NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dolphins channeling the 1977 Buccaneers with these uniforms, and their play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I overreacting to say that after this game, the Tannehill era is over, and the Bengals aren't a playoff team without Eifert?

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Am I overreacting to say that after this game, the Tannehill era is over, and the Bengals aren't a playoff team without Eifert?

No, it's not over. It's the first year of his third offensive system, and there were a lot of O-line changes before this game because of injury. We had a 4th string center, a left guard moved to right tackle, a right guard moved to left tackle, etc.

I think Tannehill is a good enough, above average QB, but they didn't move him around. He just stood in the pocket and got sacked all night (I mean really, if you made a shitload of O-line changes...).

Actually he didn't move himself around. I don't understand how a QB that has been sacked 180+ times in his first 4 years in the league doesn't have his head on a swivel while in the pocket. It's mind bottling.

As for the Bengals I wish them the best against the rest of the way. They are a playoff team but if you have to settle for 5 FG's at home against a bad football team, they are going to get crushed if they have to go to Denver or NE. They go to NE in 2 weeks, so you will see what kind of team they are (I really hope they win but I don't have any hope for that, and Eifert coming back isn't going to change that much).

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Won't know the answer to that until the end of the season. If he doesn't show progress by week 12 or so under someone who is good with QB's like Gase, then yeah.

He's shown improvement every year, but he still hasn't put together a string of games with consistent performance.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The biggest issue in Miami as far as the offense goes is the offensive line. It's been hot garbage since Tannehill took his first snap. I don't think anyone really knows what he is because of that. 5 years in, and he hasn't even had an average o-line.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea Fins OL is fucking terribad. I think Tannehill is just shellshocked this point and has happy feet because he knows whats about to happen

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Speaking of Josh Gordon and the Browns failures... Crazy But True: Almost 30% Of Patriots Roster Is From The 2013 Cleveland Browns - Daily Snark

Pats are straight making money off the Browns coaching failures. I don't know what else to call it but coaching failures if one coach can make them play well and other coaches don't know how to utilize them properly. I bet Hue Jackson is losing his mind over this article...

That's an interesting article about why tv viewership is down. I don't have cable or any form of pay tv anymore. All we have is internet at the house and I stream redzone or stream specific games. IMO, the NFL should be finding ways to make it very easy and affordable for me to do this with high quality streams.

It takes 4 hours to watch a game with commercials but the game of the week replay without commercials takes an hour without? Commercials easily add an hour to the games and they suck. Commercial tv in this country is dying. I hate all forms of advertisement and I pretty much make it a point not to by stuff that annoys the shit out of me with advertisements. Geico? fuck them.

I don't think it's refs or player injury or the national anthem stuff. If they want to reach Generation Z I think the NFL needs to pipe redzone to the phone or at a minimum live highlights of a fans team to their phone.

I think fantasy has helped the league. Once I got involved with fantasy I actually started caring about players on all teams, both sides of the ball instead of just players on my team or the Randy Mosses of the league. That makes it so any game I watch I know players and can quickly engage in the game.

Everyone hates Goodell and the haphazard way he doles out "justice". Does ANYONE care if players are punished for whatever they do off the field? I honestly don't give a damn. We have a legal system for that. I don't give a shit about most things players might do. I don't like the Suh stomp or when Haynesworth stomped the Dallas Center.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As for the Bengals I wish them the best against the rest of the way. They are a playoff team but if you have to settle for 5 FG's at home against a bad football team, they are going to get crushed if they have to go to Denver or NE. They go to NE in 2 weeks, so you will see what kind of team they are (I really hope they win but I don't have any hope for that, and Eifert coming back isn't going to change that much).

Eifert is going to help a lot, but I still think we're a 10 win team at best. Massive coaching turnover this year and a slew of new receiving options. Both of the Bengals lines have been shit. Atkins and Dunlap have made their presence known but they haven't been their dominant selves. O-line has been one of the best the past few years but now they're awful with the same personnel. I miss Hue Jackson.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Now I really want to see how college ratings are doing compared to previous years.

Here is some quick napkin math : College is doing a-ok, Florio is wrong, and Muurloen is right

2015 :
2015.PNG

2016 :
2016.PNG

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bengals o-line sucks dick and we got no push in the red zone. Like Alex said Eifert is generally Dalton's TD funnel. Dalton and Green should work like 5 hours a day on fade routes I never see them run it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

The decline has become a mystery, for the media and surely for the NFL. The league’s failure to discipline more aggressively players who have engaged in off-field misconduct possibly has turned off some fans.

LOL, guy literally could not be more wrong. The people who want more discipline for off the field issues don't watch football anyway and were never going to start watching. I'd rather see the best players playing and go back to not knowing how many people he's killed or lines of coke he snorts in a night.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

So Josh Gordon to the Pats where he becomes part of the next top QB/WR duo and they win 3 more Superbowls?