NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
could brady have made that throw to cook... we'll never know.

Yes, we do know. Answer: No. Reason: He couldn't have rolled from the pocket like that. Not his game.

Can Brady drop a dime in a bucket at 30 yards? Yes. But he can't make *that* throw.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I think we learned two things this weekend I've been trying to tell you:

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB we've seen this generation, and it's not even close.

Leveon Bell is the best RB we've seen this generation, and it's not even close.

Go Pack!

Can I claim a little credit on the Aaron Rodgers front as well?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
This is more where Brady is unique.

giphy.gif

Bill Belichick breaks down Tom Brady's 'perfect' touchdown pass to Rob Gronkowski

Could Rodgers have made that throw from a physical standpoint? Sure. But 99% of that throw happens above the neck.

Rodgers can physically pretty much will the ball wherever he wants it to go. But that's not Brady's game.

You put Brady's brain in Rodger's body tho..... Deity level.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much fun as it is to bag on Romo, I really think he's just shy of being a HoF caliber QB, as opposed to a bum who shouldn't even seriously be discussed. He's typically been saddled with mediocre teams with poor management and questionable coaching, but the team has had 10/13 winning seasons and 6 playoff appearances. Unfortunately for Romo he will always be known first and foremost as a fourth quarter choke artist, which is why I don't think he'll ever make it in. When the going gets tough, QBs like Rodgers and Brady* step up and make an amazing play. QBs like Romo throw an interception.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Romo is loved by Dallas, despite his flaws, because of the long train of shit that was sandwiched between him and Aikman. At the end of the day, its his playoff record that will keep him out of the HoF. Rodgers is an amazing talent, but he needs at least one more SB appearance (and probably a win) to avoid becoming the next Dan Marino (borderline HoF QB with amazing stats). He probably has three more good years left in him, but I don't think our front office is going to surround him with the talent.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know a single Cowboy fan outside of the couple on this board that like Romo. They are all morons that think he was holding them back all these years.

Rodgers is guaranteed hall of fame. Girl you crazy if you think otherwise.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Romo is loved by Dallas, despite his flaws, because of the long train of shit that was sandwiched between him and Aikman. At the end of the day, its his playoff record that will keep him out of the HoF. Rodgers is an amazing talent, but he needs at least one more SB appearance (and probably a win) to avoid becoming the next Dan Marino (borderline HoF QB with amazing stats). He probably has three more good years left in him, but I don't think our front office is going to surround him with the talent.
Dan Marino is a borderline HoF QB?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He is a HoF QB but is known for piling up ridiculous stats and certain skills, not for winning the big one.

For better or worse, at the end of the day, its the number of rings that define greatness, especially at the coaching or QB position. Packers have been good, but not terrifying under Rodgers (we were one and done in the one dominant season we had) so if I am being fair, he has get that second ring at least if he wants to be compared to the best QBs of all time. A lot of that has to do with our poor coaching and suspect roster moves, but Eli suffered under a lot of that same bullshit and even he has a pair of rings to his credit.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just hope both teams in the AFC have fun on Sunday.

And that Tom Brady tweets a Muhammad comic and gets jihaded at midfield before the game starts.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Comparing Marino and Romo is retarded. That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Honda because neither one is a McLaren. Marino has been to the playoffs 10 times and was someone that was in the discussion for GOAT at one point and still in many people's top 5 for people that care about that kind of shit. Romo probably doesn't even break the top 5 of his own era.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Comparing Marino and Romo is retarded. That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Honda because neither one is a McLaren. Marino has been to the playoffs 10 times and was someone that was in the discussion for GOAT at one point and still in many people's top 5 for people that care about that kind of shit. Romo probably doesn't even break the top 5 of his own era.

Yeah, thankfully there has been some blowback on the rings discussion in many circles. Thank you, Terry Bradshaw! Trent Dilfer! Thank you, Flacco! Thank you, Ghost of Peyton Manning's skill! We can now look past a team's accomplishment and give guys like Fouts, Marino, and Brees their due credit.

• 2Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, thankfully there has been some blowback on the rings discussion in many circles. Thank you, Terry Bradshaw! Trent Dilfer! Thank you, Flacco! Thank you, Ghost of Peyton Manning's skill! We can now look past a team's accomplishment and give guys like Fouts, Marino, and Brees their due credit.

Except Brees has one ring at least?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Warren Moon sets the bar pretty goddamn high for getting into the HoF before you get a Superbowl ring.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They've got that "Future HOF Duel" matchup no matter who wins next week.

I'm hoping for atlanta to take it all because their fanbase is most likely to riot and loot to celebrate the victory.
hqdefault.jpg

I haven't been back home much since I joined the Military but I like to think most Falcon fans are like me. Home Team loyalty. Growing up we had Braves, Hawks, Falcons, Ted Turner, TBS, and CNN (sigh). You root for your home team, and if they aren't doing particularly well, you just change sports. We had to change sports a lot though, especially considering we never really had a lot of success at the highest levels. Hawks had some years in the late 80s. The Braves dominated baseball in the 90s up to the playoffs but never really finished, what 1 world series win. Falcons had some good years in the early 2k with Vick then were shit til the 10s. 2012 was our last good year before this one. Last year we had a soft schedule up front and went 5-0 but we all knew that didn't mean shit.

The whole concept of "bandwagoning" is so fucking foreign to me. Which is why I only post in these threads the years when my team is doing good (so like 2012/13 back on rerolled). Not going to show up and shit talk when my team is shit, not going to hop on some other team's dick and ride or die on it. Not going to show up and expect a pity party cus my team is sucking. If my team isn't in it or it doesn't effect my team, I could give a shit who's playing, I just wanna watch a good game.

people who post every year through thick and thin, I can respect that. When my team is 7-9 or 4-12 and aren't doing shit, I don't have shit to contribute so I don't. But these motherfuckers coming out the woodwork changing teams every other year to whoever is winning can eat a dick. The concept of rooting for a team from a town you've never been to or at least watched growing up is just mind boggling to me.

anyway long story short: Win or lose, Atlanta is the least likely fanbase to riot and loot. We're loyal to our hometown first and team second, and we're used to getting to the big game and coming home empty.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users