Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Come on now dude. It is under a pound which is exactly what he said it was. My god damn wifes phone weighs more then that with that stupid case of hers.

Oh doesn't matter if it weighs under a pound - It's still heavier with the joycons attached than any other handheld out there (Including the 3DS). Let's also not forget if I want any mutliplayer with my portable I'll also have to carry around another device as well to be tethered to it.

But I work out. So it won't effect me.

All you multiplayer switch users out there who want to play on the run, you better start doing your deadlifts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gimme three months with the Switch and you will all see!

giphy.gif

On a more serious note, my left Joy-con has the range issue :( Can't play 6-7 feet from the TV without the left one acting up.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp, turns out Splatoon 2 sucks from everyone playing that test. Why isn't that a shocker.

YxxanYxxan YxxanYxxan you will have to call Nintendo, send it in, and they will fix it. They are adding small little square foam pieces inside the unit and somehow that is helping. Then it should work for you.

Nintendo knowingly shipped this garbage, did nothing about it, and then said it only effected 1% of the users :)

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welp, turns out Splatoon 2 sucks from everyone playing that test. Why isn't that a shocker.

YxxanYxxan YxxanYxxan you will have to call Nintendo, send it in, and they will fix it. They are adding small little square foam pieces inside the unit and somehow that is helping. Then it should work for you.

Nintendo knowingly shipped this garbage, did nothing about it, and then said it only effected 1% of the users :)

Yeah I doubt that figure. I wonder what the real figure could be.

Happy about the BOTW performance though :) I tried the Splatoon 2 beta but I did not like the first Splatoon so the new one did not really change anything for me.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The joycons themselves are feather light, and the undocked switch doesn't seem heavy at all to me. It is pretty damn big, though. And I've had no range issues so far from about 12 feet away.

The UI is pretty comical coming from the Wii U. It's very barebones and fast, whereas the Wii U's is a busy, frantic mess. You're in the game within seconds of starting up the Switch.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
It looks like the RGB auto detection settings doesn't work for all TVs. I had to change mine from auto to full and it made a big difference for me in Zelda and the Splatoon 2 beta. As far as the Splatoon beta goes it was alright, pretty much a shiner Splatoon. Kids will give it a try at the beta later tonight but outside of a splitscreen coop mode or them loving it to the same level as Mario Kart it will probably be a pass until it's sub 30.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
So I finally tried out the portable "mode" on a whim. I played Zelda on the TV for a bit, then undocked the Switch and brought it up to bed and figured I'd try it for a few minutes after the wife fell asleep. It's now three hours later I could still play for another three...

Sure , it's no substitute for the big TV and surround sound, but it's surprisingly satisfying. It's certainly not the gimmick that I had expected.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I finally tried out the portable "mode" on a whim. I played Zelda on the TV for a bit, then undocked the Switch and brought it up to bed and figured I'd try it for a few minutes after the wife fell asleep. It's now three hours later I could still play for another three...

Sure , it's no substitute for the big TV and surround sound, but it's surprisingly satisfying. It's certainly not the gimmick that I had expected.

I feel like Wii wasn't worth losing as much power as the system lost for motion control. The Wii U wasn't worth the lack of specs for the touch screen controller. I think the loss of specs for the ability to take it in the go is a fair trade. And the system is technically modern. I think this is the best place for Nintendo to be honest and I do hope it works out well for them.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
where are tyou seeing Splatoon is sucking? From all accounts from various gaming boards, they all seem to fucking love splatoon. I played the testfire today and yesterday had a blast. I didnt play it on the WiiU, so this was my first time. I did encounter some disconnect issues, but outside of that, it ran smooth as fuck. I didnt know much of what i was doing at first though.

Splatoon 2 Testfire |OT| This is a port...able game now biggest thread you will find on splatoon and im not see'ing the hate or that it sucks ANYWHERE! ARe there going to be a few people that dont like it? sure, there are people that dont like Zelda. I even went through twitter and im not seeing the hate on there either.

So, ughh yeah, no.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't a huge fan of splatoon. Was daughter's game. Then during one of the week end event she asked me to play a bit so she can get title and reward. Was supposed to play 1 hour and I was hooked ... then it was 4 am...

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
AAAAH WTF NINTENDO!

My left Joy-Con has been "blessed" with the weak signal. I was just on my way to buy another set of Joy-Cons so I have a pair to play with while I send in the left Joy-Con...or so I thought.

SUPRISE! Apparently I have to send in the joy-cons with the console.
"It will just take a couple of weeks"...

Idiots.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Uh? Weird, at least in Europe they just ask you to send back the affected joycon, not the whole system.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
AAAAH WTF NINTENDO!

My left Joy-Con has been "blessed" with the weak signal. I was just on my way to buy another set of Joy-Cons so I have a pair to play with while I send in the left Joy-Con...or so I thought.

SUPRISE! Apparently I have to send in the joy-cons with the console.
"It will just take a couple of weeks"...

Idiots.

The first representative said the same thing to me last week. My issues is the A button only work when you push really hard and the weak signal. I recalled speaking to another person and told her I had a Switch pro controller and she told me I could keep the console.

I would have bought another set of Red/Blue joy con but the colored version you can buy is inversed...

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uh? Weird, at least in Europe they just ask you to send back the affected joycon, not the whole system.

This is Europe also. Thankfully it worked out in the end after a phone call. I told them that I could either send the Joy-Con or return the console and buy it somewhere else. Bought the blue/red Joy-cons so I can continue my epic journey in BOTW :)

Malkav

French Madman
This is Europe also. Thankfully it worked out in the end after a phone call. I told them that I could either send the Joy-Con or return the console and buy it somewhere else. Bought the blue/red Joy-cons so I can continue my epic journey in BOTW :)

Yeah sounds like you had a stupid one on the first call. Glad you solved it in the end.

spronk

FPS noob
so apparently the switch version of Nintendo Lego City Undercover is on a 8gb flash card and requires an additional 13 gig data download. Even for the physical version. The digital version is 20 gigs as well, but all obviously on user storage. The wii u version was 19 gigs by comparison.
LEGO City Undercover's packaging mentions needing up to 13GB of space for "game download" on Switch - Nintendo Everything

A troubling trend if it continues, publishers cheapen out and put it on 8gb flash cards and make you download the rest, saving them money

i played a bit on wii u long ago, its a fantastic game although they are also simultaneously releasing a ps4/xbone (and maybe PC?) version too

Nester

Vyemm Raider
so apparently the switch version of Nintendo Lego City Undercover is on a 8gb flash card and requires an additional 13 gig data download. Even for the physical version. The digital version is 20 gigs as well, but all obviously on user storage. The wii u version was 19 gigs by comparison.
LEGO City Undercover's packaging mentions needing up to 13GB of space for "game download" on Switch - Nintendo Everything

A troubling trend if it continues, publishers cheapen out and put it on 8gb flash cards and make you download the rest, saving them money

i played a bit on wii u long ago, its a fantastic game although they are also simultaneously releasing a ps4/xbone (and maybe PC?) version too

LOL,

This might just turn things around for the switch !

• 2Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So they semi-sabotage a game that would probably do fairly well on the Switch?

What a bunch of retards. But then again, it's WB.