NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think after this season its obvious that Eli Manning will never be in the Hall of Fame unless he his visiting his brothers display. Also, the Odell Beckham Jr. show has officially jumped the shark, not a top 5 WR.

Despite him having won the superbowl a few times eli never really screamed great quarter back to me. He just seemed competent enough to let his other weapons do their job correctly.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite him having won the superbowl a few times eli never really screamed great quarter back to me. He just seemed competent enough to let his other weapons do their job correctly.
As someone who's watched every game Eli has ever played, when he's at his best he's probably top 5-8 of the current era (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers all have seats at that table ahead of Eli. He's in that next tier with fellow draftmates Big Ben and Felipe Rivers). I've seen him make passes, reads, etc. that are out of this world. 2010 and 2013 were outliers and the high # of interceptions genuinely wasn't on him. I have nightmares of the 2010 season when ball after ball would bounce from the receivers hands into a ten second freefall for the defender to catch with his butthole. It was utterly fucking ridiculous to watch. 2013 was a disaster as well, but more for defensive reasons and lack of talent (Nicks getting injured in week 2 pretty much cut his career short and it all went downhill from there). I think most of the flack he receives is from the 2004-2007 era when Tiki and Shockey and Burress were all down his throat. Once they left, Eli really came into his own as a leader and a QB.

But at his worst, it makes me wonder how Eli can even drive to work. This happens particularly against the Eagles and for whatever fucking reason the Vikings.

He's not as bad as the rest of the NFL believes him to be, and he's not the savior a lot of Giants fans want to prop him up to be. 2007 he was a gamemanager, 2011 he pretty much willed that team to a Super Bowl birth and win (although they showed up big time against the Pats).

The QB rating stat really tells the tale for me, as he went from a mid 70s passer rating to low to mid 90s rating. That's about where I'd rate Eli.

Most people seem to think he's carried by strong defenses and a strong running game, but we haven't had either of those (outside of the 2016 defense) since 2008 when our running game was the best in the league. It's been all Eli with a lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think most people see Eli capable of playing great, but with periods of extreme derpyness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd assume its superbowl era. Theres no way any team is close to 23 since 2001.

Pats fans mostly (not all) like to pretend nothing happened prior to Brady the same way Germans like to pretend there was no history prior to 1946.

Fact is if Desmond Howard had not happened, Bledsoe and Tuna would have had a ring in 96 with the Pats.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think most people see Eli capable of playing great, but with periods of extreme derpyness.
This could be the perceived notion, but I hang out with a lot of Jets fan (ugh) and Pats fans (ughhh) who seem to think Eli is a horrible QB who lucked into 2 SBs.

He's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good.

I guess a lot of pundits shit on him as well, could be where my perception is coming from.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eli is hot and cold. When hot playoff run Eli shows up, he is ridiculously good. When Derp Manning shows up, he makes Cutler's contract seem reasonable. The real issue with the G-Men is that Coughling got too old to maintain discipline in the tough media market of NY. That and the general uptick in drama that has come with OBJ.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eli is hot and cold. When hot playoff run Eli shows up, he is ridiculously good. When Derp Manning shows up, he makes Cutler's contract seem reasonable. The real issue with the G-Men is that Coughling got too old to maintain discipline in the tough media market of NY. That and the general uptick in drama that has come with OBJ.
The problem with the Giants is we haven't drafted well outside of our top round picks. OBJ, Collins, Apple and Shep. We don't have any draft picks from the 3rd round down dating back to 2007 who have produced at an even average level. We have 7 picks in the last 10 years that could be called key pieces to the roster: Pugh, Hankins, OBJ, Richburg, Collins, Apple, Shepard. Ereck Flowers is a piece of shit.

Quickly thinking about the Falcons, I can name about 13 players contributing dating back to Matt Ryan's draft (I only include him because obviously he's the first name I think of).

I don't know what the norm would be across the league (I'm sure if I googled it it wouldn't take long) but the FO has done a poor job evaluating talent through the draft. The defense improved because of 3 big signings in the offseason.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Pats fans mostly (not all) like to pretend nothing happened prior to Brady the same way Germans like to pretend there was no history prior to 1946.

Fact is if Desmond Howard had not happened, Bledsoe and Tuna would have had a ring in 96 with the Pats.

Phantom roughing the passer against Oakland cost them another Super Bowl. Let's not pretend like you know anything about Pats fans.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Itlan Itlan The Packers sort of have a similar issue. Going back to Rodgers, its basically Nelson, Cobb, and some of the O-Line that even existed on this team six years ago. Mathews is literally the only defense player who has been here that long. At least the Giants dip into free agency to plug holes. Its a miracle we were able to get Cook and Peppers in here with the way Ted Thompson is allergic to spending money. But we do dump people instantly if they are a drama problem. Sitton was all pro last year and he got dealt to the Bears for talking shit, so at least we don't have that sort of cancerous behavior in our locker room.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Itlan Itlan The Packers sort of have a similar issue. Going back to Rodgers, its basically Nelson, Cobb, and some of the O-Line that even existed on this team six years ago. Mathews is literally the only defense player who has been here that long. At least the Giants dip into free agency to plug holes. Its a miracle we were able to get Cook and Peppers in here with the way Ted Thompson is allergic to spending money. But we do dump people instantly if they are a drama problem. Sitton was all pro last year and he got dealt to the Bears for talking shit, so at least we don't have that sort of cancerous behavior in our locker room.
Which is why I will always say Rodgers does more with less than any other QB in the league. Including Brady.

His FO and head coach have failed him endlessly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's the spirit, so your team has never won a SB or is currently shit doesn't prevent you from mocking others...right Chanur?

Just because I didn't latch onto a team that was winning like some people did, doesn't mean I won't be making fun of teams that choke in the playoffs such as all Texas teams.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is pretty cool btw.

I'd like to see Martz get another chance as an OC somewhere -- he was definitely the mad genius and that offense was way ahead of its time....basically what the Steelers run now with how the backs are used....but probably a lot more complex.

I picture the Rob Boras offense with a bunch of different colored crayons like it was drawn by a 5 yr old

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't Atlanta be the place most likely to riot? It has definitely has the most black people of the remaining 4.
Yeah Atlanta has more black people. The South in general has more black people. In fact we have most of the black people. And Atlanta is basically the capital of the "South," (which is really, the South East US); So Atlanta is like the Capital of Black People.

You can tell this is a factor in the likelihood of rioting due to sporting events by the number of BLM protests, marches, police ambushes, officer slayings and riots that have occurred throughout the South for the last 2 years since that became a thing. Yeah, that's right, all 0 of them.

Who is more likely then? Pittsburgh maybe? No way Green bay would, and while massatwoshits might be full of assholes, if they were going to riot, they'd have been doing it a lot in the past decade. We're just going to have to agree that you're wrong bro.

I'll point out that I'm not predicting a riot, just saying they are most likely. The only city, in fact, where it's a possibility.
23865366.jpg

Every other city including Boston is more likely to riot than Atlanta, and as you say Boston has had every opportunity to riot over the Brady era and haven't done so, so the likelihood of riots there are effectively 0. I'd put Pittsburgh head and shoulders above all else, followed by the cheeseheads, followed by boston (which we know to be 0% chance), followed by Atlanta.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black people in Atlanta only care when its Michael Vick. Atlanta is just a shit sports city, period. I lived there 10+ years, its as fairweather as it gets like above poster.

And yea Pittsburgh....how about no. They have had the entire spectrum of winning SBs, heartbreaks in the AFC ccg multiple times etc but know theyre going to likely have a good team the next year so they kind of let it roll off. There are the idiots that listen to Mark Madden but every franchise has those.

But yea, dont remember riots in any of those situations.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of rioting in shitty cities........a Baltimore fan just showed up...

• 1Salty