NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
TJ was ranked as the 61st best cb last year and is one of the worst tackling corners in the league
Thin depth, injuries, a shitty schedule. (and a fucking terrible offense)

Also, TJ was VERY good before that year.

I think they probably believe they don't have the depth at CB to let him just walk but he's not worth a long contract if he can't perform. Either that or they sign him before the dead line.

Regardless, if Wade is saying he wants this guy who am I to argue?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Guess I'm saying I think he'll bounce back this year as I expect the Rams to be better on both offense and defense this year. If he's not, he's gone.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
The Giants would never bring him in unless he takes the vet minimum. Doesn't fit our scheme at all and we don't have interior movers to open lanes for a downhill runner. The most he'd do is provide a "threat" in the run game from his name. At best.

Pass.
Imagine if we actually had a running game last season. I agree with you he doesn't fit the system and this years draft class looks excellent. No doubt we need some interior linemen to protect Eli.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

I think they probably believe they don't have the depth at CB to let him just walk but he's not worth a long contract if he can't perform. Either that or they sign him before the dead line.

If we believe you Snead listens to coaches to the point it's detrimental to his job and deserves to be fired, if we don't believe you he does the shit he does on his own and deserves to be fired.

Firing Fisher was a half measure, Snead needs to be removed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If we believe you Snead listens to coaches to the point it's detrimental to his job and deserves to be fired, if we don't believe you he does the shit he does on his own and deserves to be fired.

Firing Fisher was a half measure, Snead needs to be removed.
I believe Snead was brought in directed to defer to Fisher. We weren't the only team hot after Fisher when we hired the asshole.

I'd bet part of the reason he's sticking around is he's agreed to work with the new guys.

I'd say they've done a damn good job drafting defense. Now if McVay can help us get the right guys and scheme on offense I'm not that worried.

If not hopefully they replace him. My guess is his neck is next.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The issue is Ben is getting older, thus his window is closing, then you may fall into the "quarterback zone" where you have a decent qb, just not a great one.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
giphy.gif

Surely teams aren't that desperate?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Sure they could, but they'd save a lot more against the cap this year if they waited

How can you be an nfl insider and not know a damn thing about the salary cap. The man just reported the Cowboys couldn't absorb the cap hit, can't take anything he says seriously because he clearly has no problem talking out his ass.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I am getting sick and tired of hearing Romo to Denver. It isn't going to happen. Stupid fucking off season.

Honestly don't care where he ends up, an nfl insider reporter who doesn't have the slightest clue about the salary cap talking about it like he does triggers me lol.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Guess I'm saying I think he'll bounce back this year as I expect the Rams to be better on both offense and defense this year. If he's not, he's gone.

Oh you. I wish the Rams the best this year.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hah, I mean, the offense can't get worse. What's worse than worst? Only one way to go for that side of the ball.

The Chargers will be right there with you. The Dysfunction in Downtown!

• 1Solidarity

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

He was that good the year before because Jenkins was covering the #1s, not him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He was that good the year before because Jenkins was covering the #1s, not him.
I said that basically. Again though, there was a lot more to what happened then just JJ left. It was a rough season all around except for basically Aaron Donald and Johnny Hekker.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rams kept the wrong guy, Jenkins was rated the 6th best cb this year. Tru hasnt just been bad this year, hes missed 50 tackles in his career, 5th worst of every cb for that time span. His career he has allowed 60.7% completions, about where he was last year, ranking 42nd, putting him below numbers for a number 1 cb. He benefitted from Jenkins clearly, and when faced with top receivers just hasnt been that good.

Wade is somewhat of a CB whisperer, so you better hope he can work some magic given that retarded-as-fuck franchise tag.