NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
View attachment 113104

I haven't been back home much since I joined the Military but I like to think most Falcon fans are like me. Home Team loyalty. Growing up we had Braves, Hawks, Falcons, Ted Turner, TBS, and CNN (sigh). You root for your home team, and if they aren't doing particularly well, you just change sports. We had to change sports a lot though, especially considering we never really had a lot of success at the highest levels. Hawks had some years in the late 80s. The Braves dominated baseball in the 90s up to the playoffs but never really finished, what 1 world series win. Falcons had some good years in the early 2k with Vick then were shit til the 10s. 2012 was our last good year before this one. Last year we had a soft schedule up front and went 5-0 but we all knew that didn't mean shit.

The whole concept of "bandwagoning" is so fucking foreign to me. Which is why I only post in these threads the years when my team is doing good (so like 2012/13 back on rerolled). Not going to show up and shit talk when my team is shit, not going to hop on some other team's dick and ride or die on it. Not going to show up and expect a pity party cus my team is sucking. If my team isn't in it or it doesn't effect my team, I could give a shit who's playing, I just wanna watch a good game.

people who post every year through thick and thin, I can respect that. When my team is 7-9 or 4-12 and aren't doing shit, I don't have shit to contribute so I don't. But these motherfuckers coming out the woodwork changing teams every other year to whoever is winning can eat a dick. The concept of rooting for a team from a town you've never been to or at least watched growing up is just mind boggling to me.

anyway long story short: Win or lose, Atlanta is the least likely fanbase to riot and loot. We're loyal to our hometown first and team second, and we're used to getting to the big game and coming home empty.
It's called front running, it ranks just below bandwagon and two team faggots. Post more, even though I totally intend to shit all over you in the future or try to ban bet you.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Front Running you say?

The art of cheering on your team when they are doing well, and shutting the fuck up and not being an annoying twat when you don't have anything nice to say?

Cool I'm totally a "Front Runner"

pray tell, what is the alternative to this? Other than bandwagoning or two teaming? The years my team goes 4-12 what valuable contributions should I be adding to this discussion? trash talking the patriots and talking about how much dick Tony Romo sucks? Waxing poetic about the glory days? Shooting hopium on the what if's "if we only had X we'd be a contender?" Cool, I guess i'll start "contributing" then

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Front Running you say?

The art of cheering on your team when they are doing well, and shutting the fuck up and not being an annoying twat when you don't have anything nice to say?

Cool I'm totally a "Front Runner"

pray tell, what is the alternative to this? Other than bandwagoning or two teaming? The years my team goes 4-12 what valuable contributions should I be adding to this discussion? trash talking the patriots and talking about how much dick Tony Romo sucks? Cool, I guess i'll start "contributing" then

That's the spirit, so your team has never won a SB or is currently shit doesn't prevent you from mocking others...right Chanur?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
trash talking the patriots and talking about how much dick Tony Romo sucks?

You can talk shit about the rest of the Cowboys too outside of Romo. And you also have their retarded fanbase to provide entertainment.

Try it.

Feels good.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no issue with people following whatever teams they root for more closely during the good times.

I do have an issue with fans switching teams within a sport based upon success. I also have an issue with people talking draft/contract/scouting/free agency of "their" teams only during good times. If anyone wants to discuss longer term shit for whatever team they root for, that is an earned authority that comes with longevity of fandom, and with a requirement that demands you root for said team during the down years.

Ill use myself as an example. I live in Maine, so I call my teams the Red Sox / Patriots / Bruins / Celtics. But i dont really consider myself a baseball or hockey fan. I follow those sports if the teams do well, but I dont get to talk about their farm teams or contract situations three years from now (even if those teams win a championship), I havent earned that right.

I do get to talk about long term shit with the patriots, because I have spent my entire life being their fan , and a fan of the NFL in general. (Entire life = 29 years old. One of my first football memories is listening to my father lose his shit at Bledsoe in the 96 superbowl. I also understand how statistically unlikely it is that any team I root for, for the rest of my life, has anything close to the consistency of this Pats era).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He is a HoF QB but is known for piling up ridiculous stats and certain skills, not for winning the big one.
Comparing Marino and Romo is retarded. That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Honda because neither one is a McLaren. Marino has been to the playoffs 10 times and was someone that was in the discussion for GOAT at one point and still in many people's top 5 for people that care about that kind of shit. Romo probably doesn't even break the top 5 of his own era.

I was comparing Marino to Rodgers, actually. I largely agree with your post though. But Gavin is also absolutely right about Moon. For whatever reason, QBs without a ring or two have a hard time getting the HOF nod. Rivers and Romo are both going to have that knock on them with some folks.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't Atlanta be the place most likely to riot? It has definitely has the most black people of the remaining 4.

And Marino and Rodgers are very comparable, just Rodgers is a lot more mobile and has a ring on his resume.

Sterling

El Presidente
I was comparing Marino to Rodgers, actually. I largely agree with your post though. But Gavin is also absolutely right about Moon. For whatever reason, QBs without a ring or two have a hard time getting the HOF nod. Rivers and Romo are both going to have that knock on them with some folks.
Oh, that's certainly more reasonable, but I don't think either of them is borderline. I don't think Rivers or Romo are likely going to make the HoF.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
G.O.A.T.
C2L1eeTVEAEIrcp.jpg

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That nice piece of Boston masturbatory material is obviously not correct. Greenbay alone has 32 playoff wins and I am fairly certain a number of other teams on there have more as well, or the G-Men with 24. Hilariously, the Vikings have more all time losses than Brady has wins, with 28. Incidentally, the Steelers have the most all time playoff wins with 36.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wouldn't Atlanta be the place most likely to riot? It has definitely has the most black people of the remaining 4.

And Marino and Rodgers are very comparable, just Rodgers is a lot more mobile and has a ring on his resume.

If past experience is any indicator, Falcons fans are actually fairly reasonable. Its the Saints fans that are obnoxious in that corner of the country. The discourse with Falcons fans has been downright cordial this week on the Packer boards, in stark contrast to what it was like before all the Dallas homers vanished from the internet. Really looking forward to the NFC Championship game, win or lose.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
There will not be any riots in Atlanta if we were to win the Super Bowl. This town just isn't like that. We have so many transplant fans of other teams we can barely fill our own stadium. Watch this game there will be a huge maybe 30%-40% packer showing.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That nice piece of Boston masturbatory material is obviously not correct. Greenbay alone has 32 playoff wins and I am fairly certain a number of other teams on there have more as well, or the G-Men with 24. Hilariously, the Vikings have more all time losses than Brady has wins, with 28. Incidentally, the Steelers have the most all time playoff wins with 36.
Most likely mean Tom Brady has more playoff wins than those since he won the starting job?

Idk. Who cares. Rodgers is better.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
anyway long story short: Win or lose, Atlanta is the least likely fanbase to riot and loot. We're loyal to our hometown first and team second, and we're used to getting to the big game and coming home empty.

Who is more likely then? Pittsburgh maybe? No way Green bay would, and while massatwoshits might be full of assholes, if they were going to riot, they'd have been doing it a lot in the past decade. We're just going to have to agree that you're wrong bro.

I'll point out that I'm not predicting a riot, just saying they are most likely. The only city, in fact, where it's a possibility.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Steelers fans don't riot either, but they do put burning crosses on the lawns of black players that they don't like.

Though to be fair, GB people did poison Tony Mandritch's dog when he laid down on his contract back in the day....

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ill use myself as an example. I live in Maine, so I call my teams the Red Sox / Patriots / Bruins / Celtics. But i dont really consider myself a baseball or hockey fan. I follow those sports if the teams do well, but I dont get to talk about their farm teams or contract situations three years from now (even if those teams win a championship), I havent earned that right.

What's this faggotry? It's sports, talk whatever the fuck you want. Jesus, are you at the gay bar like this while your bros talk hockey?

giphy.gif

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I sort of get it but a super bowl run in a lot of cases requires so many things to break right for a team getting there and winning it is hard especially the way the league is setup now you just don't get the dynasties you once did.

I would love for rodgers to get another ring but frankly with how decimated our secondary is I am just shocked we managed to get into the championship game. Its basically rodgers scoring 30+ points in our last 5-6 games that has kept us in it. It has been a pretty strong MVP style second half of the season for him this year. And who knows our last superbowl win was on a year that was pretty shaky until we got hot at the end of the year.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Steelers fans don't riot either, but they do put burning crosses on the lawns of black players that they don't like.

Though to be fair, GB people did poison Tony Mandritch's dog when he laid down on his contract back in the day....

There are always some evil derps around but I remember back in the 80s when we were happy to win a couple games a year as long as one of them was vs the bears. Even then we had our stadium sold out constantly. As a city thats stadium seats about 2/3 the entire population of the city proper and is sold out for the next 20 or so years even though a lot of the season viewing at the stadium is really cold and manage to do well enough to be competitive with franchises from markets 10 times our size says good things about our fan base.

If you ever want to see loyalty though check out pictures of green bay if they show them during the game this weekend. There will be basically nobody driving around or moving around during the game. My office closed down for one superbowl simply because we knew there would not be any customers that afternoon.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most likely mean Tom Brady has more playoff wins than those since he won the starting job?

That's not it either, or the Niners would be on the chart.

It looks more like just some more dumb internet shit.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'd assume its superbowl era. Theres no way any team is close to 23 since 2001.