NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is funny. I hope other people find it just as funny.Colin Kaepernick's 'Record' $126 Million Contract Was A Complete Sham - Yahoo Finance

Starting next season, Kaepernick's salary goes down $2 million each year if he is not named first- or second-team All-Pro, or if the 49ers don't play in the Super Bowl the previous season with 80% of the snaps taken by Kaepernick, according to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com.

In addition, while many outlets were reporting that Kaepernick's deal included a record $61 million in "guaranteed" money, it turns out the money was guaranteed only for injury. Each year of the contract, the 49ers can decide to cut Kaepernick before April 1 and will not owe him any more money.

Kaepernick is almost certainly going to be the 49ers' quarterback in 2015. But if he has another disastrous season next year, the 49ers could potentially cut him before the 2016 season. All of a sudden, Kaepernick's deal would be for just two years and worth $25.9 million.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It was the most team friendly contract ever. That's why nobody really had any problem with it. Kaep's agent is horrible.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Or he bought his own hype and thought he could repeat what he did his first year.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I don't think I have seen a team with as little heart as the Bears last night. I mean, Allen, Marshal, and a couple of the DBs showed up, sorta, but the rest of the team was completely phoning it in. You see more effort out of the fucking Jaguars and Raiders on a weekly basis than the Bears this year. Trestman's fault or not, this team has thrown in the towel and a compete house cleaning needs to happen. You can say its the D that aged out all of its veterans, and they have been shit this year, but the D are not throwing all of the picks or letting Cutler get sacked 7 times by the worst D in the league. All around shit show, worse than the Forrest Greg/Randy Wright years of the Packers, and that is saying something.

Anyhow, I think the Pack probably gets the number two seed, with Detroit being what it is and their recent injuries. This is provided that we actually beat TB, which I am not taking as a given at the moment. That basically means they might win a playoff game for a change and lose in Seattle instead, meaning a Roidhawks vs Cheatriots Superbowl. The only part of that game I will be morbidly curious to watch is seeing who works the refs better, Brady or Carroll. I don't even know who I would pull for in that game.
Really Marshal showed up? I'm pretty certain his ass is on IR and resting at home after Church broke his ribs and collapsed his lung.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What makes those number even more ridiculous is that most of them happened in their own house. This might be the worst defense ever in the NFL.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't know. The dumpster fire that was the Saints defense two years ago is going to take quite a bit extra to surpass in awfulness.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I guess any D that Rob Ryan was brought in and considered an improvement on has to be in contention for that, plus they did not have to go up against that trio.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
This was one of the more disgraceful seasons as a Bears fan. Very reminiscent of the Wannstedt era where the team was just getting pummeled lifeless and he had no pulse of the team. I'm usually pretty angry during the loss and then recover rationality the days after but I think the only solution to this problem is a complete fire sale. This team can't win, might as well reboot while there are still some young players building up on the team. For as shitty as Cutler played, I'm 100% positive he could be traded. Trade Marshall while you're at it and hope those draft picks are home runs. This shit needs to end.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This was one of the more disgraceful seasons as a Bears fan. Very reminiscent of the Wannstedt era where the team was just getting pummeled lifeless and he had no pulse of the team. I'm usually pretty angry during the loss and then recover rationality the days after but I think the only solution to this problem is a complete fire sale. This team can't win, might as well reboot while there are still some young players building up on the team. For as shitty as Cutler played, I'm 100% positive he could be traded. Trade Marshall while you're at it and hope those draft picks are home runs. This shit needs to end.
Trade Cutler and Marshal, keep Alshon draft Mariota and defense.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
No team in their right mind will trade forCutlerandMarshall'scontract, regardless of how cap/cash flush they are.

Any GM worth their weight in salt would keep the cheap draft picks in the future, for expensive garbage now. Besides, there is only one team out there that could take on that size of anincoming cap hit. I know the Jags are dumb as shit, but they arent that dumb.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
No team in their right mind will trade forCutlerandMarshall'scontract, regardless of how cap/cash flush they are.

Any GM worth their weight in salt would keep the cheap draft picks in the future, for expensive garbage now. Besides, there is only one team out there that could take on that size of anincoming cap hit. I know the Jags are dumb as shit, but they arent that dumb.
No, but the Jets sure are!

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
15m a year is league average salary for a starting caliber+ QB and 9m a year is a legit #1 WR salary, both of which are true in this scenario. My dream is that Bud Adams takes them both for the #2 pick. C'mon Crab Legs!