NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Fun fact: Jake Delhomme is the best QB Brady has ever played against, slightly ahead of Donovan McNabb. Both of whom were first ballot hall of famers.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe we need a thread for avatar bet drama, or to just do away with them. This thread gets hijacked for days at a time over this ridiculous nonsense. The idea is kind of fun but the fact that grown men are arguing for days and bringing in outside adjudication over the little picture next to their username is so god damn stupid it makes me question whether I even want to associate with this community.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
actually there HAS been a patriots blowout in the super bowl....VS Da Bears (patriots LOST).. (first one in 85) i watched that debacle....

Not one SB that brady started has been determined by more than 4 points (win or loss) as i stated before. Pats By 20 i would pick atlanta just due to the spread(if it was 20, it's 3) with a spread of 3- i'm picking the patriots due to the fact that i think they will win (i think i had it at 12pts but i am being wildly optimistic)

Now WTF is this shit about boston area being racist? sure it was worse about 60 years ago, but now, it is no more racist than any other major city in the country. as to the N word claims by espn persons, sorry not one WHITE person i know says that word anymore-except for one or two but those guys are 80+ yrs old, a lot of BLACK people i know do say that word, always bothered me, if that word is so bad, why do a significant portion of the people it is referencing(ie black people), still call themselves/each other that. only way to eliminate the slur is to...you know... stop saying the word. but that is another discussion all together..

I've been thinking of my SB party planning and i have hit a quandry....
i only have the grill i use for smoking, but the wife wants wings & ribs, and i want to do pulled pork, i could do the pulled pork the day before (or overnight - start it @ like 11pm and it'll be done by noon) but that would mean i could do smoked wings OR the ribs, not enough room to do both since both take ~4hrs

i am thinking of buying an actual cabinet smoker this week so that i can do ALL of it at the same time.

menu-

Salad
Potato Skins
buffalo chicken dip
salsa/nachos/chips/dip
smoked wings
bacon wrapped lil smokies (you know the little bite size hilshire farms mini smoked sausages) take a lb of bacon, the strips in half- roll said half strip bacon around lil smokie- put in pan... sprinkle brown sugar on top, cook for ~30 minutes or until bacon is done@350 degree oven
baby back ribs (4 slabs) with my bacon molassus(spelling) bbq sauce
pulled pork with the above bbq sauce or a northern carolina vinegar sauce i make....
dessert
ice cream for the kids and
either or both a rum cake or a baileys irish cream white chocolate cheesecake.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
i could do smoked wings OR the ribs, not enough room to do both since both take ~4hrs

You can smoke your ribs ahead of time too, then just reheat them in the oven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
true i could do that.. hrmm.... finish the ribs- then wrap in 2 layers foil and put into a heavy duty cooler with a hot pack.... ya that could work.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i got 3 near me, which one

saugus revere or danvers (danvers and saugus are almost equidistant from where i live)

i like land & sea or supremes a bit better...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i actually like the more rural areas in the state. salem is ok, if i had a choice i'd live somewhere a bit less crowded than my area..but my wife works ~15 minutes (barring traffic) from where we live, and i am 5 minutes (without traffic) from where i work...soooo. i'd love to get a place around the finger lakes in NY or a place in rural Penn... those are beautiful areas(to retire not work that is).

now back to the superbowl......

Last edited:

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I'm doing sliders for the SB this year. Buffalo chicken, mini burgers, and hot pastrami. It's going to be the first time in many years when I haven't made wings so I hope people aren't disappointed, but I figure that the buffalo chicken sliders are pretty similar.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I live in New Bedford which is right near Fall River. There was another Fall River guy on here though forgot his name.