Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

Yeah, the Wii-Wii-U was really the only generation where they just kinda made it better but kept the same "idea".

I would ask "what more could they do different?" but it is Nintendo, they are quite creative.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yeah i have the zelda 3DS as well its super easy to hack with 3DS Hacks Guide although the day after i jailbroke my 3dS i never turned it on again. It sits in my "go bag" along with my vita, cuz i guess in case of a zombie emergency i'll want to play my 10 year old hacked consoles filled with ROMs

they used to even have a free 3DS rom store that loaded in the console itself as part of the eshop but i guess that was broken a long time ago, but it was an easy way to just download all the ROMs you wanted.

About a year ago I spent $750 on a hacked 3DS with a zillion games on it and recording/screenshot capabilities. Basically a super 3DS.

XL of course, the galaxy model that looks rad. It's pretty awesome, but I haven't gotten much use out of it, especially for the cost.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, they could say fuck it and try to put a bullet in both MS and Sony who have fucked up a lot and do the following:

- Modern, powerful hardware
- good controllers
- Good user friendly online and store
- A remake of Ocarina of Time
- An Elden Ring graphical level open world Zelda
- Metroid prime 4 - maybe even with an online component
- Mario game
- a FromSoft exclusive
- another big time timed exclusive
- a subscription service with a serious retro library with the best filters and presentation options to full recreate a 1985-2000 experience
- Lean into indie developers who are making games, particularly those that are homages to your days of yore
- Nintendo game deck that you can buy separate that allows you to game on the go if you want

For the Boomers - Blu Ray drive and switch slot. I use my PS5 as the multimedia machine in my gaming den. Replace it Nintendo.

None of this is going to happen and I’m pretty sure if it did it would $1500 and nobody would buy it.

Let me know when they release their PS4 Pro level console so I can play the next beautiful but just slightly underwhelming graphically Zelda game.

Vorph

Don't care what specs they claim for it (betting on 1080p for portable, and it's not going to do 4K30 docked), they can go fuck themselves for going back to a non-OLED screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't care what specs they claim for it (betting on 1080p for portable, and it's not going to do 4K30 docked), they can go fuck themselves for going back to a non-OLED screen.

I'm kind of glad they're supposedly doing that. Makes it easy to hold off until the first hardware revision to include an OLED screen.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
now some guy is saying nintendo will not announce switch 2 this month but instead a new switch oled model bundled with mario wonder

that sounds way more like nintendo tbh, scam customers one last time

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
now some guy is saying nintendo will not announce switch 2 this month but instead a new switch oled model bundled with mario wonder

that sounds way more like nintendo tbh, scam customers one last time

Nintendo, man.

Caeden Caeden posted above about Nintendo taking things seriously and putting a bullet in the competition by announcing a spec-competitive new hardware and launching it with high-def 60 fps Ocarina of Time remake or an Elden Ring visual level new open world Zelda. They could utterly dominate the entire gaming industry if they wanted to but it seems they're happy with their (very large) niche of underpowered consoles that have most of the best games, even if their visuals look like ten year old systems.

• 1Pathetic

Vorph

I'm kind of glad they're supposedly doing that. Makes it easy to hold off until the first hardware revision to include an OLED screen.
I guess, provided there isn't an Atlus exclusive or a new entry in the Trails series before that happens. I've barely even used my Switch this year, and the games I did play like Star Ocean 2R and Unicorn Overlord could easily have been gotten on another platform. Even with Trails I could buy the cart (I've collected the whole series on Vita/Switch because they have tiny print runs and prices go through the roof after a while) and just play it elsewhere.

Still think it's pretty damn retarded to go back to a shit tier display. Knowing Nintendo they'll go back to a plastic screen too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just can't imagine Nintendo making Switch 2 be a smartphone update version of switch 1. But we'll see.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
it seems they're happy with their (very large) niche of underpowered consoles that have most of the best games, even if their visuals look like ten year old systems.

Yeah they are, it makes WAY more money. Nintendo's operating profits are larger than MS and Sony's console divisions combined. The margins on the Switch are stupid compared to what it would be with cutting-edge components. Check the vertical call-outs: 25% vs 7% for Sony and 12% for MS. They're not changing anything about that strategy.

1725664878419.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Yeah they are, it makes WAY more money. Nintendo's operating profits are larger that MS and Sony's console divisions combined. The margins on the Switch are stupid compared to what it would be with cutting-edge components. Check the vertical call-outs: 25% vs 7% for Sony and 12% for MS. They're not changing anything about that strategy.

View attachment 544792
I've either owned a playstation or xbox and a nintendo console for a long time. They're winning and I'm part of the problem. I do usually skip a console though. I skipped the Wii U until it could be hacked. I mostly skipped the N64. Skipped the non-oled switch.

That said, nobody's getting money from me until I upgrade my POS computer that hasn't been upgraded in 8 years.

• 2Galaxy Brain

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sat browsing an auction site and saw a DSi XL for $49. Threw in a bid and forgot about it. Seems I won it. The Steam Deck was not a good DS emulator so glad I got the DSi XL for some Dragon Quest playthroughs.

Should arrive in 2 days. And it seems very easy to jailbreak for playing ROMs. Anyone know a good source for DS roms?

Skärmbild 2024-09-08 173728.png

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sat browsing an auction site and saw a DSi XL for $49. Threw in a bid and forgot about it. Seems I won it. The Steam Deck was not a good DS emulator so glad I got the DSi XL for some Dragon Quest playthroughs.

Should arrive in 2 days. And it seems very easy to jailbreak for playing ROMs. Anyone know a good source for DS roms?

View attachment 544977

Sadly there's no real great place for those roms. Just a bunch of wretched hives of scum and villainy.

I just recently found out there was a DSi port of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA) with a single-player mode. Considering that's the only retro Zelda I never played, it's been on my list for 20 years. Had no idea the DSi had it. It's a download-only version so you can't get it anymore. I'm going to see if I can get a rom and put it on my super hacked 3DS. Will report back with findings whenever I get around to it.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

View attachment 544977

IDK If we can link ROMS on here just google Vimm's. Never had a problem there.

edit. apparently they lost a pile of titles though mostly Wii games and such. if you cant find somehting google "/r/roms megathread on github". You will need an Internet Archive account to DL from there usually (its free)

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nintendo are such retards. If they abandon a system it should all be free for all to share.

I found a site that was not AIDS with ads and popups just now. Got some classics downloaded like the Pheonix Wright , Fire Emblem and Pokemon games. Also all the Dragon Quest for NDS.

spronk

FPS noob
who knows if real or fake

“This is brand new info from a Chinese forum poster who didn’t have an insider track record, therefore the following is strictly for fun and giggles. Switch 2 production has started in [somewhere in China, which I don't want to translate] 1000 units per day [Edit: This is one worker, not the whole line.] Slightly larger than Switch 1 Smaller bezel Black and white Joy-Con Slightly larger logo, with “2” on the side”

they are cranking them out though at that rate will be 5-10m easy in stock by the time it launches next spring

the bundle nintendo will be pushing this holiday is to clear out all the switch 1s

Palum

what Suineg set it to

looks basically like switch XL

Man if that's true and that's all there is, really disappointing. I was hoping for something interesting out of Nintendo to shake up the console market and this looks like literally just "slightly bigger switch". I'm sure graphics/specs/blah blah and that's fine but not what made Nintendo stuff stand out.

• 1Like