NHL 2016-17 Season

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeeeeah, flying under the radar! That's what Lundqvist and co. are doing! They are totally saving it for the playoffs, I swear!!

Seriously though, i'll be rooting for that first WC spot again. No way do I trust ny's defense to win 4 against any of the teams currently seeded in the Metro bracket. Let them fucks murder each other tbh.

I honestly think 1st WC spot won't be as beneficial as you think. Montreal wouldn't be that fun to play.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Meh, we have matched up pretty well against them so far this season. Can't really compare them to any of the seeded Metro teams and that includes Philly if Mason decides to show up. Besides, if our biggest obstacle is Price we always have Kreider....

Honestly, I would be more concerned with Toronto in the second round. Their speedy rookies make mincemeat out of our geriatric looking D. All just fun speculation anyway, gonna take a miracle to even get a whiff of the cup the way we have been playing.

Speaking of speedy rookies, NHL sure didn't miss any opportunities putting Mathews against Crosby in the skill competition tonight. Should be fun watching the kids go at it, especially during the 3v3s tm.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
785d84ec-f966-4a01-a71c-aa679fe41333.jpg

Merrith

So...yeah. Caps on insane roll. Hope bye week doesn't fuck up the chemistry. Rangers looking pretty good right now too. 2-4th in the Metro all 75 points atm. Going to be a really interesting race for home ice in Round 1, or someone trying to lock in that #4 spot to swap over to play Montreal or whoever.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like I've seen this show before. Several times. Caps get hot from January to March to win the President's Cup and then have an early exit from the playoffs.

I really fucking hope this is the year they get it together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haka

N00b
Habs fire Therrein, hire Julien. Huge upgrade in my opinion. Luckily Price had an awful stretch to "excuse" away dumping Therrein who should have been let go long ago (before they ran Subban out of town).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm happy to see Therrien go, never really liked him. While I think Julien is a better coach, I don't like him either.

They're too similar, very defensive minded boring style of hockey. At least Julien has won. :)

Merrith

I feel like I've seen this show before. Several times. Caps get hot from January to March to win the President's Cup and then have an early exit from the playoffs.

I really fucking hope this is the year they get it together.

You've never seen the Caps actually be this deep of a team. No more concerns about the bottom 6. Only real roster concern I have this year is lack of true 1D. But as long as they put the right pairings out there, should be ready to roll. Might not win, but won't be because the roster isn't good enough.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've never seen the Caps actually be this deep of a team. No more concerns about the bottom 6. Only real roster concern I have this year is lack of true 1D. But as long as they put the right pairings out there, should be ready to roll. Might not win, but won't be because the roster isn't good enough.

Adding shattenkirk is a nice plus at a solid price. Guessing the caps hope he re signs if they win instead of bolting to ny.

Merrith

Adding shattenkirk is a nice plus at a solid price. Guessing the caps hope he re signs if they win instead of bolting to ny.

Amazing at that price. Actually I don't think we're expecting him to re sign at all. Conditional pick apparently requires him to re-sign, or for us to advance past 2nd round with Shatty playing in at least 50% of our playoff games in first 2 rounds. Also apparently if we trade his rights before FA starts, Blues get our next 7th round pick or a pick 2 rounds lower than whatever we get for his rights (example if we traded his rights for a 3rd, they'd get our next 5th round pick).

Funniest part of the deal is getting Copley back. GMBM said he wanted a 3rd string goalie, and we get the guy that we sent with Brouwer and a 3rd for TJ Oshie back. Basically gave up Brouwer, a 1st, and a bag of peanuts for TJ Oshie and Shattenkirk.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Crazy good deal for the Caps. They wanted Buchnevich or Skjei (our two best rookies) plus a prospect PLUS a first rounder from NY. Sending him to Wsh almost seems like a spite move at that price. Gonna be fucking brutal seeing Shatty feed Ovi on that PP tonight =(

Better with Caps than the Pens, but fucking hell... don't go winning the cup and convincing him to stay. We need that RD sooo bad.

Haka

N00b
Sad to see Burrows and Hansen go as they were amazing Canucks, but glad to see Jimbo finally make a move, realizing the Canucks are bad and should be sellers.

Don't know much about Goldobin but he has decent AHL stats.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Goldy is a beast in the AHL but he's been shown to have serious defensive issues when called up. He's also lacking in physicality. If you guys want a guy with a lot of finesse, who's got a huge offensive ceiling then he has a chance of being that in the future. This was a buy-in move for the Sharks. Plus, if we don't win the cup, we only have to give up a fourth-rounder.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Longtime Hall of Fame voice of the Kings Bob Miller announced his retirement today. Its been a mixed bag for the last 4 years for him...finally got to call 2 Stanley Cup wins but his health has quickly deteriorated in his late 70's. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to not only meet him a few times but tell him what he meant to me as a lifetime Kings fan (well, since me first game in 1977 with my Dad). A hockey legend and a really nice person.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Caps doing their best flyers impersonation tonight. I see Colin Wilson is still human garbage!

Tom Wilson. And if you mean clean, hard hits, then yeah. Sorry I've been away awhile Stoic, but Rangers fans whining about that game was epic. Little pussies take a couple of hits and cry anything done to them is illegal, meanwhile the usual 2 to 1 PP chances for Rags was in full effect. Holtby gets run over to no call in the 3rd, etc. Usual stuff to expect against the Rags, though.

Merrith

So not looking forward to this California road trip the Caps have this weekend. We always play like shit out there.