Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
They better have not pushed the Metroid announcement or I am pretty much fucked from being able to troll the idiots over on the Nintendo Switch thread on SA. :p

Crisco

A greasy jar
No, it's because every single developer/publisher out there isn't even remotely sold on the Switch, aren't developing for it aside from porting a bunch of shit everyone already has, and are targeting the 3DS base and will continue to do so until the end of time because they know the console sucks. :(

Sorry buddy.
Yes, because you been right on everything so far, despite the long lines still in Japan when Switches are available, and the supply constraints due to using mobile hardware. All the huge demand only can give signs to 3rd parties are at least talking about it and they don't talk about releases when they barely start development.

Anything said is speculation at this point, and you are doom and gloom as normal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
don't worry switch owners, I'm sure Nintendo's 30 minute E3 pre recorded presentation will have a huge lineup of exciting, innovative new games for you to play]

They had a 35 minute Direct in April that announced ~28 games, with no talking/reaction in between each. The bulk of Nintendo E3 discussion is during the Treehouse Live streams so the Direct should be just straight announcements front to back.

They better have not pushed the Metroid announcement or I am pretty much fucked from being able to troll the idiots over on the Nintendo Switch thread on SA. :p

There may not even be Metroid anymore, it's not a great seller and the creator (Sakamoto) doesn't seem to want to be involved anymore after his baby Other M bombed. Tanabe (the Prime series producer) also doesn't seem to know if anything is being worked on.

Maybe there's some dream scenario where Nintendo gave Fromsoft the IP but otherwise meh.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes, because you been right on everything so far, despite the long lines still in Japan when Switches are available, and the supply constraints due to using mobile hardware.

Japan accounts for 1/16th of my dick when it comes to the global market. I couldn't care less what is happening in Japan. People over there are buying empty boxes for 5 bucks. Japan's gaming console business has been in decline for the last 13 years. I can buy one of these any time. And in Europe they are available on Amazon and from Nintendo Directly without scalping and HAVE BEEN for the last month.

All the huge demand

So now you are telling me you know all about demand in a supply constrained market? Fucking seriously dude? Patcher is that you?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Japan accounts for 1/16th of my dick when it comes to the global market. I couldn't care less what is happening in Japan. People over there are buying empty boxes for 5 bucks. Japan's gaming console business has been in decline for the last 13 years. I can buy one of these any time. And in Europe they are available on Amazon and from Nintendo Directly without scalping and HAVE BEEN for the last month.

Where can you find them on Amazon in Europe? Both UK and DE versions of Amazon are always sold out, or continuously say "Temporarily unavailable for 1-2 months". They show up infrequently for hours on Amazon in Europe just like they do here in the US.

Nintendo Switch Konsole Neon-Rot/Neon-Blau: Amazon.de: Games

Nintendo Switch - Grey: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Obviously you can get one from the non-Amazon sellers on the site for 50-60 pounds/euro markup. But that's no different than the US - you can find them if you want to pay extra.

NeoGaf has been tracking stock pretty well. Some countries like Italy, Greece or Taiwan have them in abundance but their currency/economy make it like it's marked up compared to US dollar. A lot in smaller Asian countries are buying it from Japan and scalping it in their home markets.

Last edited:

Crisco

A greasy jar

So now you are telling me you know all about demand in a supply constrained market? Fucking seriously dude? Patcher is that you?
If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to see that the things aren't sitting on every shelf all over the world. Despite your precious feelings, if you came to reality you would see there is demand despite anything you say. Please find me where I can buy the switch online and in stock? Amazon, best buy, pick your horse. Sure new deliveries happen and they are on a shelf for what, a day. No demand, sure thing.

Also, if indies are overpricing switch software, shouldn't you be mad at them, not Nintendo as they don't dictate prices. Nintendo software is top quality, I think 100% agree, just don't lump separate arguments to the same one. People can feel however they want about Wii U stuff coming on switch, but you don't have to buy again or at all.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to see that the things aren't sitting on every shelf all over the world. Despite your precious feelings, if you came to reality you would see there is demand despite anything you say. Please find me where I can buy the switch online and in stock? Amazon, best buy, pick your horse. Sure new deliveries happen and they are on a shelf for what, a day. No demand, sure thing.

They are continually on the Gamestop web site. You can gauge all their stock on nowinstock.com and there isn't a day that goes by they don't have any for sale for hours at a time. No one else has them online because they are deterring scalping which is why they are forcing people to go into stores (Other obvious reasons is they are jumping at the chance to get people into their stores as well) I saw 6 at Best Buy in Richfield MN today a suburb of Minneapolis. I have seen 4 in stock the last time I was at Walmart when I ran into your wife and her boyfriend while buying my toilet paper, and at Target they had 3 - This was in Maple Grove MN. And I am not EVEN TRYING.

Also, if indies are overpricing switch software, shouldn't you be mad at them, not Nintendo as they don't dictate prices.

Nintendo doesn't allow for Indies (Or anyone) to price their games cheaper on the Eshop. They HAVE to be the same price as the physical unit - forced down by Nintendo. This matters because physical cartridges are way more expensive to produce, which COULD be offset had Nintendo stated you can sell the game for cheaper on the Eshop since you are not incurring that price. It's another bullshit Nintendo decision in a span of hundreds of other bullshit decisions which Nintendo (Reggie) scapegoats on saying they can sell for whatever they want.(Almost as believable as that idiot from Sony stating no one wants backwards compatibility, yet spent hundreds of millions on the fucking Playstation NOW service to make a business out of it)

They are forced to sell at the higher price physically due to media, but also forced to sell at the same price on Eshop. The only alternative is to go shop only, which takes them out of the physical market which most do not want. I will give you this, at least they renegged on that awful online component and now will let subscribers maintain their VC titles - but they have a LONG ways to go on catching up to 10 years of consumer friendly account practices that Sony and MS have laid down. But still are dead ass backwards for needing a second device to use lobby and voice because Nintendo backtracked on the progress they made with the Wii U to cut corners to launch this tub of shit 6 months too early to hit a fiscal to improve their dreadful stock situation.

This has been a cycle, hell with every console release, ever. Low supply at first, high demand/scalpers, and you can ONLY judge real demand when supply is fully ramped. And just so you know, this same exact shit happened with the GameCube. The only difference here between the Wii U and the Switch us that if we had hundreds of thousands in supply for Switch, we would be seeing the downward spiral of this piece of shit a lot earlier.

Instead, we get Nintendo freak fanboys stating how great demand is in a choked supply chain. Which is only going to delay the inevitable thump of "Fuck! Maybe Nintendo will turn it around next time!" Rinse and repeat until 4033.

In no uncertain words, take the Mario Amibo out of your ass, take your head out of the sand, and start watching reality of why this thing will get it's ass kicked starting around the end of summer when supply will collect fucking dust.

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
gamestop says, switch is currently unavailable online! amazon says it ships in 4-5 days. So they usually ship when they get a new shipment in.

unnamed.jpg

Crisco

A greasy jar
You can gauge all their stock on nowinstock.com and there isn't a day that goes by they don't have any for sale for hours at a time.
What hours do I need to look. All out of stock except eBay. Nintendo Switch Pre-order & In Stock Tracker - NowInStock.net There is no way I am going to trust your anecdotal evidence. (big of you to bring up my wife, please try harder please. Seriously Wal-Mart, that explains a lot.)

You shouldn't assume supply/demand. You are guessing, and right now you are wrong in your guesses as if you click the link above, there aren't any in stock. I want to believe you can see the future but right now you are just a retard.

I get physical is more expensive, but I fully see why they keep the price the same, keeps things fair if that makes sense. Same product is same costs across the board.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ha! Just look tomorrow, the next day, the next day. Or set up an alert on NOwinstock - you'll be notified. Switches are on there all the time for gamestop.

How's your wife and my kids?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Switch is ahead of Wii sales numbers so far. 15 million in a year when they have some actual games to play wouldn't surprise me.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Switch is ahead of Wii sales numbers so far. 15 million in a year when they have some actual games to play wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, you don't know that. The Switch was ahead but the supply constraints have killed that already. They literally sold less in May than in April.

And we can we please quit with this "massive demand, lines in Japan" bullshit? They are shipping absolutely nothing, it's not shocking that they are selling out. There are 130 million people in Japan and Nintendo sent them 25k Switches to fight over...is that high demand or abysmal fucking supply?

When Nintendo starts shipping actual stock and there are still people lined up and you still can't find one anywhere then you can start talking about this massive demand. Until then it's just nonsense.

• 2Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
And for the record, GameStop had pre order Switches, shipping 6/17 on their site for three straight days this week. I know because I went back and forth about getting one for my nephew and had one in my cart for two days.

Also, here are some facts the next time you want to rifle off some "massive demand" "selling better than the Wii" shit.

DBMW4aCXkAEifek.jpg

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You say to ignore Japan and then post Japan sales numbers.

Global sales after two months:
Switch: 3,488,881
Wii: 2,954,781

Numbers are numbers. Fuck whatever arguments you want to make.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are Utnayan and Rafterman really that butthurt people are buying $300 consoles that they think are shit? Who cares what people buy? It's $300, not $10,000, and a casual like me already had more fun on the Switch than the Wii. Some people like portability.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like