NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jenkins also credited a lot his success this year to being able to trust his teammates. Trusting DRC and Apple to cover the other receivers, trusting Collins to be there when he's supposed to have help over the top, trusting the interior linemen to stop the run game and pressure the QB.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He probably didn't have to worry about the interior lineman much on the Rams either.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams defense has been fine, it could be better sure. I wasn't a big fan of Williams to be honest either. He always looked outmatched against any real offensive team.

I think A LOT of that has to do with how terribly shit we've been on offense for as long as I can remember now. I'd kill to have that piece of shit Beckham on the Rams.

Rams absolutely made a mistake on which corner to keep, but that shit is done and gone.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 49ers are clearly worse than the Rams. I feel your pain but now the Niners are in one of the lowest points in franchise history and it really is a crossroads for this whole organization. The Rams are just a couple of pieces away? Fisher was obviously a drain on the whole team and was never going to have any real success there, or anywhere. So with hime now gone, maybe management can get some offensive linemen to protect Goff? He cant be THAT bad right? I think he deserves a whole season, or at least a good part of it to prove whether he deserves a chance, nevermind living up to his #1 status.

As a fan you haveto root for his success, regardless of how bad his cameo was last season. If he does pan out your now just a receiver and another offensive weapon (slot guy, TE, scat back, think James White type, teams are going to start copying the Patriots blue print with the Bash and Dash strat of Blount and then White and Lewis) away from contending. Obviously the defense needs help but Aaron Donald might be better than JJ Watt when everything is clicking.

The Niners are just absolute trash. Their best defensive player might be Eric Reid. WHo is now in his 5th year of his rookie deal, and has been hurt. Their best player on offensive is El Guapo. The roster is worse than the Browns. I actually feel shame when I identify as a Niner fan.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It seems like most college QBs are not being trained to play in an NFL offense these days as the colleges are running super simple schemes that feature athletic quarterbacks and minimal reads. The NFL started to do the same but the defenses figured it out in about 2 seasons. I wonder if we will go back to the days of QB draft picks sitting for a couple years after they get drafted. Obviously there are exceptions (Dak) but for the most part, it seems like guys coming out of college aren't ready to start in the NFL, or at least have a steep learning curve and you don't know when you draft them if they are going to be able to do it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm not all that worried about Goff yet. Watching the games to me he seemed to have that little something you need to escape pressure and hit your guys. He proved he could take a hit that's for sure.

He's young, in good health, and has some proven offensive minded coaches helping him now.

Hard to get a real evaluation on ANYONE on this offense, it was that bad all around. Hiring a fucking in over his head tight ends coach to be the offensive coordinator and then keeping him on, I just don't...sigh, it's over now.

There really is no way they can't improve at least A LITTLE on offense.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The 49ers are truly fucked for a while, they literally have 0 QB's on their roster at the moment. The QB class this year is fucking garbage, not one NFL day one starter in the entire draft and you can count all the draftable QB's on one hand. Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes and the lottery ticket Kelly. If I were a fan of a QB needy team I wouldn't want any of the QB's that end up being drafted in the 1st round this year.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yea but thats how every draft seems. Literally no one talked about Dak Prescott and his potential to be a star performer. He was an afterthought late pick who Jones took a flyer on, yet ended up with a gem. The draft always looks one way before it happens, and an entirely different after.

the 49ers are in a bad spot, though. I think they can find a one year solution and suck for another year to acquire more picks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Would be quite funny if that all played out

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Dallas Cowboys are next seasons Carolina Panthers and Dak Prescott will go full Tannehill and show everyone that he is the 4th best QB in the NFC East.

• 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That would be quite a splash for Lynch/Shanahan as their first big move in SF.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The idea that the Skins want to trade Cousins has never made much sense to me. He's not Tom Brady, but it's hard to see how they could really upgrade him by that much, and certainly not with Tony Romo. Maybe he really wants to play for Shanahan again?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My favorite part is how pft claims it's hard to believe they would trade him to a division rival but have been claiming they are going to cut him for months lol.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
After reading a couple articles I think this is all just negotiation because Cousins wants Andrew Luck money and Washington doesn't want to pay that much. Throw some bullshit out there to try to convince him to sign for less.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
After reading a couple articles I think this is all just negotiation because Cousins wants Andrew Luck money and Washington doesn't want to pay that much. Throw some bullshit out there to try to convince him to sign for less.
I think it mostly comes down to this. It isn't that Washington doesn't want him, it is that they don't want to pay him top tier money. I think he turned down 16m per year last year, as he was asking for 20m+. The 49ers however have oodles of cap space and are desperate to dig out of this hole, so they would probably overpay for him.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
After seeing these contracts for QB lately I am perfectly happy with Dalton's contract. Actually, I think it's a pretty great deal given the market.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user