No Man's Sky

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Same. Or the 5 dollar sale.
I'm definitely in the "5 dollar" camp.

I'm fascinated and super-intrigued by the tech. I am very looking forward to what future games will be able to do with this concept. It has SO MUCH potential it's ridiculous. But so far it's just a tech demo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
11 hours played and 3 weeks after release Steam refunded me. Per Reddit it looks like many are able to get refunds well outside the eligible window (2 hours/2 weeks).

Will add it to the collection if it's got a nice discount in the fall or spring sales.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I guess 15 hours must be Steam's cutoff or I did something wrong on my refund request that got Steam to deny me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I guess 15 hours must be Steam's cutoff or I did something wrong on my refund request that got Steam to deny me.

Did you request it back in steam wallet? Or does it do that by default.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Amazon, Sony, and even Steam are giving refunds on the game now, regardless of play time.

I can't remember the last game where this happened, especially with Sony who never refunds anything.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm don't think I'll go as far as refunding it, worse comes to worse I can just give it to my brother(he wants to play it *shrug*)

The Tech behind it is awesome only a 4gig game and the galaxy is huge, I just think a bunch of people were expecting more, people just have no patience, mehh whatever I'll just hold onto it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
hmm don't think I'll go as far as refunding it, worse comes to worse I can just give it to my brother(he wants to play it *shrug*)

The Tech behind it is awesome only a 4gig game and the galaxy is huge, I just think a bunch of people were expecting more, people just have no patience, mehh whatever I'll just hold onto it.

I don't think patience, wanting to led around by the nose or ADD, as others have stated, have much of anything to do with it. Most of the people I've seen getting refunds are turning around and buying games like Elite, Subnautica, Empyriom, etc. all of which take just as much (or more) patience and attention to play.

I just think gamers are sick of getting lied to and this game was the ultimate hoodwink. The fact that there are large numbers of people getting refunds should put developers on notice. Hell, when even Sony is giving mass refunds you know there is a problem, they don't even refund pre-orders and half the time make people fight to get back money from being hacked.

I know one thing, Hello Games is done. Their reputation is shit at this point and I don't see any way they recover from this.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Picked up a new ps4 and played it for about a hour.

I fell asleep in hyperspace or something and put on Uncharted one. Now that's a game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Resubmitted my refund request as I had uninstalled the game before my last one and have made no attempt to play it since. Hopefully it gets granted this time.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
My automated Steam refund requests was denied. You probably have to push them with an actual support ticket to have a chance at a refund.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

they were expecting what was promised to them. Just look at the angry joe review. When you say you are going to release something then talk about it, even go as far as showing stuff and when the game drops its no where to be found and taken out. of course people are going to be pissed off. THey were lied too. If this was a 20 dollar early access game i think people would be like ok. early access lets see what they can do after 6 months a year whatever. nope, full price game.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
My automated Steam refund requests was denied. You probably have to push them with an actual support ticket to have a chance at a refund.

You do. All these articles are slightly misleading as some people have had to continuously resubmit theirs. Honestly it's abuse of the system but I guess the massive amount of people disappointed in the game overrules that.

I'm not gonna refund mine because WoW expac comes out in a few days and I'll be playing that for quite a while before I touch another game again. Banking on the hopes that they release something to the game by then.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Steam's main store page for the game now has a note 'The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky. There are no special exemptions available.'