NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I pirated red zone yesterday so I really didn't have to see shit. When I tried watching the Thursday night game, the very first commercial was Patrick Mahomes and Adidas whinging at me about black lives.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I disagree. Teams that had new personnel it really showed. Lets take the Pats. (Game I looked at hard) All their offensive plays were runs or 2 progression reads. That's all they could get away with from their new QB. The Bucs (another game I looked at hard) clearly could have used 4 preseason games, of which I bet Brady would have demanded he start all four, for multiple quarters. I mean Arian's had Brady trying throws that just isn't what he does. That would be obvious with preseason games.

Conversely, those QB's that knew their offenses were for the most part clicking no problem. I mean fucks sake Lamar Jackson had the best game and beautifully executed plays and throws I have seen since Manning and that SB year.

And before people start saying "College football has no preseason and look how great they do!". They can field enough players to have scrimmages within the team.

I agree with this. Another big issue was for teams that had injuries or a lot of new bodies on the offensive lines (or just bad O lines in general). Any defenses that were able to pressure the QB's yesterday had a lot of success, and I'm sure part of it was it being the first real game for some of these O lines. This may just me trying not to get too hyped about the WFT's front 4 yet, but time will tell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought the 49ers looked like they could have used a couple preseason games.

The offense was at a disadvantage with injuries to the two best receivers plus the center but there were still a disturbing number of WTF throws by Garoppolo. Defense wasn't much better with Hopkins making a fool of the secondary and Kyler Murray running all over them. They definitely got some pussy ass calls for barely touching Murray while he was sliding. I was beginning to think they should just tee off on him because they're going to get a penalty regardless. The running game was on point though with Mostert looking fast as ever and McKinnon showing some flashes of what he could do. Kittle was getting double teamed a lot since the DBs weren't scared of Pettis and Bourne.

I sure hope Garoppolo was just having an off day though because he was not very accurate at all today, granted that he was running for his life quite a bit but that definitely not the only problem.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lost Jarwin, LVE, had a 3rd string tackle in, a super tacky PI call against Gallup, that retarded 4th & 3 and we lost that game by 3 pts to what should be at least an above-average team. Time of possession was 35:38 to 24:22 in favor of the Rams. Nothing says, "Sign Earl Thomas" more than that.

Not sold on Kellen Moore one bit as OC; not enough pick plays etc. Also Dalton Schultz is fucking awful. You might as well only run 10 guys out there. Losing Jarwin is gonna suck. First time we've had athleticism at TE in 32 years... At least Zeke looked way, way better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think this weekend finally proved what everyone else knew forever -- preseason games are a waste of time (with very few exceptions).

I think preseason is mostly for the 2nd string/practice squad guys that are just trying to get

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Schultz is the reason the 4th and 3 didn’t work. He ran his route too shallow so Lamb had to run his route 2 yards shy of the marker.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I watched some replays from off sites to avoid giving any revenue or clicks to the shilling, but what I saw:

Much as I dislike the Pats, this is standard fare for them. Dolphins always play them hard and Bellicheat rarely blows teams out early in the season, preferring to hold his cards close until during post season that he can.

The 49ers took a step backwards, but this always happens when a team loses the SB, especially when they had a shot at winning it.

Viking Defense normally starts the season strong and the Packers just flat out wrecked them. Packers should have a great season up until the moment Adams or Rogers gets hurt again.

I could dial back the wayback machine where I laughed at Dallas hiring McDoofus to coach and how that would pan out, but Dallas fans are suffering enough as it is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Schultz is the reason the 4th and 3 didn’t work. He ran his route too shallow so Lamb had to run his route 2 yards shy of the marker.

Yup, thought he had an opportunity last night and he blew it in every possible way (dropped passes, bad routes, shit blocking). Have a big hole to fill in that spot and nobody to fill it

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Garoppolo has about 3 to 4 WTF throws in him per game. Thats his fucking problem, for some reason some balls get away from him. I dont know if its jitters, or just nerves, or just bad mechanics on a specific attempt. Either way it needs to stop. If he could of settled down on that throw in the super bowl to Sanders the 49ers win that game. Instead now he is basically turning into a joke. Good ol 49ers.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Bills looked shakey destroying the jets, should have been 40 to 10.
2 fumbles...Cmon man!

Our 2 best LB's hurt =( could be trouble.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Timing also for 1st stringers. Especially now since they can't even fricken touch each other.

This showed with Brady and Mike Evans. They were just off. Saints D looked solid.

I bet if Trubisky had those preseason games? He would have been lights out vs the lions.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah lets just throw a 2 yard pass when we need 3, and we can easily boot it in for 3 points to tie up the game with 12m left. The Garret Legacy continues to a new generation.

This is what I was worried about with McCarthy. I've never thought he was a good coach. I was hoping that maybe he only sucked at the coaching duties that Jerrah would be performing. But nope. You can't say that cost us the game because there was a lot of time left, but it was like he had no faith in the offense to get back into scoring range so he had to go all in on this possession.

I actually agree. There was a little bit there, but I've seen worse go uncalled.

The dude flopped. He should be playing soccer.

On a scale from 1 to 10 where would you guys peg the overall level of BLM faggotry? With lower being more watchable. I saw two teams kneeled for a fucking kickoff, and individually that’s at least a 9, but what about the league overall?

About a 1. I only watched the cowboy game and the rams kneeled for the National Anthem. Only 1 cowboy kneeled. I'm actually pretty proud of my team. I noticed nothing else on the field. I think there was a BLM commercial but I don't remember any details because I didn't really pay attention. I think that commercial was shown twice. My theory is that the NFL made a big deal out of allowing the protests and having BLM messages knowing full well that the people who wanted it would not be watching, so they wouldn't have to actually shove it down anyone's throats.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The dude flopped. He should be playing soccer.

I mean, lets not pretend there wasn't a shove. If he flopped he would have sold it even more. I just think arms were already extended by both and engaged a bit so there should be a little more leeway given for contact/slight push offs at that point.

Like I said, though, I've seen bigger shoves by receivers go uncalled, and in spots not as big as that play last night.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Garoppolo has about 3 to 4 WTF throws in him per game. Thats his fucking problem, for some reason some balls get away from him. I dont know if its jitters, or just nerves, or just bad mechanics on a specific attempt. Either way it needs to stop. If he could of settled down on that throw in the super bowl to Sanders the 49ers win that game. Instead now he is basically turning into a joke. Good ol 49ers.

This is a problem Favre used to have, zipping rocket balls early on when he was too amped up. He would settle down after he took a hit or two. This led to Holmgren calling a couple min protect plays so someone would pop Favre and he would finally get pissed and in the zone. I think Jim G's issue is a chip on his shoulder called "I used to be Tom Terrific's backup" fucking with him. Some of the play calling is also not doing him favors, either. Shanahan seems to trying to play him like he is Matt Ryan, which he is clearly not. He is more like an upscale version of vintage Flacco, who will win you an occasional game but is mainly there to not fuck things up.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, lets not pretend there wasn't a shove. If he flopped he would have sold it even more. I just think arms were already extended by both and engaged a bit so there should be a little more leeway given for contact/slight push offs at that point.

Like I said, though, I've seen bigger shoves by receivers go uncalled, and in spots not as big as that play last night.

Ignore the Refs and look at the situation with that coach. As someone who suffered through McDumbass squandering not one but TWO Hall of Fame QBs, I actually felt bad for my friends who root for the Cowboys when they announced they were getting him. He is an uninspiring lump of shit who ONLY goes off script at the most predicable moments and in the worst ways. And every disappointment ends the same way. Bitching about the Refs when really its mismanagement of the game and the team looking incredibly flat (especially in the first half) that costs you the game. Dude was fucking clueless in GB and I hardly expect it to be different in Dallas, even with Jerry riding his ass like a rented mule.

Expect every game to be 20 "scripted plays" (mostly all pass and a lot of them long for early in the game) designed to immediately tire out your defense since play four of every drive is punt. Then he gets behind and lets the team play street ball for a while (which worked under Favre and Rogers, not sure Dak is up to the task) and then calls some really stupid shit once the team claws their way back into the game. Any ring you get while he is in Dallas will be IN SPITE of him, not because of him. He is the worst coach in NFL history with a ring and he only has it because Rogers and the Packer D caught fire at the right time that one year.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

There was no shove, just his arm extending as he ran away. You have a right to put your body into position to catch the ball and make your moves. If the guy hadn't done a flop there would be no call. The NFL needs to figure out a way to stop that flopping bullshit before it gets popular. If this game turns into soccer it'll drive me away. And for his part, CeeDee probably needs to learn to do that with a relaxed arm. That way the pansy DB doesn't realize he has an opportunity to flop.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sold on NE. I don't doubt Belichick, but he's going to hit a ceiling with Cam that was rarely a problem with Brady. Cam's on the wrong side of 30 to be doing RPO. The hits will stack up and by December he will just be a plodder with the ball. Belichick did a great job on a 1 year contract though. He's gonna use up the last bit of tread on the Cam Newton tire before tossing it. Great stopgap until next year. They still have a good defense and will contend for the division of course. I still have them making the playoffs.

Miami looked promising. 2 rookies on the O-line, and Fitzpatrick had time to throw. We lost by 10 with 3 Turnovers. Last year Fitz was running for his life and was sacked 7 times in week 2. Only 21 players from last year's roster were active, so there's a lot more room to grow.

LOL at the Jets. Gase is so bad. I could understand the AFC East incest with even hiring Rex Ryan, but wow. The whole meddling owner thing is going to screw this team for years; no coach/GM worth a crap is gonna want to be there.

Cowboys are gonna Cowboy. I have no idea why the Cowboys floundering brings me satisfaction; I married into a family of Cowboys fans, I live outside DFW, and I've rarely had a bad interaction with any of their fans. I guess it's just when in Rome I'm doing as the Romans do.

I actually didn't mind fake crowd noise; the silence was deafening to me.

BLM/kneeling: Miami released some video on Thursday, and the whole team decided to stay inside for both Anthems because the whole kneeling/not kneeling thing was only dividing people and not actually changing anything. I guess that's less offensive? I don't think any of the Pats were kneeling.

Bills looked shakey destroying the jets, should have been 40 to 10.
2 fumbles...Cmon man!

Our 2 best LB's hurt =( could be trouble.

You're playing Miami next week, so it's Buffalo's game to lose.

• 2Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Having watched games all day yesterday, it looks like the AFC is going to come down to KC vs Baltimore.

From what I saw of the Chiefs, I expect them to audible to a running play any time there is a favorable count in the box. Gonna make it really hard to defend against anything they are doing.

• 2Like