Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Out of curiosity, did Nintendo ever post any user data about people using it on TV or portable? I've literally never used mine unplugged from the TV.
Dunno, but probably 90% of my use is portable, either on airplanes or in bed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The whole Switch feels like a wierd console. Even their big name games seem to have bad performance. Like how can you not optimize a console exclusive game to not drop under 30fps.

I got loads of Roms on my Steam Deck and most run better on that with emulation than the Switch. The only thing thats annoying is caching shaders which cause stutter in some games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Seeing the new Zelda struggle with frame rate really shows off the Switch's age. They desperately need to get next gen hardware out.

It is the engine not the system - i assume. If you played links awakening you saw the drops, and its really really odd for a style used game.

I think the engine was their b-tier team as it was a game boy game remake - i was surprised when this new game was the same, i am sure they had some people give it a once over… but imo its still a not so great system its built on is my guess

It’s why i hoped they got rid of the blur..and they kinda did, but its still there, just only on the bottom vs all 4 sides.

The first time you go into a rift, its like a “ohh” cutscene- your character is in the darn blur..

Also, i have a feeling this was a B squad game that is getting A list attention because female and “modern audiences”