Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
this is the switch voice chat solution

k4LMP9P.png

d6a0t9J.jpg

You will need to buy an adapter I guess. Oh, also iphone 7s and higher now no longer come with a headphone jack, but I'm sure nintendo switch owners are not the kind of people who love buying cutting edge tech, right?

"Everyone loves the convenience® the Nintendo Switch® brings to the table."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hahahaha that's fantastic.

What a cluster fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To be fair that is from Hori not Nintendo, but it seems very unlikely that Nintendo didn't sign off of the design.

I just don't know how Nintendo is going to not do something similar. The switch does not have Bluetooth audio.

Barring some last minute change that adds chat to the console itself (I don't know why they wouldn't be able to, should just be software right?), online chat is going to be a nightmare.

I personally don't care all that much just because there hasn't been a Nintendo game in recent memory that I would want to have chat for online play, but that doesn't make it any less of a retarded decision by them

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure it doesn't have Bluetooth? I thought I saw an adapter for it or something on Amazon.

That Hori setup looks shitty though. But I wasn't planning on stopping using Discord for PC/PS4/Switch no matter what their solution ended up being.

The only game I can see even needing voice chat on Nintendo is Monster Hunter, although generally the text commands are enough on 3DS. Both the Wii and Wii U MH games had in-game built in voice chat and it was pretty useful.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Are you sure it doesn't have Bluetooth? I thought I saw an adapter for it or something on Amazon.

That Hori setup looks shitty though. But I wasn't planning on stopping using Discord for PC/PS4/Switch no matter what their solution ended up being.

The only game I can see even needing voice chat on Nintendo is Monster Hunter, although generally the text commands are enough on 3DS. Both the Wii and Wii U MH games had in-game built in voice chat and it was pretty useful.

Not unless they have a transmitter that is disabled or something. Yes there are adapters that you can plug into a 3.5mm jack that allows you to use BT, but that's just another added cost to have a semi functioning online experience. And even that doesn't mean that there is incorporation of something like that into the voice chat app.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
More like I'm going to be single if I use voice chat in bed.

More like you will never have to worry about it because even your wife knows you should be able to use Bluetooth and would ask, "What the hell is that Nin.... Ninte.... Nintedni company thinking?"

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm amazed by the amount of dust my switch is collecting. This isn't a pun, the screen literally acts like a dust-collector.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Holy shit. My wife came into my room to bring me a plate of Nintendies and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of Nintendies out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my wife but I'm literally in shock from the sales results. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Nintendo losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Nintendo to be good and fix this broken console generation. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought it was selling well in Japan???? This is so fucked.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. My wife came into my room to bring me a plate of Nintendies and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of Nintendies out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my wife but I'm literally in shock from the sales results. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Nintendo losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Nintendo to be good and fix this broken console generation. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought it was selling well in Japan???? This is so fucked.

I cannot wait to see this copy pasted by everyone on the SA forums by September.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Having regrets yet?

Not really, after all its the price of a pretty good dinner and nothing more. I had my fun with BoTW, never expected this console to deliver much more.

The dust collection thing is hilarious though, I can't be the only one whose switch' screen is electrostatically charged, literally attracting dust. Can't wait to discover more of its unintended functionalities. Guess an easy way to voice chat won't be one of those though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
if we are to suspend our belief long enough to imagine Nintendo as making rational business decisions, that makes a LOT of sense.

Hahaha so this.

Translated: "We have no fucking clue how to design/create voice comms in our games. We do not even know how to get passed friend codes, again, and we still do not understand the value behind a true online service or NNID's having a single source log in for past purchases to be licensed to play on another console if desired. We decided to not let users even back up their own saves on a mem card because we are pretty sure we will be hacked because we also do not understand security. We also just discovered Asia, and love their music, especially 'only time will tell' and 'heat of the moment."

-Love always from everyone at Nintendo 1988.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity