NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
even paying scalper prices it was like 6 months - they didn't go into the investment and power costs of cooling equipment though, although it's probably negligible compared to the monthly revenue

They tried by adding multipliers to the equipment cost. +50% to electricity to cover for cooling and +6.5k for power supplies. Tried being the operative word.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They tried by adding multipliers to the equipment cost. +50% to electricity to cover for cooling and +6.5k for power supplies. Tried being the operative word.

ah I missed that - either way this is an insanely good roi if you have the cash and expertise to set this up and upkeep it for a years, as well as some big balls since crypto is so iffy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin mining is part of clown world.
1609823956303.png

• 1Worf

gak

<Gold Donor>
n.gif

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra 12 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card Confirmed, 12 GB GDDR6 & Faster Than RTX 3060 Ti For $449 US

Now cumming: 12 GB ULTRA COMBOOOOO !!!

Today, we have an exclusive leak for you surrounding the upcoming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card. We have obtained the first pictures of a custom GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card which is designed by ASUS and to our surprise, the 12 GB models will be regarded as the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra.

NVIDIA Readies GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra 12 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card, First Custom Model From ASUS Pictured, Pricing Starts at $449 US
As per our sources, NVIDIA is rebranding the GeForce RTX 3060 as the GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra. It is stated that the Ultra tier is spec'd above the Ti and SUPER variants and as such, this card features a beefier memory interface and top of the line cooling solutions even though the GPU it is based on is a mainstream design.

Coming to the specifications, well the GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra will feature 12 GB of GDDR6 memory which is more than the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, GeForce RTX 3070, and GeForce RTX 3080 cards. ASUS will be offering the GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra in several custom flavors including its ROG STRIX design but we have the TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ultra (ASUS TUF-RTX3060U-O12G-Gaming) for your eyes to feast upon.

The card itself features a 2.7 slot design and a large aluminum shroud with three massive fans that come with 0dB technology. The heatsink underneath the card is a massive aluminum fin array with several copper heat pipes running through it. The card makes use of a custom PCB design but the cooler and the backplate extend beyond it. Based on previous implementations, ASUS might go for either a single 8-pin or a dual 8-pin connector configuration for this graphics card. Display outputs include a single HDMI and 3 DisplayPort outputs.

Once again, it is interesting to see NVIDIA changing the branding behind the scenes. The GeForce RTX 30 Ultra series branding confirms one thing that we are bound to get more variants with this specific naming convention. It is also likely that the higher memory variants or the SUPER variants that were recently reported will also be using the Ultra branding which sounds cooler than the SUPER branding. There's also a chance that NVIDIA could feature three graphics cards within its GeForce RTX 3060 lineup, the Ti, the Ultra, and the standard variant. The Ultra variant is said to feature a pricing of $449 US and is expected to be announced on the 12th of January at NVIDIA's CES 2021 keynote.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Man I hit my numbers pretty damn close for just eyeballing a picture.
Electricians around here used to code upgrade panel services for ~$2500 for 200amp. That didn't include wiring a house just panel and shit for the electrical company to come attach meter/line. Did include breakers, so electrical was probably a one time fee of ~5k or so.
Watts on devices is almost straight heat so if the cards are pushed max, each one is a little 250-350watt heater.
I cannot stress how much heat 75+ of those buggers must put out. In the winter easily offset if he lives someplace cold by forcing in outside air.
I don't see them running in the summer or a hot place in a house though. Even with central air and a powerful window AC or 2, it would be climate hell zones.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I hit my numbers pretty damn close for just eyeballing a picture.
Electricians around here used to code upgrade panel services for ~$2500 for 200amp. That didn't include wiring a house just panel and shit for the electrical company to come attach meter/line. Did include breakers, so electrical was probably a one time fee of ~5k or so.
Watts on devices is almost straight heat so if the cards are pushed max, each one is a little 250-350watt heater.
I cannot stress how much heat 75+ of those buggers must put out. In the winter easily offset if he lives someplace cold by forcing in outside air.
I don't see them running in the summer or a hot place in a house though. Even with central air and a powerful window AC or 2, it would be climate hell zones.
So what you’re saying is you found a more efficient and even profitable way to heat Mist Mist house in the winter.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
So what you’re saying is you found a more efficient and even profitable way to heat Mist Mist house in the winter.
Makes me wonder. When I get back later in the week I might fire up the AC with open windows and see if I can test what 30% humidity and 80% does. Obviously video cards don't feel it as much but it has to have a effect on how quickly you can cool/heat a space given that conditions and I have all 6, central, window ac, heater, vortex fans, humidifier and dehumidifier already set up in office. Obviously I don't use all those at once. Time to science the shit out of something I could probably Google in 2 minutes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Makes me wonder. When I get back later in the week I might fire up the AC with open windows and see if I can test what 30% humidity and 80% does. Obviously video cards don't feel it as much but it has to have a effect on how quickly you can cool/heat a space given that conditions and I have all 6, central, window ac, heater, vortex fans, humidifier and dehumidifier already set up in office. Obviously I don't use all those at once. Time to science the shit out of something I could probably Google in 2 minutes.
Humidity absolutely plays a role in temperature. If you open your windows on a warm humid day when you close the windows and fire up the AC it runs longer trying to cool it down. I’ve read things about not opening your windows in summer if you care about about not making your AC work harder. I guess the humidity “saturates” your furniture too so your house is humid longer than you think it would be.

Humidity also makes us feel warmer than the air temperature is too, that’s why a dehumidifier in summer helps your house feel much better than the temp would imply.

Oldbased

> Than U
Humidity absolutely plays a role in temperature. If you open your windows on a warm humid day when you close the windows and fire up the AC it runs longer trying to cool it down. I’ve read things about not opening your windows in summer if you care about about not making your AC work harder. I guess the humidity “saturates” your furniture too so your house is humid longer than you think it would be.

Humidity also makes us feel warmer than the air temperature is too, that’s why a dehumidifier in summer helps your house feel much better than the temp would imply.
Ya, that is why I have all that stuff. Old house. No insulation and in KY we hit 70-95% often in summer and in winter gas heat drops it down to 20-40 which fucks up our noses and eyes.
Since I have the ability to change the climate in just one room at will from 30ish F in these temps up to 90 and the ability to control humidity probably a 40% swing over natural. I'd like to see just how much an effect it can have over just knowing it does.
I tinker all day with shit. It's what I do!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BB drop happening now, snagged a 5950x. Yes, i'm certifiably insane.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Welcome to the club - sanity died in 2020 - None of my FE queues ever came off please wait - was late by a few min which got no yields!

Molten Core Raider
I got in on an EVGA 3090 but it couldnt be delivered, I would have had to drive across the state to pick it up from a brick and mortar store. Think I can wait a bit longer and try to find one that comes to me. Dont want my video card with a side of covid.

spronk

FPS noob
dont forget the 3080ti announcement is in 1 week

not that you'll be able to buy that either lol

Molten Core Raider
BB is still toying with me about this 3090. It keeps showing as available and can be shipped to me or picked up at the local store, then I go to the checkout then they're like "just kiddin!" and want to send me across the state for one again....

I'd rather hike the frozen tundra to get a card than venture across Georgia and through Atlanta for one...