NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Awesome 4 years 70mill.
Best CB in the league imo and our best player locked up for 6 years now! Locked up the LT Dion Dawkins last month. Lots of good promising rookies. Buffalo futures looking good !

Need to extend Matt Milano next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Interested in what they're going to do with the salary cap for next year. A lot of these contracts that looked like smart long term plans are now going to obliterate the caps.

So I was wondering this too. The cap goes down right? Cause this season revenue will be down.

At this point they need to make QBs separate from the salary cap. But still have them some how impact it. Not sure how but once you pay a QB you are strapped.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tre'Davious white? that sounds like a made up name from the key and peel sketch.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Awesome 4 years 70mill.
Best CB in the league imo and our best player locked up for 6 years now! Locked up the LT Dion Dawkins last month. Lots of good promising rookies. Buffalo futures looking good !

Need to extend Matt Milano next.

Maybe you guys can finally break your Super Bowl record

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually want them to play the Pats in the SB. Of course I'd prefer the Bucs to win, but it would shut people up about both Brady and Belichick along with giving Cam a chance at redemption.

Is this thread really gonna slob-knob on Brady and Belichek? The only thing I want to see from them is Brady getting wiped out so hard his helmet flies off and takes out belichick in a freak accident. Don't care if it needs to take a 3 hour flight to get there.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
So I was wondering this too. The cap goes down right? Cause this season revenue will be down.

At this point they need to make QBs separate from the salary cap. But still have them some how impact it. Not sure how but once you pay a QB you are strapped.

Next year's cap will go down, just from loss of stadium ticket sales, but the NFL / NFLPA negotiated that the cap reduction would be spread out over the next ten (iirc) seasons, so it will be completely hidden by the next TV restructure, whenever that is.

(Assuming there is still a post-pandemic, post-glorious revolution society, of course.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Would have been funny if the NFL would have approved.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That Deandre Hopkins contract just made Keenan Allen's look like a bargain, holy cow.

The new money numbers look big on the 2 year extension part, but in reality it all works out to essentially a 5 year deal total at $18.8M a year.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
When will we see Patrick Mahomes's final form?

Give it about 4-5 years.

images

• 1Picard

Hosix

All labs matter!
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marriota never really had a chance to replace Carr this season. Not with Covid, no preseason, etc. Even without Covid, Marriota is just a high priced backup.

Carr has all kinds of receivers to throw to this year, good ones. I think he will do well. He hasn't really had a decent receiver group since his 2012 season when he threw for over 4000 yards and won 12 games.

After the Brown fiasco last year, so no deep threat and with Williams playing hurt, Carr was in survival mode. He still managed to play well considering his lack of serious receiving threats. One week he was throwing at a guy who was on the couch the week prior. If Brown hadn't pulled his bullshit, the Raider's would easily have won one more game and made it to the playoffs.

We'll see how he does. I think Carr is a great quarterback. But he will have to prove it this year. With the team loaded with receiving threats and a really good running back with Jacobs, Carr won't have any excuses.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This guy does a pretty good breakdown of why Carr is good and the issues he has.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This guy does a pretty good breakdown of why Carr is good and the issues he has.

Makes you realize how much football you DON'T know.

Car pre-snap. Jesus.
Car with ANY pressure. WTF Carr! Jeezus!!!

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users