NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to do what Belichick said and just be able to challenge everything that's not a judgement call. You still only get 2 challenges per half so I don't really see much of a downside
They should just adopt the college replay rules.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it seems like the commentators all seem to agree that those back to back 15 yarders were both bad calls and while the Boldin call was not, it is pussy shit.
Boldin's flag was legit, and a lot of them are. The Dallas game actually had some of the worst calls overall, but they didn't directly affect the outcome since Dallas imploded early on. I haven't watched enough of other teams play to see if they're experiencing the same thing, but I've never seen so many egregious calls game after game. A lot of them aren't even borderline calls; they're just completely blown, and they seem to consistently happen after they make a stop or convert a key 3'rd down. Someone posted on the 49ers board earlier that so far there have been 7 penalties after a 3'rd down stop resulting in an automatic first down against them (and who knows how many after they convert a 3rd down on offense, but I know it's close). Just not seeing any sort of consistency having the same thing called on the opponents. The refs aren't gonna let up any time soon though, so they either need to adapt or the Niners are gonna shit away more games.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Boldin's flag was legit, and a lot of them are. The Dallas game actually had some of the worst calls overall, but they didn't directly affect the outcome since Dallas imploded early on. I haven't watched enough of other teams play to see if they're experiencing the same thing, but I've never seen so many egregious calls game after game. A lot of them aren't even borderline calls; they're just completely blown, and they seem to consistently happen after they make a stop or convert a key 3'rd down. Someone posted on the 49ers board earlier that so far there have been 7 penalties after a 3'rd down stop resulting in an automatic first down against them (and who knows how many after they convert a 3rd down on offense, but I know it's close). Just not seeing any sort of consistency having the same thing called on the opponents. The refs aren't gonna let up any time soon though, so they either need to adapt or the Niners are gonna shit away more games.
Did you see the Eagles tackle the Colts WR while the pass was in the air and then the ball was intercepted because the guy who it was thrown to was on the ground from being tackled which LITERALLY cost the Colts the game? The blatant tripping against Murray, the missed off sides against Seattle etc etc etc it has been epidemic league wide.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Our defense sucks. Look how high scoring all the games are

Which honestly might not be that damning in the current state of the NFL. Even with an amazing defense, the way the new rules are you can still not live up to it's full potential due to the penalties
I wonder how a team that just says 'screw defense' would do? Basically dump 75-80% of their cap at the offense since the rules favor offenses so heavily. Find a really awesome D coordinator to get the most of those guys, obviously, but mkae defense an afterthought. It's getting to the point where even if you're a standout defensive player, you're still crippled by the rules and that evens out the field for defensive talent.

I can't figure out in the Cardinals video, but in the Eagles one I think it's hilarious that it's not even opposing fans fighting. Stay classy Philadelphia!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I wonder how a team that just says 'screw defense' would do? Basically dump 75-80% of their cap at the offense since the rules favor offenses so heavily. Find a really awesome D coordinator to get the most of those guys, obviously, but mkae defense an afterthought. It's getting to the point where even if you're a standout defensive player, you're still crippled by the rules and that evens out the field for defensive talent.

I can't figure out in the Cardinals video, but in the Eagles one I think it's hilarious that it's not even opposing fans fighting. Stay classy Philadelphia!
Denver last year?

Disp_sl

shitlord
Did you see the Eagles tackle the Colts WR while the pass was in the air and then the ball was intercepted because the guy who it was thrown to was on the ground from being tackled which LITERALLY cost the Colts the game? The blatant tripping against Murray, the missed off sides against Seattle etc etc etc it has been epidemic league wide.
No I didn't. I pretty much only watch Redzone and the 49ers games, so don't get to see a lot of what's going on league-wide. I saw the first half of the Colts/Eagles game, but that was it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
lol wtf looked like 2 eagles fans fighting
Eagles stadium only stadium in the NFL that has it's own prison, even the team knows its fans are a bunch of fucking douche bags, they fucking threw snow balls and booed Santa Claus. Hell if fox news was around during those days they would have used it in their war on christmas reports.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The point is believing the 49ers are somehow special and the only team that deals with bad calls is why people don't like 49er fans
Yeah, no one around here is doing that. The 49ers fans are complaining about the officiating in general and citing some examples from their team because that is the game they watched. No one here is claiming the league is out to get the 49ers, what do we look like, Seahawks fans?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
No I didn't. I pretty much only watch Redzone and the 49ers games, so don't get to see a lot of what's going on league-wide. I saw the first half of the Colts/Eagles game, but that was it.
If you have lots of time during the week buy game rewind, condensed version is awesome for watching a game you might have been interested in but don't want to sit there for 3hrs and watch it in 30 minutes.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yep, I've actually got Game Rewind. I watched almost all of the week 1 games, but just haven't bothered watching any since.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least the retard was wearing his helmet when he went tumbling down a flight of stairs.

lonely3_zach_02_sm.jpg

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
No one here is claiming the league is out to get the 49ers, what do we look like, Seahawks fans?
I wish I could argue this but I can't. Its so lolworthy that most Hawks fans think the league doesn't want us to have primetime games at home cause we blow people out and thats why we got 1 this year.