Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is no design issue with the Joy-Con controllers, and no widespread proactive repair or replacement effort is underway. A manufacturing variation has resulted in wireless interference with a small number of the left Joy-Con.

I seriously doubt that Nintendo statement. I have to return the second pair of Joy-Cons that I bought yesterday. Left one has the range issue and the right one has issues with the B-button. Only register about 50% of the time. Really easy to see in the built in controller diagnostic in system settings. But it's probably just me being the one percent :rolleyes:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So they semi-sabotage a game that would probably do fairly well on the Switch?

What a bunch of retards. But then again, it's WB.

Is that type of stuff downloadable on the SD card or does it go towards the system memory? I can't see Nintendo allowing them to do that with system memory because it's so small and all the saves have to be there, that's just insane.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I seriously doubt that Nintendo statement. I have to return the second pair of Joy-Cons that I bought yesterday. Left one has the range issue and the right one has issues with the B-button. Only register about 50% of the time. Really easy to see in the built in controller diagnostic in system settings. But it's probably just me being the one percent :rolleyes:

Yeah. Nintendo is full of shit. Microsoft was too with RROD. Why is it so hard for these companies to say, "Hey guys. We messed this up. Send in your controllers that have this issue and we will issue new ones. Thanks for being a great customer and early adopter"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Is that type of stuff downloadable on the SD card or does it go towards the system memory? I can't see Nintendo allowing them to do that with system memory because it's so small and all the saves have to be there, that's just insane.

I'm honestly not sure to be honest. Will have to find out. But it's likely a shitty way for them to get out of having to get a larger cart size.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

NIntendo is so inept that they probably stated to publishers "8gb cartridge minumum requirement" and now it will be taken advantage of. If your game is above 16gb, a 32gb card with a lot of wasted space doesn't make sense for publishers either so really can't fault them.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Nintendo is full of shit. Microsoft was too with RROD. Why is it so hard for these companies to say, "Hey guys. We messed this up. Send in your controllers that have this issue and we will issue new ones. Thanks for being a great customer and early adopter"

Because they can make statements like this and a legion of fanboys will rush to their defense and back their claim. We've seen multiple posts in this thread alone from people claiming these issues don't exist. This most certainly isn't the RROD issue but it's definitely more widespread than they are claiming.

• 2Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Because they can make statements like this and a legion of fanboys will rush to their defense and back their claim. We've seen multiple posts in this thread alone from people claiming these issues don't exist. This most certainly isn't the RROD issue but it's definitely more widespread than they are claiming.

I didn't see anyone say these issues don't exist. Seen plenty of people who said they don't have any issues with it. I don't have that problem either.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I talked to the local service guy at the electronic store. He said people had been coming in since launch day with the left JoyCon. The B-button not responding was new to him so I guess that's rare.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I didn't see anyone say these issues don't exist. Seen plenty of people who said they don't have any issues with it. I don't have that problem either.

No, while there were plenty of people saying they didn't have these issues there were also people acting like all this stuff was made up.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Considering the prices on ebay and what not, I'm gonna go with these being scams.

What protection does amazon hold? I know you could pay via paypal and fallback on their protection but that can take time-- and that is usually what people are betting on... sell 100 x 200$ fake items make 20k - put that 20k in some investment to make 2-5% make a few hundred bucks - do this over and over and over - and do actually return the initial money on refund so paypal etc. does not go after you harshly and it is "free" money.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what am I missing here? There are a ton of resellers/scalpers dumping switches for under $249-299.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con

It's a scam. They try to contact you to get you to send the payment directly to them instead of through Amazon. At that point you're fucked. Some don't care and try to get a quick buck and take the money and run by having you pay through Amazon but then you have to go through the refund process and are out the money till the dispute is resolved.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok gotchya.

I never buy anything off Amazon that isn't Amazon directly fulfilled so I didn't know how this scam worked.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Well final got banned at NeoGaf.

Some guy posted a thread to talk about all the "sweet" ads Nintendo has put out for the switch, (hint, they are just ads not sweet at all)

Apparently asking if he works at Nintendo wont fly at the Gaf...

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You are better off. Place is a shithole shill site. Busted already as well for being one.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy shit the amount of people banned in that thread. Are bans temp there or do people keep making new accounts?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ban abe for not shilling ads. No step on Nintensnek.

Still waiting for SSB, manu fixes and a price drop. Maybe Perfect Dark sequel comes out of left field or major VC releases would speed it up but I doubt it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Someone at Nintendo will probably have to commit sudoku if they admitted that

• 1Like