always will be. I don't post all that often in the thread though, once or twice a month

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Cute=P Packers, Redskins, Steelers, Broncos, and 49ers all have 300+ game active streaks. Though the teams fudge them some if you look at the capacity % stuff for every season.
Yeah, I figured there were teams with more, but it's the CHIEFS, MAN.

I'm guessing, but 1991 is probably when... nope, Joe Montana came in 1993. I wonder what happened in '91 to gets the fans to come to games...

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Oh man, Eric Berry has lymphoma. One of the best guys/players I knew of(never met personally) while I was at UT. Hope he can recover fully.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reminds me of when I found out Mario Lemieux had Lymphoma. One of the best guys/players I knew of(never met personally) while I was in Pittsburgh.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
everybody who plays on the penguins gets cancer or strokes.