No Man's Sky

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
The more I read about this game the less I want to get it. I was waiting for the pc release Friday.

Spoilers here, but if it's true I'm just going to spend my money on something else this weekend.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still exploring the starter system even though I could have left awhile ago. Am I correct in thinking that every person has a different process-generated starting planet?

Yes. My daughter started a game on her PS account and world/system was different.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The more I read about this game the less I want to get it. I was waiting for the pc release Friday.

Spoilers here, but if it's true I'm just going to spend my money on something else this weekend.

Then don't, but don't spoil the end of the game for yourself then bitch that it isn't good enough when you haven't seen it or taken the ride getting there.

Some things are more about the journey than the end goal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I started over last night and am VERY glad I did. I may have run into the quest lines anyway, but I doubt it. Once I started over I did everything without using the DLC ship first. I met with the first Atlas, and met the other two guys of which one gave me an Atlas unlocker thing from two guys later. I am following the Atlas path. I now have to visit the second Atlas and this is where, since I know where to go, I am comfortable in a 4 planet system and it's time to explore, upgrade, and get ready to rock.

I read a few posts here. When I died to a pirate I went back to my corpse and got it all back. Are you guys going back to where you were blown up to get your inventory back? Or did I miss something where when I went back, I still lost valuables?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You don't lose anything if you go back and retrieve your stuff. If you die again while on the way it's gone for good tho.

So if I keep the good stuff in my suit, the chances of getting ganked are lower?

Don't believe it matters.

Here's the thing, if you like the game the ending doesn't matter and you try to avoid it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
From what I've read you can start over until you get an Atlas station in your starting system. I'm not sure its really a big deal but in my case it would of cut about 8 to 10 jumps off. Honestly it doesn't really matter all that much because all it did was front load some exploration and crafting for me. My suit was already passed the 120k? mark I think when I hit my first Atlas and even then 2 jumps more until I go the unlocker. I'm following that path now because it seems sort of interesting with the seeding implications of that story but we'll see.

My current play through has been really enjoyable. I'm farming a bit of stuff now because I want to upgrade my ship to one of the 1.5m or so ones in the space stations. 24 slots IIRC. That will give me enough so I don't have to juggle inventory quite as much and just roll with stacks of most of the normal rare stuff needed.

This game isn't for everyone but it also isn't a shit show. I have no regrets buying it.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I just found Nada and Polo in a Space Anomaly space station while en route to an Atlas something or other after getting the Atlas rock. I'm assuming when I get there I get the Atlas thingy that you can construct to unlock Atlas doors and containers etc.

They (Nada and Polo) offer to assist you directly by giving you resources for your solo journey, or to teach you how to harness black holes to warp faster to the galaxy center, or they'll point you on your way back towards Atlas. That conforms to my hypothesis that your three paths forwards are Atlas/Nada & Polo/Self guided exploration

Another thing to know: A lot of these guide beacon quests trigger upon warping to a new sector, so if you feel stuck/forget what path you're on, try warping around a bit.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
When is PC release again? What is the verdict. It's buy this or replay Witcher 3 atm.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Verdict is if you like single player space miner and explorer, its probably a buy.

If Elite Dangerous + Starbound without basebuilding sounds like something you would enjoy, give it a shot.

If that sounds as fun as going to the dentist to have a cavity drilled, then don't buy it.

PC release is tomorrow at regular Steam release time 1pm EST 10 pacific.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Here's a tip on how to stack rare items:

Lets say you are making a Advanced Cooling Theta Photon Cannon for your ship. It takes Thamium9 x200, Chrysonite x250 and Gravitino Balls x10 - normally all 10 balls would take up 10 slots.

• Install upgrade on your ship
• Make sure you ship has 3 available inventory slots and DISMANTLE the upgrade.
• In those 3 empty slot you will get Thamium9 x100, Chrysonite x175 and Gravitino Balls x5 (half original cost)
• The Gravitino Balls will stack and show 5 out of 100
• Move that to your inventory boom now you when u find balls they will stack to that pile

When selling them always leave at least two in the stack to keep stack alive, now when find or purchase Gravitino Balls they will stack.

Works with all rare items. Yes this means you will craft some upgrades for no reason at all. Yes it will still be worth it for the inventory savings. This becomes even more valuable if you are aiming to save up 10 unstackable Atlas Stones for the "end".

However I do expect a patch at some point to either break this or fix item stacking in the first place.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
How deep is the crafting system? One of the problems I had with Elite was the complete lack of crafting

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Crafting is pretty simple, most things just have multiple upgrades requiring rarer materials. You also have to find the recipes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have only seen reports of 100 but unsure if it changes depending if you're storing on ship or on your person like normal items.

I just found a planet that I appropriately named Gravitinoville and I'll be testing shortly.

Edit - K Kedwyn - I just did the example combine and it worked as described. Since the upgrade/dismantle take place in your ship's inventory the question of what it stacks to ended up being irrelevant. It's 100 and that doesn't change if you swap back and forth from personal to ship.

I am now considering staying on this planet until I have 100. They are everywhere but picking one up immediately deploys combat sentinels >.>

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So has anyone seen one of these yet?

r9yddnolutazyrjt4zph.gif

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think I want to ....but that is really cool. Haven't seen a desert planet like that at all.

That UI looks totally different than what I've seen ingame or on streams, is it NMS?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was from an early showing of the game. I have seen reports of people finding giant monsters like that but have yet to see one myself. I imagine they are set to be pretty rare or only appear nearer (or further?) from the center of the galaxy.