NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think a team has ever had an easier path to the SB in the salary cap era than New England. At least they might have to work a little to win another ring. Not really Darth Bill's fault that the entire rest of the AFC sucks balls, though.

On the Packers front, Ted needs to go. This season was doomed before the first pre season game started. Too many special projects/undrafted free agents on the Defense that Ted the Ghost lets stick around. We should also probably trade Mathews or restructure his contract. Paying 20 Million the next two years for a guy who has racked up five sacks all season and is habitually injured is not sound. Peppers did more than Mathews this year. If Rodgers is ever going to get another ring, we need a GM who will go out and spend some money on DBs, or frankly ANYONE. This system of trading high picks for two to three late rounders has resulted in getting blown out in the playoffs year after year. Also, there is a fucking reason we have been injury magnets since McFatass took over and they need to figure it out.

We were going to get blown out in ATL if we had an off day. Everyone knew that. But McFatty insisting on not running at all against a D that was weak to the run and constantly going for home run balls doomed us. Our game plan should have revolved around keeping Atlanta's Offense on the sidelines as much as possible, but instead we aired it out and Atlanta came out on fire and never stopped. Not that we would have won, either way, but its obvious McFatty had a faulty plan and the game got away from us almost instantly. This is the biggest blowout we have eaten since the Aikmen Favre era debacles, but more critically this one was actually expected by us which means the culture of the front office is basically now ok with coming up short. That is the reason they all need to go, while we still have a HoF caliber QB, because we sure as shit are not getting a third one in a row.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If Bill and Brady get another ring I think that should silence any nay sayers about being the greatest football dynasty in history.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
As if there is a doubt now? Are there any nay sayers? Except maybe Max Kellerman or Shannon Sharpe?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Bill and Brady get another ring I think that should silence any nay sayers about being the greatest football dynasty in history.
Agree with Phaz. No doubt they deserve their props and will go down as the best coach and Qb combo ever. That said..........

Has there ever been a worse division in football for as long as the AFC East has been putrid? They basically have a get-in-free card to the playoffs every year due to their god awful division. Outside of the Sanchize Jets for a year or two, they have had literally ZERO competition in their division since the Bills were choking away Super Bowls.

Jets-- awful since the Namath days outside of a year or two
Miami -- same since Marino
Bills -- same since Kelly

Fuck, I wish our division was that easy every year.

To put it in perspective -- the Bengals, the 3rd best team in our division -- in the last 10 years has made the playoffs more (6 times) than every other non Patriots AFC East team combined (Jets 3 times, Miami twice, Buffalo zero).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think the division is so bad because the Patriots are so good.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They always have to get past New England in the playoffs and that doesn't happen. There are other divisions that are weak for years. NFC North, AFC South etc. they are not going to the Super Bowl every other year.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know, but they dont even MAKE the playoffs to even lose to New England. Those teams just all perenially suck dick.

The AFC South? Huh.... the Colts were good for a loooooooong time, almost on par with New England in that time as far as making the playoffs. The Colts since 1995 have made it to the playoffs 15 times...Texans have made the playoffs several times.

I'll give you the NFC north...that division has been pretty suck too outside the Packers.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
This is largely true. Except for the year the Dolphins won the division and the Pats missed.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if Darth Bill will hang it up when Brady retires. And yea, the Dolphins had to have Brady get his ACL torn opening week vs the Chiefs that year to even sniff the playoffs. Then back to being whipping boys.