No Man's Sky

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Amazon, Sony, and even Steam are giving refunds on the game now, regardless of play time.

I can't remember the last game where this happened, especially with Sony who never refunds anything.
haha good. Fuck this stupid game. The guy behind it looked like a snake oil salesman during all his interviews.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Oh shit that is fucking great!

Well took 2 tries but did get issued a refund, whats funny though it showed as 14 hours played and on the second attempt on the refund success approval it shows i have 22 mins played hehe.

Last edited:

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Well i'm late to the party but i'll try and get mine refunded tonight. Doubtful at this point I think. I wonder how many refunds they processed.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Congrats.

You predicted the overwhelmingly likely outcome in video game releases.

/golfclap

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, Steam denied my second attempt at a refund, so I opened a ticket. I just got a response that the 2 hour playtime limit is still enforced and I do not qualify for a refund. Dammit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yes, the overwhelming likely outcome to all new games is that 90% of their base leaves in the first week, and they all try and get refunds. Totally not an isolated incident.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Congrats.

You predicted the overwhelmingly likely outcome in video game releases.

/golfclap

FWIW, this thread is full of people who are very legitimately QQ'ing about what was promised versus what they bought.

So, while humorous, I'm not sure the antagonism is totally justified.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I'd say a 6 point spike (88% versus the next-worst release at 82%) in the largest release on Steam, to date, is significant. Is it earth shattering? IDK.

While daily users is a good stat to look at, I wonder how the returns of the game compare to other titles.

I would assume normally when daily users drop off, the studio still has 99% of that capital.

Is that true with No Man's Sky? I'd assume that they've taken a bigger hit.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you played 70 hours, there is no way you should get a refund. You know if you hate or like a game after six hours in most cases.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
NMS is kind of deceiving like that. It's pretty fun for me, at least, the first 20 or so hours. I think a lot of people really enjoy the first few planets or two, but then when nothing starts to happen and you're doing the same repetitive shit.. yeah. I still think its fun, but it's certainly not $60 fun in hindsight. But it's fine, win some lose some. Hopefully this is a wake up call to gamers to not buy in on the hype train anymore. I'm just as guilty as anyone else on that, but still.. Shit is just out of control.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hopefully this is a wake up call to gamers to not buy in on the hype train anymore. I'm just as guilty as anyone else on that, but still.. Shit is just out of control.

Oh we'll be wary all right. Right up until the next hype train picks up speed and we all hop aboard again.

Caliane

NMS is kind of deceiving like that. It's pretty fun for me, at least, the first 20 or so hours. I think a lot of people really enjoy the first few planets or two, but then when nothing starts to happen and you're doing the same repetitive shit.. yeah. I still think its fun, but it's certainly not $60 fun in hindsight. But it's fine, win some lose some. Hopefully this is a wake up call to gamers to not buy in on the hype train anymore. I'm just as guilty as anyone else on that, but still.. Shit is just out of control.
yeah totally. I mean, diablo 3 didnt do it. Spore didnt do it. Simcity 4 didnt do it. every mmo since WoW didnt do it. Landmark didn't do it.. etc, etc, etc.

yes, THIS will be the game gamers will finally learn to stop fucking preordering. Stop buying into hype and devs bullshots. Stop day 1 purchases.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
yeah totally. I mean, diablo 3 didnt do it. Spore didnt do it. Simcity 4 didnt do it. every mmo since WoW didnt do it. Landmark didn't do it.. etc, etc, etc.

yes, THIS will be the game gamers will finally learn to stop fucking preordering. Stop buying into hype and devs bullshots. Stop day 1 purchases.

You would think at some point, the kids would stop touching the burning stove.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Yes. No one should buy games on release. They should all wait for player reviews...wait

• 1Like