NVidia GeForce RTX 50x0 cards - 70% performance increase, but AI > you

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone here have a gaming rig hooked up to a home theater with surround? Say an OLED 4K 65”, Atmos, and running hdmi 2.1 through eARC and a 4090? I’m curious how easy it sets up and if you can notice major differences between that and a series X graphically (I know it’s a jump. But how big of a jump) and how audio is.
Do you mean like an SVS setup or something like Samsung 990D?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little skeptical of the leaks. 5080 looks like it'll be pretty limp its true. I'm aiming for the 90 anyways, so w/e.

I wouldn't be too surprised if leaks like this happen just so they can gauge feedback before approving the ultimate final specs.
It's a true and terrible quote that its a curse to wish someone to live in interesting times. A couple of years ago I couldn't wait to build an all AMD rig, and now I am seriously thinking of building a Blue/Green machine, with a 5080 with an intel arrow lake CPU if Nvidia can control its greed and deliver a card 10% faster than a 4090, and the rumors are true about the memory controller on Arrow Lake being so much better than the current Zen architecture and CPU performance being really good as well. I don't care whose stuff is better, I am just sick on everything in every market flopping.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>

NVIDIA's Blackwell Now In "Full-Force" Production ; Jensen Says That The Demand Is "Insane"

VIDIA's CEO Jensen Huang has revealed that the next-gen Blackwell AI product portfolio is already in production and that demand is "insane."

Team Green's Blackwell AI architecture has been a victim of "supposed" delays after it was initially said that the firm had faced an issue with the packaging technology incorporated in the architecture. It was said that NVIDIA would delay Blackwell into Q1 2025, but later on, Jensen revealed that Blackwell is on track, shipping by Q4 2024, but in small quantities. In an interview with CNBC, here is what NVIDIA's CEO Jensen Huang had to say:

"The thing that we have done with Blackwell, and what we have announced, this new AI infrastructure generation every single year, and so we're going to update our platform every single year.
And, the reason for that is if we can increase the performance as we've done with Hopper to Blackwell by 2-3x each year we're effectively increasing the revenues or the throughput of our customers on these infrastructures by a couple (2-3x) each year, decrease, or how you can think about it decreasing cost every 2 or 3 years."
- NVIDIA's CEO via CNBC

NVIDIA's Blackwell architecture is right on its way to being the firm's "most successful" product in its history, and based on the initial impression shown by the likes of Jensen, Blackwell is going to be explosive for the markets.

cope.gif

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
"$2500 5090, $1200 5080, we'll see how much we can get away with charging the poors after whatever AMD launches to compete for the table scraps."

Nvidia reportedly has 88% of the GPU market, they aren't even going to try to pretend to care and the Feds aren't even going to try to rein them in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
"$2500 5090, $1200 5080, we'll see how much we can get away with charging the poors after whatever AMD launches to compete for the table scraps."

Nvidia reportedly has 88% of the GPU market, they aren't even going to try to pretend to care and the Feds aren't even going to try to rein them in.
HoMM3 is going to look sweet running on that 5090.

• 1Double Worf