NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I still don't get the rule that you can't line up across from the center. It just seems completely arbitrary.

May as well make a rule that a corner can't line up across from a tight end, because reasons.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The new rule eliminates the entire leaping bit, no way around it, would be illegal.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the issue with the center is...he is hiking the ball, being right over him would be an unfair advantage for the defense, they pretty much could truck him on the hike-provided they were fast enough.. being off the center allows the guys on the left and right to help that half second post hike where the center goes from being -essentially- defenseless to an active participant

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the issue with the center is...he is hiking the ball, being right over him would be an unfair advantage for the defense, they pretty much could truck him on the hike-provided they were fast enough.. being off the center allows the guys on the left and right to help that half second post hike where the center goes from being -essentially- defenseless to an active participant

While this is true, this is how football was played for thousands of years. It's only recently that it was decided centers need a tutu because they touch the ball every play. You wanna know why canning the center wasn't a game changing problem all our lives? Because centers are tough motherfuckers and learned to deal with it. Next they will outlaw the position of nose tackle and odd numbers on the defensive line.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The mayans played with human heads and had no rules. It was the spaniards who introduced the idea of penalties.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Congratulations, your refundable Las Vegas Stadium PSL deposit has been successfully charged to your credit card ending in .......

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I guess it's all about access. It's not that they think the sports books will fix games, but they might think some schmo with a gambling problem is more likely to get a job with the team and be tempted to do shit. I don't think it's a legitimate concern, but the appearance of impropriety is what they're trying to avoid.

What the fuck? You don't even know what I think about this one. But interestingly you might be right about me standing alone. I haven't seen anyone else say that it should be a business decision for the city. City needs to decide how much the team brings in and make an offer based on that. Vegas is in a pretty good position to spend a lot without any taxpayers getting bit, but I doubt they're making a good decision based on any increased tourism from the team. I might be wrong though, I'm sure there are wizzards of smart who sat down and mathed all that shit out.

That's what I thought. So what's the new rule? You can't even try to leap the center anymore? Also, the no canning the center rule was bullshit and still is bullshit. They're just putting tutu's on everyone who touches the ball now?
Congratulations, your refundable Las Vegas Stadium PSL deposit has been successfully charged to your credit card ending in .......
How much did you throw down

• 1Salty

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
$100 deposit then wait to see if you get one, but is the first step in potentially getting season tickets in the new stadium for 2020

Las Vegas Stadium

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yuppers. I'd be in today if there was some line or priority for putting down the $100, but there isn't. Will put mine in next week. Also only need 1 deposit for any number of tickets, so just one for the pair we're going to get.

Was looking at Mercedes-Benz Stadium to get an idea on PSLs and payments and stuff, that's a lot less of a concern knowing we'll be able to stretch those payments out like 10 years if we want.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Raiders didn't really have great attendance in California surprisingly.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought Oakland games almost always sold out? They always look pretty packed on TV.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
They had relatively poor attendance because they were bad for more than a decade. As they've gotten better (and moving got more likely) they begane to sell out and had a 20k deep waiting list for season tickets as of last season.

I don't think they'll have a problem putting a lot of butts in seats next season, especially if they're still winning. Won't be a repeat of the Oilers lame duck season.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Teams that suck--don't sell out their stadiums- or sell out the tickets to the visiting team fans visiting...

WAY back when the Patriots sucked (pre-parcells) the only games i could watch on TV were the AWAY games, the pats rarely sold out sullivan stadium... then parcells joined the team as HC and ticket sales boomed. Since 1994 every pats home game has sold out. (parcells joined the team in 1993. pathetic thing is i guessed that 1994 year and was right) if next season the pats sucked,, attendance would drop the season after, if they sucked again less would attend,,,repeat until you get better.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they call it Mt. Davis, and it's remained covered even though attendance has been good.