Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
^^^ It kind of seems like they are forcing it, but they should have had a forced button latch do detach the joycons by having to press an unlock. That is just more shitty design for the world's first "Early Access Console".

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Anyone have one of these reserved they want to sale? i dont feel like waiting in line on Thursday.

Don't wait in line. Head over to your local store on Saturday. There will be plenty.

I seriously advise holding off this thing until the fall/winter at the earliest. Unless you do not have a Wii U and really want to play Zelda.

There will not be a shortage of these unless Nintendo creates one themselves.

This is an alpha launch of a very shitty and under powered console with features that are either missing or quite ridiculous in nature (For example, online matchmaking requiring a tablet or a phone to use) but we have been through that list before.

I can't even believe Nintendo is launching this tub of crap in the state it is in right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man next they're going to admit the Switch comes with a small Takata airbag and it randomly explodes sending metal shards into the player's face. BUT ZELDA!!!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
best buy will have switch units for sale, they are releasing at midnight in most stores you can see which stores are participating here
Best Buy Gaming Events & Late-Night Release Store Openings

target will also have switch units for sale on launch day, most stores open at 8am but some are 24 hours and all that jazz.

if you have a fry's electronics it might be the best place to get one since they didn't do online pre orders, but they will have lines friday morning at open time

i wouldn't believe ut in saying units will be available saturday morning, I don't think they will. Now granted many are going to scalpers who are going to be trying to sell on craigslist, kij, etc. when they fail in 14, 30, 45 days they will simply return the thing to best buy, target, gamestop, etc. But I don't think you will see any in stock saturday morning (launch is friday).

he is right though on the other point, it doesn't really seem worth buying unless you HAVE to play breath of the wild this weekend, and you are really going to use the portability feature a lot. If those two things are true then its worth it.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I am not a huge non-PC gamer the last system i purchased was a PS3 at release (and a DS). I also travel quite a bit and this would be handy for trips.

I think nintendo is going to do an artificial shortage, just like they did with the NES classic, you still cant find those in stores.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Don't wait in line. Head over to your local store on Saturday. There will be plenty.

I seriously advise holding off this thing until the fall/winter at the earliest. Unless you do not have a Wii U and really want to play Zelda.

There will not be a shortage of these unless Nintendo creates one themselves.

This is an alpha launch of a very shitty and under powered console with features that are either missing or quite ridiculous in nature (For example, online matchmaking requiring a tablet or a phone to use) but we have been through that list before.

I can't even believe Nintendo is launching this tub of crap in the state it is in right now.

Maybe video games in general just aren't for you anymore, Ut. I've never seen someone complain about every single aspect of an entire industry before like you do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Switch the way it is right now. It is not an underpowered console, it is a very solid handheld that can also be used on your television. It's actually a fucking brilliant design, and the fact that it works effortlessly between the two is a technological breakthrough that other companies are going to want to emulate. If they had tried to push the limits on graphics and power, the system would've run well over $500, which would've made you complain even more. There's a really simple solution to your bitching: don't buy one!

• 3Smuggly
  • 2Salty
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Maybe video games in general just aren't for you anymore, Ut. I've never seen someone complain about every single aspect of an entire industry before like you do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Switch the way it is right now. It is not an underpowered console, it is a very solid handheld that can also be used on your television. It's actually a fucking brilliant design, and the fact that it works effortlessly between the two is a technological breakthrough that other companies are going to want to emulate. If they had tried to push the limits on graphics and power, the system would've run well over $500, which would've made you complain even more. There's a really simple solution to your bitching: don't buy one!

Oh give me a break kid.

The features and applications inside the switch bring it back to the fucking stone ages. No app support, No Virtual Console on launch with zero date given to append it back in, shoddy hardware as we have seen with Joycon's losing connection input lag past 7 feet into the 200-300 ms range, no force click to attach the joycons to the portable tablet (Of which they make a very good point in that those will get worn down and without a force click, it will not be long before people are taping those things on there. It isn't hyperbole either. It's degradation of Hardware over time), a half baked online service which REQUIRES the use of a completely separate device to use, an online premium service of which no one knows what the subscription cost is yet but we already know you won't get to keep that one NES/SNES multiplayer game after the month is up (Again, against the current standard) along with completely inflated pricing on accessories.

There is nothing "Video games aren't for you" about it. It's God Damn common sense.

This is the most ass backward alpha release of a console we have ever seen to date. So, here is what Nintendo needs to do.

They need to either revert charging for multiplayer, or add standard value in today's world to keep NES/SNES games they get after the first month. I mean Christ, this should have been a no brainer to bring value to the customer. They need to quickly address the glaring hardware issues as it stands. They need to quickly adopt the virtual console market. Now, I wouldn't even mind paying $50-60 a year for their service if they just included their back library while you are subscribed (NES and SNES titles they port over, over time.) Can you imagine the people that would buy that? Including me?

There are so many things wrong with this launch. Sorry you are getting ass hurt over someone telling you what you do not want to hear as you gear up to play Zelda and wish for pie in the sky while this entire launch with hardware down to consumer ethics to customer value reverts us back to 1999.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Am I crazy for thinking Snipperclips is the more interesting title? Especially in the context of a 'be social with friends' machine? Zelda is cool and all, but the whole initial marketing push for the Switch was based around gaming-on-the-go and interacting with humans persons.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Am I crazy for thinking Snipperclips is the more interesting title? Especially in the context of a 'be social with friends' machine? Zelda is cool and all, but the whole initial marketing push for the Switch was based around gaming-on-the-go and interacting with humans persons.

What better way to interact with humans than to sit alone and play Zelda, occasionally looking up to see is people are watching you and eventually awkwardly putting it away after one joycon slips off and you have to bend over and reach under an old lady to pick up your neon colored toy?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm just holding off until I get Ut drunk enough that he buys us both one. He might even get a reach around out of it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm just holding off until I get Ut drunk enough that he buys us both one. He might even get a reach around out of it.

I could be fed an entire bottle of B&B (Large one) and down the thing within 3 hours, and would still think in my drunken stupor "I cannot subject this guy to this piece of garbage"

But... you would be subjected to me singing this:

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You know every Best Buy Wal Mart and Gamestop in America will have shelves full of these things unsold.

No one is hyped for this, especially not enough people to drive the console units off the shelves in the first few weeks.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Agreed. The ONE thing that will sell it though are people who do not have a Wii U and want to play the new Zelda.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I doubt that will be the case at least for the first week or two. After that I have no idea

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I doubt that will be the case at least for the first week or two. After that I have no idea

Hard to say. Word has it that Best Buy's in popular areas have over 50 non preorders per store to sell. Least in inventory was an additional 10 in rural areas. That obviously isn't including Target, Walmart, Gamestop, etc.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah hard to say really. Once people see the Cnet reviews that show you can knock it over in kickstand mode and that you can cut yourself with your own fingernails putting on the wrist strap then there's going to a lot of returned preorders, so there's that

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol yeah that CNet thing was pretty weak.

However, Giant Bomb, the latency issues, the complaints about online and the value added service, no VC at launch, and the other things listed - those are all valid complaints.

Obviously if I ever want to play VC NES/SNES games, my 3DS XL does just fine with all of those today.