NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dallas Cowboys are next seasons Carolina Panthers and Dak Prescott will go full Tannehill and show everyone that he is the 4th best QB in the NFC East.

Wow, I don't usually see salty posts from Pats fans especially after the Falcons handed out a free trophy. Tannehill as worst is the third best QB in the AFCE and probably the second best. Your comparison is shit

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Tannenhill being 2nd best qb in the AFCE doesn't mean he's good. He's definitely in between 20-32 in the league

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Wow, I don't usually see salty posts from Pats fans especially after the Falcons handed out a free trophy. Tannehill as worst is the third best QB in the AFCE and probably the second best. Your comparison is shit

Tannehill isn't as good as Garapollo.

I'd give Tyrod the edge, because he isn't a little fucking bitch, for 3rd place.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kevin Jones from KNBR had an interesting theory on the Cousins situation. He thinks that Cousins wants out of Washington and wants to play for Shanahan and the 49ers told him that they want him, but they're not going to give Washington a bunch of picks when the team has so many holes in it so they told him to just let them franchise him, make his $25M, don't sign a contract, and next year he can come to San Fran as a free agent (would cost the Skins $35M to franchise him next year), they will give him a fat contract, and everybody's happy (except Washington). Shanahan doesn't need his QB this year since nobody expects them to win so they will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, bring in a veteran to compete with him, focus on the other problems with the team, and bring in Cousins next year.

Could be totally wrong, but it's a nice thought as a 49er fan. Also, if Washington thinks that they're losing Cousins next year and getting nothing for him, it might lead them to try some wacky trade like the one for Romo.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Kevin Jones from KNBR had an interesting theory on the Cousins situation. He thinks that Cousins wants out of Washington and wants to play for Shanahan and the 49ers told him that they want him, but they're not going to give Washington a bunch of picks when the team has so many holes in it so they told him to just let them franchise him, make his $25M, don't sign a contract, and next year he can come to San Fran as a free agent (would cost the Skins $35M to franchise him next year), they will give him a fat contract, and everybody's happy (except Washington). Shanahan doesn't need his QB this year since nobody expects them to win so they will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, bring in a veteran to compete with him, focus on the other problems with the team, and bring in Cousins next year.

Could be totally wrong, but it's a nice thought as a 49er fan. Also, if Washington thinks that they're losing Cousins next year and getting nothing for him, it might lead them to try some wacky trade like the one for Romo.

That actually makes a ton of sense. Redskins usually make the bad decision when faced with anything that isn't automatic(Cousins should be an automatic yes). Cousins would be a nice start for next year's 49ers and Lynch can't make worse decisions than Baalke who I never liked.

2L, I can see your point about Garapollo but the guy hasn't even stayed healthy for 4 games yet. Taylor may be good but no one knows. He's had the same level of control over his offense as Wilson had the first two years in Seattle. Don't be upset that Tannehill raped the Pats in 2015 with a 6-10 team and almost piled 400 yards and 24 points on your D with a completely new offense and coach last year. You will be ok.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
From what I've read you can franchise as long as you want, but starting the third year, you have to pay them 144% of their previous year's salary so the price gets outrageous pretty fast. Since Cousins will get $25M this year, next year it would be $36M and the year after that, $52M. It's not really practical to do it for more than 2 years.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
From what I've read you can franchise as long as you want, but starting the third year, you have to pay them 144% of their previous year's salary so the price gets outrageous pretty fast. Since Cousins will get $25M this year, next year it would be $36M and the year after that, $52M. It's not really practical to do it for more than 2 years.

Oddly enough that is a debatable, while true for most positions Qb is different and if a team tried to franchise a Qb a fourth time it would end up in arbitration where it's possible the tag might not be allowed. When the Saints slapped the tag on Brees that was the second time by a different team and they tried to only pay him like it was the first and part of the findings made it clear that if a team attempted a fourth tag on a QB it could be challenged as that position is protected.

This is all around 2006 so my recollection might be off a bit.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the Browns are stupid enough to pass on Garrett.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I really hope the Browns pass on him twice, as well as the 49ers, Bears, Jags, Titans twice, Jets, Chargers, Panthers, Bills, Saints, Cards, Eagles, Colts, Redskins, Bucs, Broncos, Lions, Dolphins, Giants, Raiders, Texans, Seahawks, and Chiefs.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the Browns pass on him twice, as well as the 49ers, Bears, Jags, Titans twice, Jets, Chargers, Panthers, Bills, Saints, Cards, Eagles, Colts, Redskins, Bucs, Broncos, Lions, Dolphins, Giants, Raiders, Texans, Seahawks, and Chiefs.

So does he, so does he. Can't blame the ex Arlington-Martin Warrior.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Redskins extended Gruden for 2 years. First time in 18 years (8 coaches) that Snyder has extended a coach.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oddly enough that is a debatable, while true for most positions Qb is different and if a team tried to franchise a Qb a fourth time it would end up in arbitration where it's possible the tag might not be allowed. When the Saints slapped the tag on Brees that was the second time by a different team and they tried to only pay him like it was the first and part of the findings made it clear that if a team attempted a fourth tag on a QB it could be challenged as that position is protected.

This is all around 2006 so my recollection might be off a bit.

There's nothing in the CBA or the ruling that I could find that said a QB can't be franchised a fourth time. It would make them by far the highest paid player in the league and would absolutely cripple a salary cap so I can't see it being much of an issue.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Redskins extended Gruden for 2 years. First time in 18 years (8 coaches) that Snyder has extended a coach.

It's going to be really sad seeing all these coaches from the Marvin Lewis tree go to other teams and get playoff wins while we're 9-7 or 10-6 every year.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Belichick is the fucking man. This last Super Bowl was his coupe de grace. He doesnt have to win another game, nevermind another title. His legacy is set, regardless of the scandal or circumstance.