NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not how you play on your best days, but when you play your worst games and still find a way to win that really matters.

The thing worrying me right now is that it's 2 ugly games in a row for the cowboys, 3 if you include the ravens, which was a mediocre performance. Maybe those were just good defenses, or maybe defensive coordinators have figured out our rookies.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
as a Lions fan, that game last night was exactly what i wanted to see. with a Vikings loss, a chance to increase our lead in the NFC North -- but more important, IMO, is that the Cowboys actually look beatable.

• 1Cutler

moontayle

Golden Squire
Last night was ugly but two huge plays by Dallas got called back on penalties. Hitchen's interception, and Zeke's 43 yard run in the 1st quarter. Both put Dallas deep in Minnesota's territory, but both got negated. Game was closer than it should have been. Refs were absolute shit overall too, calling a few ticky-tack ones on both teams, then missing obvious ones like the one at the end and another one on Dak earlier.

That said, the fact that Dallas was able to come away with the win despite pretty much everything going wrong for them should make other teams nervous. They're beatable, don't get me wrong, but everything has to go right for the other team and Dallas has to make mistakes. You let even one crack appear and that opens the door for Dallas to fight their way back in.

I am extremely nervous about the Giants game. They have the defense AND the offense to make Dallas pay for any mistakes on their end. The only consolation is that it's not for control of the division, regardless of this weekend's outcome. They can slip and lose, but still remain in control. It just means less room for error the rest of the way.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I am extremely nervous about the Giants game. They have the defense AND the offense to make Dallas pay for any mistakes on their end. The only consolation is that it's not for control of the division, regardless of this weekend's outcome. They can slip and lose, but still remain in control. It just means less room for error the rest of the way.

The Cowboys need 2 wins in the next 4 games to clinch 1st place in the NFC. It won't be easy (@NYG, vsTB, vsDET, @PHI), but going .500 after all we've seen this season should be doable.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last night was ugly but two huge plays by Dallas got called back on penalties. Hitchen's interception, and Zeke's 43 yard run in the 1st quarter. Both put Dallas deep in Minnesota's territory, but both got negated. Game was closer than it should have been. Refs were absolute shit overall too, calling a few ticky-tack ones on both teams, then missing obvious ones like the one at the end and another one on Dak earlier.

That said, the fact that Dallas was able to come away with the win despite pretty much everything going wrong for them should make other teams nervous. They're beatable, don't get me wrong, but everything has to go right for the other team and Dallas has to make mistakes. You let even one crack appear and that opens the door for Dallas to fight their way back in.

Giants are also a fucking shitshow at any given time. They'll look like world beaters and then a high school team within the same fucking game.

The offensive line is dog shit, and thankfully your weakness is you have absolutely no pressure from your front 4... so we actually match-up very well against you. Defensively, we can stack the box and leave the receivers one on one with our corners. The main issue is Witten eats us alive every god damn year.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
That said, the fact that Dallas was able to come away with the win despite pretty much everything going wrong for them should make other teams nervous. They're beatable, don't get me wrong, but everything has to go right for the other team and Dallas has to make mistakes.

What? The Vikings can't do dick on offense and consistently shot themselves in the face and almost won that game. If I'm an NFC contender, especially someone like the Seahawks or the Falcons, I would be pretty encouraged.

• 1Cutler

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
What? The Vikings can't do dick on offense and consistently shot themselves in the face and almost won that game. If I'm an NFC contender, especially someone like the Seahawks or the Falcons, I would be pretty encouraged.

This... after last night I am less scared of Dallas than I was. It will be a tough game don't get me wrong, but after last night Dallas isn't the world beaters everyone thought they were.

• 1Cutler

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think the only chance of the Cowboys not taking the #1 seed in the NFC was them losing to the Vikings. Short of them losing every game here on out I think they have it locked up.

• 1Cutler

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I agree... I think Dallas locked it up last night. That said I agree with a_skeleton_06.

• 1Cutler

moontayle

Golden Squire

Dallas did as much or more to shoot themselves in the face. For instance, the only reason the Vikings even got a TD is because of the fumbled center exchange on the play after Dak's slide (that got moved back 2 yards on a challenge). That miscue forced them to punt and gave the Vikings time to get down the field. I mean, there's no way to know if Elliot would have gotten the first down if the exchange hadn't been pooched, but if he had then that's game over. Dallas 17, Vikings 9. But we can play what-ifs all day and not get anywhere.

My point, such as it is, is that teams have to be able to make Dallas pay for their screw ups. Because Dallas has done a very good job of doing that on their end for most of the year. Steelers chased 2pt conversions for an entire game. Washington missed FGs and gave Dallas short fields that they turned into points. Vikings get two turnovers but only get 3pts off them, while Dallas gets 1 TO and 7 pts.

I already said Dallas is beatable. But through 11 wins they've faced every imaginable challenge and come away victorious. There are no more tests. Dallas is the test for the other team.

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It seems kind of silly to think the Vikings game was the one that made some people realize they were beatable. Good teams lose to bad teams every year. Good teams play sloppy games every year. It shouldn't have taken the Vikings game to realize they weren't perfect.

• 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Good, they can use that encouragement to console themselves when Dallas spanks their asses in the playoffs

• 1Cutler

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Von Miller - Classy dude Von Miller gives every player in AFC West custom bottle of wine, Thank You note – The Denver Post

TLDR of the article;

denverpost said:
Broncos linebacker Von Miller gifted every player in the AFC West — including practice-squad players and those on injured reserve — with a bottle of custom wine and a Thank You note. That’s nearly 290 bottles.

The wine, called The Setting, was blended by Jesse Katz, a Boulder native and Fairview High grad, who founded Devil Proof Vineyards and Aperture Cellars in California. (Katz also created a custom blend for the wedding of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.) On the label of each bottle is an orange outline of eye-glasses, Miller’s signature accessory, and his signature.

The note read:

"It is an honor and a privilege to take the field and compete with you twice a year. We are so fortunate to have this opportunity to fulfill our childhood dreams of playing in the NFL. The blood, sweat, aches and pains, and endless hours spent watching film are a testament to the love and dedication we have for this game. So take a moment, reflect on all your successes, and enjoy your accomplishment. Appreciate those who have helped you get this far, and start working towards your next childhood dream.

Thank you for helping to make our game great!"

• 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dang, he was already one of my favorite players.

Oh wait, according to Bubblesfag this must be some publicity stunt

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Lets wait till people start drinking it and see if it's a special ex-lax blend.

• 1Cutler