NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Aren't this year's schedules built with way more divisional games at the tail end than usual? Your stat isn't just a function of division quality, but also how many in-division games (that only one team can walk away with a win in) theyhaven'tplayed yet.
Ravens have played every division game except for one. Every other team has played half of their division games.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The winner of the NFC South could theoretically win the division at 5-11, if everything plays out correctly. They really need to change how seeding works in the playoffs. I'm fine with division winners getting a playoff game, buthostingwith an awful record? Stupid.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Why can't they just add a clause that if the winner of the division has a sub .500 record the team with the best record in the wild card seeding takes their place in the seeding?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Why can't they just add a clause that if the winner of the division has a sub .500 record the team with the best record in the wild card seeding takes their place in the seeding?
Because owners want an owner in every division to be guaranteed home ticket money. In today's NFL you are one good draft away from being that owner.

I hope whatever team Griffin is on next year can get something out of him. Otherwise he's staring down the barrel of being one of the worst draft busts the league has ever seen. 3 first rounders and a second to get benched in his 3rd year in the league. Only the Redskins, folks. Only the Redskins.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I hope whatever team Griffin is on next year can get something out of him. Otherwise he's staring down the barrel of being one of the worst draft busts the league has ever seen. 3 first rounders and a second to get benched in his 3rd year in the league. Only the Redskins, folks. Only the Redskins.
Cheer up that is the best option available, your owner could be allowing that QB bust to push out a 2nd head coach and continue starting.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Eerily similar to Vince Young. I didn't buy him when he came out but I really thought RG3 would be Randall Cunningham 2.0. Hard to figure out honestly.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
If Houston loses to Tennessee this weekend, I'd hope they give Tom Savage a chance the last few weeks. Even if he is total dogshit, better to know that now and see if it can be salvaged. I mean, they know what they're going to get out of Ryan Fitzpatrick at this point.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Exacerbated by how bad St. Louis has been since then even with two top half first rounders the last few years. So not only was this a huge bust, the overall deal turned out to be even shittier all around than anyone thought possible.

RGKnee has one year left on his rookie contract and Colt is a free agent after this year. /popcorn

Gravy

Bronze Squire
St. Louis should indeed be better than they are. They were handcuffed the last few years by GlassBradford.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rams Prank Call Redskins, Offer Three 1st Round Picks For RGIII, Hang Up Giggling - ProFootballMock.com - ProFootballMock.com

?Was Snead being sarcastic there? I get the feeling he was being sarcastic,? said a confused Allen, while looking at the ?call disconnected? graphic on his smartphone. ?Well, whatever. I just heard that Brett Hundley of UCLA is declaring for next year?s draft. Someone get me the Raiders on the line and see if they?ll take all our first round picks between now and 2018 in exchange for their top pick next year.?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
His rookie year will always make him better than the likes of Ryan Leaf who was benched after 10 games where he threw 15 interceptions to only two touchdowns. Then again, he only cost one first round pick.

I was listening to Greg Cosell from NFL films who broke down the game film from the 49ers-Redskins game and he said that Griffin needs to spend the offseason with a quarterback coach who will start from scratch and teach him everything as if he was a first year college QB. He said he has regressed to the level where he's not even close to an NFL quarterback at this point.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
His rookie year will always make him better than the likes of Ryan Leaf who was benched after 10 games where he threw 15 interceptions to only two touchdowns. Then again, he only cost one first round pick.

I was listening to Greg Cosell from NFL films who broke down the game film from the 49ers-Redskins game and he said that Griffin needs to spend the offseason with a quarterback coach who will start from scratch and teach him everything as if he was a first year college QB. He said he has regressed to the level where he's not even close to an NFL quarterback at this point.
Getting murdered until your knee and ankle explodes will do that to you.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Aren't this year's schedules built with way more divisional games at the tail end than usual? Your stat isn't just a function of division quality, but also how many in-division games (that only one team can walk away with a win in) theyhaven'tplayed yet.
the NFL needs better consistency in their scheduling. Spread division games out evenly throughout the year, it shouldn't be dificult. The Chiefs only had 1 division game in the first 5 weeks of the season, and we play all 3 teams in our division in the last 5 weeks. In 2014 The chiefs didn't play a division game until week 6, but then had 5 division games in the last 7 weeks of the season.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think they like that because it makes the playoff race more exciting. The 49ers have 3 division games in the last 6 weeks including both seahawks games and the Cards in the final game of the season. They don't want the division winners decided too early so people lose interest.