NHL 2016-17 Season

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit was dirty. Not sure about a suspension, but a fine would be totally justified.

Here's the blatant dicksticking to save people clicks, something Merrith is unconcerned with apparently!!!

Also, as is tradition, the Penguins are getting fucked hardest by injuries of any contenders. With only Buffalo losing more important ice time. Caps have been the luckiest team in the league in this department. Team of destiny!?

Eh. I don't think it's even worth a fine to be honest. While I think guys like the espn analysts overstate how regular an occurrence stuff like that is, it's not exactly rare, either. Should have been a 2 minute call, tops. I find equal amusement in Buffalo fans freaking out about how he should be suspended for it and Pens fans pretending like it's so out of character for him.

Also I figured if we were going to link anything to just look at the goal, that is worth watching over and over.

Can't believe how many guys you have go down every year. Of course, it always seems to happen around trade deadline day which lets you put guys on LTIR, allowing you to go over the cap if you added someone at the trade deadline, meanwhile guys get healthy just in time for the playoffs where there is no salary cap...almost like it was all planned out. But you guys didn't really add anyone (or at least, not their salary) at the deadline. I'm assuming you'll get some guys back, but whoever ends up having to play Columbus in R1 is going to get banged up pretty well (unless Cbus manages to get the top seed), and could fuck them over for R2 match up.

I will say we're pretty lucky health wise right now. Suspicions that a few guys are playing through stuff (Ovie/Alzner/Orpik/etc), but we just got back Burakovsky after he missed 15 or 16 games with a broken hand, and are essentially at 100% health, at least as far as nobody missing games. Team of destiny though? Shiiiiiiiiiiit. You know what our destiny has been like before. I believe they can do it this year like I do every other year...but have yet to see it happen.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those numbers of important minutes lost aren't for short term stuff you whackjob conspiracy theorist. They are inflated by Mr. Letang again though.

I do love the train of thought. Pens are faking injuries to cheat! Caps are playing through injuries because they're special unicorns!!!!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sid strikes again. Whats the ratio of pens minutes lost vs. minutes sid inflicts on other teams, grimm?? Corsi???

He's certainly carrying the team in scumbaggery lately, I understand letang but hornqvist needs to step his shit up.

Merrith

Those numbers of important minutes lost aren't for short term stuff you whackjob conspiracy theorist. They are inflated by Mr. Letang again though.

I do love the train of thought. Pens are faking injuries to cheat! Caps are playing through injuries because they're special unicorns!!!!

I didn't say playing through "injuries". We all know guys play through things that are minor all the time and we just say the guy is playing "banged up". We've been lucky as hell to avoid the bad stuff this year outside of Oshie missing some games, and Burakovsky's hand thing (although even that, not that you want anyone to break their hand, but they can still get in skating work and not need to worry as much about conditioning when coming back).

Certain players are dumb and play through legit injuries for whatever silly reason. Alzner for his consecutive games streak (don't mind him for this playoff run, but he's UFA in the offseason and will happily watch someone pay him way too much money) is the major one from us that comes to mind. Dumbass literally gave an interview recently where he said his wife had to open all the jars in the house now because he's broken his hands so much blocking shots. Not the thing I'd mention in a contract year. Would bet money he gets way too much money and term this offseason from a Canadian team.

Stoic, damn man saw the video of the Methot fingertip hanging by a thread. Nasty. Hornqvist still has Sid by leagues and miles in the piece of shit category, though.

Felt like we were playing Halak again tonight for a large part of the game. Glad we have Oshie for the shootout.

Merrith

NHL can suck a bag of dicks for saying no the Olympics. In the end, despite complaints, it's all on the owners being shitty. Hope the league doesn't try to pull any bullshit to prevent Leonsis from letting Ovechkin go play.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I believe the Caps are 1 win (or maybe OTL) away from clinching another President's Trophy. Hopefully that works out better this year in the playoffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers roster will be taking the night off, much like the past 5 or so games, so I would say Caps getting the presidents trophy is a foregone conclusion at this point. If we can get out of tonight without any injuries I will be happy, but i'm sure the usual suspects will be skating around trying to murder us like we fucked their prom dates.

Not really liking our chances against the habs as much as I was a few weeks ago. One home win in the past 10 games is embarrasing. Best road record in the league, but the bell center has always been a house of horrors for us. Still beats playing in the metro, but barely.

Merrith

Rangers roster will be taking the night off, much like the past 5 or so games, so I would say Caps getting the presidents trophy is a foregone conclusion at this point. If we can get out of tonight without any injuries I will be happy, but i'm sure the usual suspects will be skating around trying to murder us like we fucked their prom dates.

Not really liking our chances against the habs as much as I was a few weeks ago. One home win in the past 10 games is embarrasing. Best road record in the league, but the bell center has always been a house of horrors for us. Still beats playing in the metro, but barely.

Kreider probably got several lessons in legal hitting last night. I think it's funny you guys have to play Montreal where their media will constantly bring up his running of goalies while they fail to project their force field around national treasure Carey Price.

Caps didn't look like they gave a shit through the first 20 minutes, although we had played the night before. Ho hum game, kind of boring given the lack of drama. I expect both of our games will look even more like that over the weekend. I assume (read: hope) we'll give some guys a game or two off for rest.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Kreider isn't a dirty player.... AV turned this team into a bunch of soft mary's. There is literally only one Ranger forward that finishes their checks and he is the 13th man.

I obviously get the habs rage towards Kreider. He will never live that shit down nor should he. IN MONTREAL. Dude was a rookie power forward who skates super fast, trying to make a difference but went too hard to the net and lost an edge. Anyone else trying to claim he is dirty is just spouting the same narrative without any other real knowledge on the player.

In 322 games his PIM is 282, in 311 games Tom Wilson has 613...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of running goalies.... Sestito says "hey".

Great to have a slicin' n' dicin' captain that leads by example! Too bad all the nhl wants to talk about is all that wacky locker room hijinx them penguins been up to! Sweet Malkin prankz dudes. Hope Anderson is okay, gonna be pushing for the leafs if they make it. Meanwhile Sestito was likely just in to rest other players so the dops can safely discipline him without really hampering their beloved team. Which they probably will just so they can be all "see, we don't play favorites!"

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I grew up in LA & really had no interest in Hockey until we got Gretzky in 1988, I was in 7th Grade. LA went nutz with the trade & I suddenly knew every player on the team, McSorley was my favorite. I moved to Seattle in 1994 & slowly my interest in Hockey faded...until now. Next year my favorite city in America (my home for 10 years & where both my boys were born) will be getting an expansion team & I am all in. I just ordered some hats & jerseys for my kids this morning.

So why am I posting this now? There is no good reason at all other than to make my declaration & to apologize for stupid noob questions I ask next year during the season. Go Golden Knights!!! (Oh yeah, that part is funny too because my HS mascot was the Golden Knights as well)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Kreider isn't a dirty player.... AV turned this team into a bunch of soft mary's. There is literally only one Ranger forward that finishes their checks and he is the 13th man.

I obviously get the habs rage towards Kreider. He will never live that shit down nor should he. IN MONTREAL. Dude was a rookie power forward who skates super fast, trying to make a difference but went too hard to the net and lost an edge. Anyone else trying to claim he is dirty is just spouting the same narrative without any other real knowledge on the player.

In 322 games his PIM is 282, in 311 games Tom Wilson has 613...

Wilson also has his narrative rep that the refs have reffed to. He hits a lot more than Kreider, and ~200 of those PIMs are from extra fighting majors Wilson has that Kreider does not.

Any claim that Kreider isn't the most likely guy on the ice in any game he's involved in to run the opposing goalie is pretty laughable. I don't view him as a guy to land dirty hits in open ice or along the boards, he's also not a stick work guy like Marchand or Sid is. Opposing goalies just all know to watch out for Kreider. His thing is just running goalies.

Merrith

Speaking of running goalies.... Sestito says "hey".

Great to have a slicin' n' dicin' captain that leads by example! Too bad all the nhl wants to talk about is all that wacky locker room hijinx them penguins been up to! Sweet Malkin prankz dudes. Hope Anderson is okay, gonna be pushing for the leafs if they make it. Meanwhile Sestito was likely just in to rest other players so the dops can safely discipline him without really hampering their beloved team. Which they probably will just so they can be all "see, we don't play favorites!"

That was so bad last night. One Toronto blog site had a view of it where he literally jumped sideways on his own to make sure he contacted Anderson.

Merrith

Fuckin Pens couldn't hook the Lightning up. Hope they lose in the first round.

Eh, if it wasn't the Pens, it would have been Columbus resting guys against Toronto today. Or the Isles just winning too.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kings stank it up for most of this season, but thank you Bob Miller for a legendary career. He even let me yammer on about how much I loved him when I met him during the Kings first Cup run without making fun of me. A true gentleman.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kings cleaned house tonight, Lombardi and Sutter gone. Apparently they aren't going to stand for the crap I put up with for my first 36 years as a Kings fan. Lucky promoted to president, Blake on board too. Kinda like it but I love what Lombardi and Sutter did for my team the last bunch of years.

• 1Like

Merrith

Kings cleaned house tonight, Lombardi and Sutter gone. Apparently they aren't going to stand for the crap I put up with for my first 36 years as a Kings fan. Lucky promoted to president, Blake on board too. Kinda like it but I love what Lombardi and Sutter did for my team the last bunch of years.

Definitely doesn't erase what they managed to accomplish. 2 Cups in 3 years is pretty remarkable. Will be interesting to see who they hire as coach and how the new structure works going forward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users