NVidia GeForce RTX 50x0 cards - 70% performance increase, but AI > you

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'll be the poor. I run a 3060ti on a 27" 1440 and on rarely run stuff on high. For some of the stuff I play like path of exile it's just too much "stuff" so I turn a lot of it down. Of course I play Eve Online and until recently pretty sure you could play it on a 20 year old laptop.

I could afford more but not sure I would get much out of it. Bought during Covid but meh price of stuff has gone up. 20 to 30 years ago even bottom end stuff seemed high.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I may try to pick up a 50XX and flip my 3080 to recoup a bit. Something I’m willing to do for a “marginal” PC upgrade but not something I want to do for say my PS5 to PS5 Pro. Not even sure where to safely sell electronics though without being scammed (meaning the 3080 since I guess GameStop would do the trade in on PS5). I have a lot of success buying/selling gun stuff on Reddit without issue. Maybe electronics swap would work too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nahh, even though I dont follow consoles, Im betting some new fresh consoles are on the horizon, its been 5 yrs now? And if they drop within the next few years the fidelity of graphics will surely raise again. I think the new norm will become 4K 120fps. Because lets face it, most consoles are plugged into 4K sets now, some of which are sporting 250+ refresh rates now. It might not affect those still using 2K or 1080p on PC. But you know you will want to upgrade at that point.

My PC is circa 2020, time of COVID and video card shortages so I had to resort to a pre-built one, first time since like forever just to score a 3070. Its been running great but its showing its age now too with some of the new titles. The saving grace is AMD frame generation tech in the games that utilize it. It pretty much adds like 50fps. In 2077 latest patch I went from like 90fps to 170. Crazy.
Consoles have been ass on performance and they likely will still be, aiming at best at 4k60, when they even both with the 60 in the first place. It does push it though cause they keep adding pointless shit to make the games look very slightly better while not giving a fuck about optimizing them, but that's largely for AAA games and not that many of these are good anyway unless you're the type of person who buys CoD or whatever Ubislop every year though.

Monster Hunter Wilds is mostly what I'm looking at in terms of upgrading. If I can run it at 4k60 with my current PC by making shadows big blobs or whatever I probably won't be upgrading until the next cards after the 50xx.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I may try to pick up a 50XX and flip my 3080 to recoup a bit.
I'm in a similar situation.

I have a TUF 3080, but mine is the 10gig VRAM version and that's not going to be enough. I might wait until the 60 series because my 3080 is meeting all my needs, but I'm not sure I want to wait another two years for a new card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nahh, even though I dont follow consoles, Im betting some new fresh consoles are on the horizon, its been 5 yrs now? And if they drop within the next few years the fidelity of graphics will surely raise again. I think the new norm will become 4K 120fps. Because lets face it, most consoles are plugged into 4K sets now, some of which are sporting 250+ refresh rates now. It might not affect those still using 2K or 1080p on PC. But you know you will want to upgrade at that point.

My PC is circa 2020, time of COVID and video card shortages so I had to resort to a pre-built one, first time since like forever just to score a 3070. Its been running great but its showing its age now too with some of the new titles. The saving grace is AMD frame generation tech in the games that utilize it. It pretty much adds like 50fps. In 2077 latest patch I went from like 90fps to 170. Crazy.
Sure. Maybe.

Problem with consoles is that in the last five years GPUs have just gotten bigger and more power hungry. Will next gen consoles scale like that? I dunno.

And even if 120hz is the new standard, 30hz will still be playable.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
30hz will still be playable.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Sure. Maybe.

Problem with consoles is that in the last five years GPUs have just gotten bigger and more power hungry. Will next gen consoles scale like that? I dunno.

And even if 120hz is the new standard, 30hz will still be playable.
Funny Face Reaction GIF

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users