NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys muff punts, it happens. Yes, it was a big mistake, but that shit happened early in the 2nd quarter. All he did after that was throw (yes throw) a 57 yard TD to Barkely and catch another TD along with 131 total receiving yards for the game, turning what was a 14-3 deficit into a 31-30 lead with only 1:08 left. Predictably, Giants D allowed them to gain 30 yards in that minute and still took a 63 yard field goal to win the game for Carolina. Eli throwing picks on back to back 2nd half drives when they were only down 20-16 leading to 1 Carolina TD probably greater effect on the game overall.

As far as the running his mouth to the media stuff I agree 100%. But it's just laughable watching Eli burn 45-50 seconds of clock trying to sneak that in twice in a row, before throwing up a contested pass Beckham just snatches. That team is literally Barkley and OBJ right now.
Im not defending Eli.

However, its not like ODB is playing at a high level. Hes not.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im not defending Eli.

However, its not like ODB is playing at a high level. Hes not.

Only crazy people are defending Eli at this point...like Giants management for whatever reason. They're either in hard denial or just tanking anyways. I'll agree Beckham hasn't been at his best, I just think most of the reason falls on the offense's inability to get the ball to the receivers well enough. Despite all that he's 3rd in receptions and 4th in yards. Barkley is still a rookie so it'll take him a little longer to check out mentally this year, but it's coming. Not sure they win 4 games.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eli had two incredible postseasons, and a few good regular seasons, over his entire career. An anti-patriots boner kept him, and coughlin in place far longer than should have been justified for either. Not to denigrate those wins, but without them Eli is bortles with a legacy name.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Eli had two incredible postseasons, and a few good regular seasons, over his entire career. An anti-patriots boner kept him, and coughlin in place far longer than should have been justified for either. Not to denigrate those wins, but without them Eli is bortles with a legacy name.

I think you're getting a little carried away there. Eli is 6th all time in passing yards, 7th all time in touchdowns, 11th all time in wins, and won two superbowls. He's a hall of famer for sure. Blake Bortles will never get close to any of that. That doesn't mean he's good now, but you're selling his career short.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think you're getting a little carried away there. Eli is 6th all time in passing yards, 7th all time in touchdowns, 11th all time in wins, and won two superbowls. He's a hall of famer for sure. Blake Bortles will never get close to any of that. That doesn't mean he's good now, but you're selling his career short.

This is the NFL thread... if it wasn't full of hyperbole and shit talking wtf are we doing?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Best Sports story and single comment I have seen this week.

Homeowner Describes Moment Broncos Backup Quarterback Chad Kelly Walked into Home

Chad Kelly, hammered, stumbled into a home that wasn't his and was charged with 1st degree criminal trespassing.

Comment of the day:

"Homeowners in the area have been encouraged to place end zones in their front yards to prevent other Broncos players from entering their homes."

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Yeah, but part of that is just longevity. If you look at his individual seasons, how many of them were top 5 for that year? I'd say maybe 2-3 qualify. He started his career pretty mediocre, became solidly above average to good with a few peaks, and then has bottomed out. The SB wins help a lot, but I really never felt he was a consistently great QB.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yeah but if you take away his two super bowl runs and his 3 best seasons, suddenly he doesnt look so hot.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Game is going to suck tomorrow night. Miami's only primetime game this year and we have 8 players on IR, 4 out tomorrow, and 12 on the injury report.

We are trying to get our reputation from shitty NFL team to mediocre "Jeff Fisher" NFL team, and we are going to look even worse than normal.

Nah, screw it boys. FUCKING BROCK LOBSTER TIME HE'S COMING HOME TO HIS SUGAR DADDIES. THANKS FOR ALL THE MONEY HOUSTON YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE LOBSTER AND GOT RID OF O'BRIEN!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Game is going to suck tomorrow night. Miami's only primetime game this year and we have 8 players on IR, 4 out tomorrow, and 12 on the injury report.

We are trying to get our reputation from shitty NFL team to mediocre "Jeff Fisher" NFL team, and we are going to look even worse than normal.

Nah, screw it boys. FUCKING BROCK LOBSTER TIME HE'S COMING HOME TO HIS SUGAR DADDIES. THANKS FOR ALL THE MONEY HOUSTON YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE LOBSTER AND GOT RID OF O'BRIEN!

yeah they looked beat up already on Sunday, when i saw that they were gonna have a short week between games this week i felt bad for 'em

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Brocktober go go go!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Brockalypse coming to any team foolish enough to go against the Dolphins!

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we all know The Brocketship can't win shit in Houston

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still winning the Super Bowl boys!

Snacks doesn't fit the scheme, I get it... still think they could've gotten a third or fourth for him. Fat cap hit though.

REBUILD MODE MOTHAFUCKAS.