NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

moontayle

Golden Squire
Speculation is that he didn't want to get a negative result and be told he couldn't play. But JG dgaf and made it clear it wasn't up to Dez.

Hairline fractures are tricky injuries. X-rays won't pick them up until the bone starts to heal. Sort of like how Romo's injury didn't show up on x-rays either, just too small to pick out. I'm sure Dez could play through whatever pain he has but the risk of a greater injury will likely keep him out of the next game at least and maybe the Cinci game. I'd rather a healthy Dez when the games really start counting (Green Bay in 3 weeks) than a gimpy Dez who decided he was good to go against teams he might not be needed against.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
only thing milked more for sympathy than NO and Katrina, is the holocaust. Still recovering from MNF. But it was great to see NO lose

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
God I am warming up to Rex. Fucking with Edelman is great. Using a Bust 1970s number 1 pick as a name, even better. Then he goes on Boston Radio and after getting a super passive aggressive dick hole question just drags his feet and sinks the segment.

Amazing.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just because the last panel is great.

2016-09-29-WattGoestoIR.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
As a Saints fan that spent 6 years in NOLA... I can assure you almost everyone in that state was fucking pissed off when the media decided to do a 10 year Katrina remembrance on top of the bazillion statements and articles and onslaught of shit we heard about why the Saints won the Superbowl after Katrina. Other than people living in the Dome for a while after the hurricane and it being a "feel good" type thing when you win a Superbowl some years later after a major destruction event, the 2 really have nothing to do with each other.

Hate is what we do here though, continue the hate, don't mind me...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Famm I hate to admit I laughed my ass off at that. But it would be so much justice if Flacco tore his ACL again and all Ravens fans who made fun of RG3 mercilessly have that look on their faces.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just because the last panel is great.

View attachment 80083

Been telling texans fans I know this is karma because of all the shit they talked about romo.

I skipped a bunch of pages, is anyone else thinking that brady is nothing more than a good system QB with the way his backups are playing this year?

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
OMG We haven't done this on this new board yet!!! Can we have the Brady Vs Manning argument?

Brady has Belichick, great coach and great system hence Brady is a system QB! etc etc etc

Manning was amazing but he sucked in the playoffs. etc etc etc

We had some legendary discussions about who was better.

To answer the question though: Belichick is a master of his team. That's my strong opinion on why these anyone QBs step in and play well. Belichick has been amazing at capitalizing on his team's strengths and minimizing their flaws. If you really want to know if Brady is just a system QB I'd suggest doing a comparison of the numbers when Brady's on the field vs when he's not. Another fact is Brady has set some pretty significant records, 50 TDs used to be a record, topped 5k yards in a season, bajillion throws the other year without an INT... Until one of these noobs has 2 seasons under their belt I aint buying that these plug and play QBs are as good as Brady. DCs have 15 years of film on Brady to know what he can and can't do well. These plug and play QBs have virtually no game film so DCs are stuck playing relatively vanilla at them without knowing their specific faults. I stated I'd want 2 years of playing time to really make a comparison between Brady and any of these other Pats QBs. That gives a year of film for the DCs to figure out how to game plan against the QB and a year for the QB to play against tailored game plans to start comparing them to Brady.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Manning with a defense got to the Superbowl and won. And that was the worst Manning. Manning with a defense here in Indy (save the 2006 defense that didn't suck) he'd have a few more Super Bowl APPEARANCES, at the least.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Josh Gordon going into rehab...WTF with this kid. And wtflolz cursed Browns draft picks.