NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Marriota never really had a chance to replace Carr this season. Not with Covid, no preseason, etc. Even without Covid, Marriota is just a high priced backup.

Carr has all kinds of receivers to throw to this year, good ones. I think he will do well. He hasn't really had a decent receiver group since his 2012 season when he threw for over 4000 yards and won 12 games.

After the Brown fiasco last year, so no deep threat and with Williams playing hurt, Carr was in survival mode. He still managed to play well considering his lack of serious receiving threats. One week he was throwing at a guy who was on the couch the week prior. If Brown hadn't pulled his bullshit, the Raider's would easily have won one more game and made it to the playoffs.

We'll see how he does. I think Carr is a great quarterback. But he will have to prove it this year. With the team loaded with receiving threats and a really good running back with Jacobs, Carr won't have any excuses.
His 2012 season when he was drafted in 2014... Hmmmmmm..

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit. Jalen Ramsey just completely reset the CB market. Good luck to the Rams on finding cap space for anyone else.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His 2012 season when he was drafted in 2014... Hmmmmmm..

Lol. 12 wins on the mind somehow became 2012. Yeah, it was 2016 when Carr won all of those games but then broke his leg just before the playoffs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit. Jalen Ramsey just completely reset the CB market. Good luck to the Rams on finding cap space for anyone else.

Team is going to be Goff, Donald, Ramsey, and then a bunch of random dudes off the street because they can't afford anyone else.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, the Rams seem like they're going to be terrible for a long time. I was discussing this with my co-worker and it's like, they have 2 of the best 10 defensive players in football. And then, they have 9 other guys you probably don't want starting. We'll see how that works out, Cotton.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Seems like a terrible strategy but we'll see in 5 yrs if they have another Lombardi or not. I'm going to guess not.