NHL 2016-17 Season

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Tom Wilson. And if you mean clean, hard hits, then yeah. Sorry I've been away awhile Stoic, but Rangers fans whining about that game was epic. Little pussies take a couple of hits and cry anything done to them is illegal, meanwhile the usual 2 to 1 PP chances for Rags was in full effect. Holtby gets run over to no call in the 3rd, etc. Usual stuff to expect against the Rags, though.

Heh, was wondering how I got away with that post... hits were borderline clean but as far as TOM Wilson goes, anytime I watch him play he is out to hurt people. He's garbage. Barely remember that game by now, but I specifically remember him charging Skjei at full speed behind the Rangers net while his back was turned and on his knees. Totally unnesessary. Ovie leaves his feet skating at full speed to check poor little Jesper Fast late in the third, despite the fact the game was already won (still injured)... Just plain bullying but whatevs, that's how a team SHOULD play the Rangers because AV likes to turn teams into skating marshmellows.

As far as the PP goes, every broadcast is biased and I don't really remember how they stacked up. Refs DID however overturn that goal which is what destroyed Rangers momentum so I wouldn't go standing on that particular soapbox.

Just a frustrating game, but the better team won.

Fadaar

That guy
Lightning lose 3 starting forwards and win the next game. I can't figure this fucking team out but I'm loving the push they're on right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heh, was wondering how I got away with that post... hits were borderline clean but as far as TOM Wilson goes, anytime I watch him play he is out to hurt people. He's garbage. Barely remember that game by now, but I specifically remember him charging Skjei at full speed behind the Rangers net while his back was turned and on his knees. Totally unnesessary. Ovie leaves his feet skating at full speed to check poor little Jesper Fast late in the third, despite the fact the game was already won (still injured)... Just plain bullying but whatevs, that's how a team SHOULD play the Rangers because AV likes to turn teams into skating marshmellows.

As far as the PP goes, every broadcast is biased and I don't really remember how they stacked up. Refs DID however overturn that goal which is what destroyed Rangers momentum so I wouldn't go standing on that particular soapbox.

Just a frustrating game, but the better team won.

The Wilson shit just needs to die. It's literally opposing fans regurgitating a narrative at this point. He's out to make hard, clean hits. He crosses the line sometimes, but he's not out trying to injure people. Dude has never been suspended, people just salty Caps actually have a banger now that gets under people's skin. His PIM's are easily lowest of his career by a large margin, and his offensive game has seen a gradual uptick each year, and he's not doing horribly despite playing on the 4th line this year. Also has turned into one of our best PKers. He literally 2x better about his hitting and picking his spots as he was in the past, and he still never was as bad as people cry about. It's a joke at this point. "Ovie left his feet"...like half the other big hitters int he league, when it happens after contact it's not a penalty. Sucks Fast got hurt on the hit, but it wasn't even a big hit, just looked like his shoulder went into the boards at an awkward spot. I thought collarbone when I first saw it. But I guess it turned out to be a separated shoulder?

I don't know man, you hit blogs like Blueshirt Banter and it's laughable every time they play the Caps talking about how many missed calls go against them, while PP's for the game are 4-1 in Rags favor until late in the 3rd while I watch Orlov get textbook tripped right in front of the official carrying the puck into the offensive zone, and Holtby get run over by Zucc to zero call whatsoever. Most of us Caps fans just accept this sort of thing is going to happen playing Rags/Pens, as that one graphic someone linked last year showing which teams got the greatest penalty differential come crunch time of the season made very clear.

Merrith

So not looking forward to this California road trip the Caps have this weekend. We always play like shit out there.

btw, nailed it. Back to back 4-2 losses already. Not that we've played horrible or anything, the Cali road trips are just never kind for us.

Merrith

You mean you jinxed it. Asshole. Way to go!

Bah. Cali road trips only go one way for the Caps. Shit if we ever came out of those 3 games with 5 or 6 points I'd be worried something really weird was going to happen.

Haka

N00b
That's pretty sick.

Have to say I'm cheering for Crosby to sweep both the Richard and Art Ross.

• 1Salty

Merrith

Sid is still good at hockey.

Also this happened today...

Was a nice goal. Reminded me of Carlson's whack out of mid air last night for us. Also I was more whining about Rags fans whining about calls. We'll just get whatever we get and hope our PP doesn't go missing in the playoffs. Starting to look pretty good with Shattenkirk on it.

Nick Backstrom for Art Ross. Because somehow that's the only way he'll get noticed for the Selke. Which is the dumbest thing ever.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Would be glorious if CBJ can take the east so caps/pens play in the first round.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Would be glorious if CBJ can take the east so caps/pens play in the first round.

Pretty crazy when you think about the fact that 4 of the top 5 teams in the league are in the Metro (and 1-3). By definition at least one of the top 3 teams in the league will lose in the 1st round, and another would be eliminated in 2nd round. I love the division playoffs for the rivalries it continues/builds, but man do other teams this year get a free ride in the playoffs by comparison. Rags 5th best team in the league and stuck being a wild card...and getting to swap divisions. It's crazy.

Merrith

Toronto with a big win tonight, and Edmonton looks well on their way to one as well. Gotta be honest will be pretty cool if Matthews and McDavid are both in the playoffs.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Pretty sick goal by Sid last night (yes, the defense and goaltending was...something, but to get that much force and lift one-handed on the backhand is just downright impressive). Just slightly more impressive than going undetected with that nut shot to ROR. People asking for a suspension from that are just being silly, but it would be nice if Sid actually got called for it, and media made a note that it's completely in character from him.

Meanwhile Gravel, no worries. Back from the nightmare lands of California, Caps are 3-0-1 since returning. TJ Oshie is going to get paid by someone this offseason. I say someone because his price tag is getting to the point where I hope it's not us.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Almost two whole sentences without whining about calls. Impressive.

In case someone wants to see the play without the tears.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sick goal by Sid last night (yes, the defense and goaltending was...something, but to get that much force and lift one-handed on the backhand is just downright impressive). Just slightly more impressive than going undetected with that nut shot to ROR. People asking for a suspension from that are just being silly, but it would be nice if Sid actually got called for it, and media made a note that it's completely in character from him.

Meanwhile Gravel, no worries. Back from the nightmare lands of California, Caps are 3-0-1 since returning. TJ Oshie is going to get paid by someone this offseason. I say someone because his price tag is getting to the point where I hope it's not us.
You got lucky.

Merrith

I notice you missed me defending any need to suspend Sid over it Grimm, never change bro! It was a sick goal.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I notice you missed me defending any need to suspend Sid over it Grimm, never change bro! It was a sick goal.

Shit was dirty. Not sure about a suspension, but a fine would be totally justified.

Here's the blatant dicksticking to save people clicks, something Merrith is unconcerned with apparently!!!

Also, as is tradition, the Penguins are getting fucked hardest by injuries of any contenders. With only Buffalo losing more important ice time. Caps have been the luckiest team in the league in this department. Team of destiny!?

• 1Like