NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Next week Cowboys get half their defense back. Gregory, Hardy, Mclain, and hopefully Lee. I think we can all agree that will propel them to #1 defense status.

Weeden also showed us he's capable of lighting teams up on that last drive.

14-2
They're not winning the next game. If they do it'll be because Hardy rips Brady's legs off on a sack. Hardy alone also isn't going to suddenly turn that D-line into a monster.

I thought it couldn't get much worse on the injury front but I guess I was wrong. The good news is that the rest of the division isn't anything special.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_112035.jpg

Just for you Sutekh. A little late but it's the thought that counts.

Column_sl

shitlord
They're not winning the next game. If they do it'll be because Hardy rips Brady's legs off on a sack. Hardy alone also isn't going to suddenly turn that D-line into a monster.

I thought it couldn't get much worse on the injury front but I guess I was wrong. The good news is that the rest of the division isn't anything special.
We are cursed, it's not happening...

moontayle

Golden Squire
Maybe it'll give them a decent shot at a rookie QB to sit while the corpse of Romo holds on for dear life for a couple of years.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The Falcons since the Panthers were a double digit winning playoff team the last two years. I mean really what kind of question is that ?
not entirely sure what this sentence means. Panthers were 7-8-1 last year. Or did you forget this division was so bad that a sub .500 team won it and got to host a playoff game?

Next week Cowboys get half their defense back. Gregory, Hardy, Mclain, and hopefully Lee. I think we can all agree that will propel them to #1 defense status.

Weeden also showed us he's capable of lighting teams up on that last drive.

14-2
I'm calling that last drive Weeden's Tony Romo impersonation. But I don't think we get Lee next week. Supposedly if he had a concussion he will have to sit next week. Fuck the concussion protocol.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
not entirely sure what this sentence means. Panthers were 7-8-1 last year. Or did you forget this division was so bad that a sub .500 team won it and got to host a playoff game?

I'm calling that last drive Weeden's Tony Romo impersonation. But I don't think we get Lee next week. Supposedly if he had a concussion he will have to sit next week. Fuck the concussion protocol.
I did actually forget they slid into the playoffs with a 7-8-1. They were 12-4 in 2013 and did win their wild card game last year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lolphins. This was probably a good move but should make for an amusing rest of the season.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's a good step. If they can get a real coach and get some guards, it's possible they won't be a shitshow going forward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised no talk of O'Brien getting the can as well. Talk about another shit show.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He is only been on the job for 1-1/4 of a season. He isn't on the hot seat yet.

Rick Smith on the other hand.... I do not know how he still has a job after this long. He must have serious dirt on the McNair family. The guy is just inept at identifying talent in rounds 3 through 6.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jed Yorks biggest mistakes (Kaepernick Edition): Under-valuing the QB expertise of Harbaugh and Roman, over-valuing Dilfer, Chryst, and... Steve Logan? WTH? - Talking Points

Here is a great article on why Jed York should be taking the blame for the shitshow that the 49ers have turned into. This right here is one of my favorites. I remember reading about this when it was all going down during the offseason. I was really hopeful they were going to go this route, but alas that didn't happen.

One note to start off today's conversation: York and GM Trent Baalke could've hired Adam Gase as their coach last January, and Gase was in talks to keep Vic Fangio as his defensive coordinator if that happened.

But.

Instead, at the 11th hour of their long day of negotiations, Baalke told Gase he had to accept Tomsula as his DC.

Gase's response (paraphrased): What the hell???

So Gase wisely ran away from that at full sprint-he was never officially offered the HC job but had been led to believe the job was his-and then Gase swiftly and repeatedly declined Tomsula's entreaties to come aboard as the 49ers OC.

Eventually, Gase signed on as the Bears' OC. and Fangio signed on as the Bears DC.
York has put this team in a position that it can't quickly turn it around. It is going to take a major shakeup to bring the 49ers back to relevance.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Last I checked the coach doesn't line up on D. I realize that's the nature of the NFL but damn it irritates me that these "professionals" can suck so much and the coach gets fired. Suh should have his salary reduced for being so shitty.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kaepernick is sooo fuckin bad.

I hope Tomsula and his family enjoy this ride. Im sure they are thrilled their father has a head coaching job in the NFL.

They are the only people on earth that feel that way but still, i bet they are absolutely delighted that a guy who shouldnt even be a coordinator is attempting to coach one of the most stories franchises in football.

York is a young little prick too so it will be a loooooooong, painful ride unless the team is sold.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Clay Matthews of Green Bay Packers shouts 'You ain't Russell Wilson' at Colin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers - ESPN
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Colin Kaepernick didn't play like an elite quarterback on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers, and the struggling 49ers starter heard about it -- not just from the booing fans at Levi's Stadium, but also from one of his opponents.

TV cameras on the Fox broadcast picked up sound of Packers linebacker Clay Matthews shouting at Kaepernick: "You ain't Russell Wilson, bro."

It happened during the fourth quarter of Sunday's 17-3 win by the Packers.

That came after Matthews sacked Kaepernick in the third quarter and mocked his trademark biceps-kissing celebration...
That was a bit mean

Its true though