NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This seems excessive, but I've never liked the guy, even when he played. I have no idea what the going rate is, though.
Me either but apparently that would make him the highest paid NCAA coach. I also keep hearing the sports radio warble garblers claim Harbaugh is going wherever the money is best.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought he always wanted to stay in Cali because he didnt want to move family and stuff, maybe it was someone else

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is a day that will live in infamy. The common man won't accept our Catler being demoted!!!

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The incredible part of the Catler benching is the backup all along was Jimmy Clausen. Holy shit how do you go into a season with Clausen as your backup?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The incredible part of the Catler benching is the backup all along was Jimmy Clausen. Holy shit how do you go into a season with Clausen as your backup?
When you have a highly paid superstar like Cutler as your starting QB, you don't need to worry about your backup.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought he always wanted to stay in Cali because he didnt want to move family and stuff, maybe it was someone else
Well, his father spent time coaching for Michigan and the family lived there AND he played for Michigan. I still wouldn't be surprised if he wants to just stay in the NFL overall though. You might be right though, since why else would he be rumored to be linked to Oakland. You know he can land a better job than that pile.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think Harbaugh wants to go back to college although he probably should since his personality fits that better IMO. There are rumors that part of what turned his contract negotiations sour in the off season was that he wanted to be the highest paid coach in the league which would have put him in the 8-9 million range. I think he will go to some team that has a quarterback he thinks he can work with and where he can be GM and head coach. Add in the fact that he has family in the bay area and the Raiders are a perfect fit if they can afford him which is not clear.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
49ers don't let him go for free and Michigan can't exactly offer them draft picks. I suppose they can back a dump truck full of cash into the Levi Stadium parking lot.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really hope Raiders get Harbaugh and turns them around, cant stand the 9er fans popping up everywhere the last couple years being douches

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The 49ers seem to think someone is going to come in and bring them more success than 3 consecutive trips to the NFC championship game and one Superbowl in three years. I look forward to the bewilderment when this success does not reappear.

You can't trade a coach like a player regardless. Florio had a pretty good writeup on the trade rules for non-players. A gem amongst the usual shitty gossip.

Essentially the coach has to agree to sign a new deal to whatever team he is "traded" to. His current team simply receives compensation for releasing him before the contract is up. There would be nothingrequiringHarbaugh to coach, let's say, Jacksonville if the 49ers tried to trade him there. You can't "own" a coach's rights like you do a player with the free agency, franchise tag, etc. systems.

If Harbaugh doesn't like the potential trade destination he simply continues to show up for work in SF per the terms of his contract...and they can either fire him (and get nothing from his new team) or continue his employment.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Based on the comments from the GM I don't think there is going to be a trade. I think he will just get canned. Who knows though lots of money on the line.