Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
lulz, now coming 2018
Nintendo Switch Online – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat

who knew NOT buying a gaming system at launch would provide so much schadenfreude

PCd9QND.jpg

also price released - $20/yr or $4/mo or $8/3 mo

beta in summer 2017

DBRxpObVoAInv9i.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
lulz, now coming 2018
Nintendo Switch Online – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat

who knew NOT buying a gaming system at launch would provide so much schadenfreude

View attachment 143167

also price released - $20/yr or $4/mo or $8/3 mo

beta in summer 2017

View attachment 143168
I mean that's actually a good thing, no charging for online play until 2018

Couple of other points:

"Special offers for subscribers may include discounts on select digital games and content."
So discounts similar to PS+

"Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario."
Maybe more than one game per month?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
soo about that app, come on even the WiiU has voice chat built into the fucking thing

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
soo about that app, come on even the WiiU has voice chat built into the fucking thing

As Nintendo said, the app soooo big and switcharu sooo smallllll no can fit voice chataru in boxu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo is still backwards as fuck when it comes to anything outside of making games, but as stupid as the paid online is it's significantly better than what they announced before.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah seems like they listened to the feedback from people. I don't mind the app but I just want to be able to do the same thing on the Switch without the app, it should be optional.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the subscription for 20 a year is definitely more enticing now that they will offer their VC Catalog. Still a backwards as hell online component regardless, but if I had a switch and wanted to bring NES games around with me (They are still considering SNES titles) on the go, it would be a no brainer. What they need to do is have the entire VC catalog in the subscription (For NES and SNES)

But, it's a step in the right direction and something NOA has told them forever now. So maybe they are finally listening.

With that said, still not buying one. I can jail break my 3DS and download any VC title I want for free if I really wanted to do it.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just give me punch out. when i played it on the wiiu, there was some noticable input lag. Even on the pad there was some input lag and i couldnt dodge Sandmans' uppercuts on the wiiu. haha

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Hoping it's an announcement of a switch version of a traditional Pokémon game but given Nintendo it will probably be about, a new mobile game, Pokémon tournament 2, or some other random spinoff.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
"Magikarp jump to switch" - Nintendo, probably

Nintendo isn't really involved in Magikarp Jump - The Pokemon Company licensed the IP out to a mobile developer, and TPC gets most the revenue. Same for the other (except Pokemon Go) Pokemon mobile games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Aaaaaannndddd it's Pokken Tournament for Switch.

Goddam Nintendo u dum

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Another Wii U re-release? Really? Does Nintendo have only one poor programmer slaving away in the basement or something? Why can't they make some new shit?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i never got into pokemon, whats the difference between poke tourney and the mainline pokemon games?

also isn't pokemon stuff done by another company

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
i never got into pokemon, whats the difference between poke tourney and the mainline pokemon games?

Poke-tourney is a fighting game, the mainline games are turn-based RPGs.

So much for Nintendo unifying all their franchises into one console, I guess?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Pokken is a fighting game.

And Nintendo owns the IP, they can tell them to make whatever they want.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Another Wii U re-release? Really? Does Nintendo have only one poor programmer slaving away in the basement or something? Why can't they make some new shit?
It's not even necessarily that it is a port. It's that it's a port of a game no one wants. They could have announced a port of pretty much any of the Mainline games and people would probably have been excited