NVidia GeForce RTX 50x0 cards - 70% performance increase, but AI > you

Xevy

Log Wizard
Almost every major US corp (excepting Elon's) are failing to execute, particularly tech companies. I don't know if that's a DEI failure, or a Western culture issue, or COVID hangover issue, or something else. We'll see if Nvidia can deliver.
1727990731856.png

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea he didn't buy it to make a profit dipshit. Figure it out.

That's not how business works. Dumbass.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Elon was forced to overpay for Twitter/X after he discovered how much of the traffic on the site was bot driven. The Fidelity (de)valuation is ideological and part of the overall Administrative State lawfare to which he is currently being subjected. This isn't the politics forum, though, so I won't go into any more here.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Such a disingenuous title too. Yeah it lost from its all time peak, but its been way lower before Musk as well.

1727991451142.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Such a disingenuous title too. Yeah it lost from its all time peak, but its been way lower before Musk as well.

View attachment 550247

That's the point from which it (allegedly) declined by 80%. It stopped trading publicly when Musk bought it in 10/22. Also note non-zero y axis on the chart. An 80% decline from $53.70 puts it at $10.74, which is ~25% below the lowest trading price of $14.01.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A huge part of why Twitter has lost value is because the mentally-ill, cancerous woke religion has infected a lot of companies and their religious doctrine demands they stick it to Musk by not advertising on his platform.

Musk taking a significant financial hit to help preserve free speech increased my respect for him by an order of magnitude. Everyone knows the world would be a very different place had Elon not made the purchase. Think about all the important events that have happened over the last two years and how the media would have controlled the narrative had Twitter not provided a place for dissenting voices.

I think Musk's heart is in the right place with electric vehicles, but they're largely retarded as far as doing anything beneficial for the planet. Regardless, Musk is a huge net positive for Earth. His dream of making humans an interplanetary species is eventually going to be necessary and the medical technology that Neuralink is pioneering is incredible.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the point from which it (allegedly) declined by 80%. It stopped trading publicly when Musk bought it in 10/22. Also note non-zero y axis on the chart. An 80% decline from $53.70 puts it at $10.74, which is ~25% below the lowest trading price of $14.01.
On the other hand, Elon probably wasted a smaller % of his potential net worth on shitposting than any of us have lol.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont believe in free speech, bro? Imagine where twitter would be right now without him. Another platform gone to propaganda and censorship. Prob the most important one too since everyone, including lolnews, relies on this for current events and breaking news from around the world.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Free speech is great. You see me calling for censorship? Just have to chuckle at the declaration of respect for a billionaire that not only will never know we exist but also would not care if we stopped existing tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Faggotry

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Free speech is great. You see me calling for censorship? Just have to chuckle at the declaration of respect for a billionaire that not only will never know we exist but also would not care if we stopped existing tomorrow.
1727997309808.png

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I respect him too for doing what he did. Basically having ~50% of Americans angry at him now for free speech of all things. He went from beloved e-car dude to a villain overnight with his twitter purchase. And I could care less if he knows me or if I exist. also he is not only a billionaire, he is the wealthiest person in the world.

1727997551093.png

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Twitter is a very important, serious topic of discussion. It's a platform worth saving and Elon is amazing and someone i will teach my children about. This is definitely a normal and not at all pathetic thing to focus on.

I also think LLR should run for President

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little skeptical of the leaks. 5080 looks like it'll be pretty limp its true. I'm aiming for the 90 anyways, so w/e.

I wouldn't be too surprised if leaks like this happen just so they can gauge feedback before approving the ultimate final specs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm a little skeptical of the leaks. 5080 looks like it'll be pretty limp its true. I'm aiming for the 90 anyways, so w/e.

I wouldn't be too surprised if leaks like this happen just so they can gauge feedback before approving the ultimate final PRICE.
Fixed that for you.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm just hoping the rumors are true that AMD is going to ditch the "high-end" market this next Gen and focus strictly on low-mid range cards. Rumor is the 8xxx will offer > 7900XTish level performance for around $500.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here have a gaming rig hooked up to a home theater with surround? Say an OLED 4K 65”, Atmos, and running hdmi 2.1 through eARC and a 4090? I’m curious how easy it sets up and if you can notice major differences between that and a series X graphically (I know it’s a jump. But how big of a jump) and how audio is.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I wouldn't be too surprised if leaks like this happen just so they can gauge feedback before approving the ultimate final specs.
Nvidia does not care about feedback. They're printing money right now.

Speaking of Elon they sold him 100k GPUs and he ordered 100k more.

• 1Solidarity