NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I love EVGA but good god those cards are fucking hideous. Why would you put solid red accents on an RGB card?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think the Asus one looks the best - heck even Zotac looks nice - However i will likely do EVGA since i trust only them and MSI for GPUs

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t care what my pc looks like because it sits under a table out of site like a PC should. If I did care though, yeah those red accents should have been rgb too or just not there.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Now that i think about it - i dont think this will fit accurately in my p3 if i use it for water cooling due to how far out the 3090 will stick out to where the pump goes. May need to get a p5 i think they have a bit more wiggle room.
I'd imagine you won't have problems if you go with the one with the water block. I think the FE is only so big because the cooler sticks out past the PCB so that it can pull air over heatsink fins, which adds a lot of length. With a waterblock you don't need to do that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd imagine you won't have problems if you go with the one with the water block. I think the FE is only so big because the cooler sticks out past the PCB so that it can pull air over heatsink fins, which adds a lot of length. With a waterblock you don't need to do that.

How much more wattage would i be looking at with water cooling on top of everything else? Just a ballpark average

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Do we know when the NDA will be off for reviews? The DF video is just comparing a 2080 to 3080 - i need to see how the 2080ti compares to the 3090 and 3080, i wonder if the NDA release will be on the day the cards ship for some bait and switch :D

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If I remember correctly it was the day the card launched for reviews on the past couple launches

gak

<Gold Donor>
For anyone that caught the presser, did they mention any Titan ? Or is 3090 the new top-end hotness ?

n.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

If the 3070 is better than the 2080ti like he is saying, holy shit. On paper that should be accurate

EDIT His take on the prices meant to take a swipe at the consoles and not directly at AMD is interesting as well.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

If the 3070 is better than the 2080ti like he is saying, holy shit. On paper that should be accurate

EDIT His take on the prices meant to take a swipe at the consoles and not directly at AMD is interesting as well.
I mean even at that price, you still need a mobo(100-150bucks), a CPU(200-250$), RAM(100-150$), a SSD(150$ for a nice big one) and a case(50-100$) to get a basic PC working, and you need peripherals if you haven't owned one before(like 200$ for a good keyboard and mouse but can go down to like 50$ for cheap stuff) and obviously either a monitor or a good TV but consoles need that too. So you're not really close to competing with the prices, you're still looking at like 3times the price of a console generally and while it'll be a lot better than a console in terms of power, it's not really worth it for the average user.

nu_11

I mean even at that price, you still need a mobo(100-150bucks), a CPU(200-250$), RAM(100-150$), a SSD(150$ for a nice big one) and a case(50-100$) to get a basic PC working, and you need peripherals if you haven't owned one before(like 200$ for a good keyboard and mouse but can go down to like 50$ for cheap stuff) and obviously either a monitor or a good TV but consoles need that too. So you're not really close to competing with the prices, you're still looking at like 3times the price of a console generally and while it'll be a lot better than a console in terms of power, it's not really worth it for the average user.
Or you could just buy a computer for work then drop in a GPU for $500.

The argument that PC's are expensive gaming machines is disingenuous. The point of PC is that you can do productivity work on them AND play games.

How much do iPhones cost? You're literally gonna pay $1200 to talk and text? While it's a lot better than a flip-phone in terms of power, it's not worth it for the average user. LOLOLOL! /s

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5-7 years isn't long enough for an AIO cooler? So you need cooler that lasts 15 years minimum?
in my specific case, 5 years would not be good enough. My daughter would turn 10 and my current computer would be a clear candidate for a hand-me-down at that point. My current TV computer is from 2012, wouldn't want the cooling to fail there.