Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$30 for OW according to the launcher. If you ever had an inkling to get this game do it now!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was playing some single player FPS the other day and OW has ruined me.

I'm jumping around like a fool!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played a 30 minute game that was probably my best performance to date and list Internet with 1 minute left. Does that count as a loss for me?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually don't know in S3. I am pretty sure in S2 if your team won and you dropped you collect the win as well. But they changed some things to try and get rid of the abuse of leaving/rejoining to cancel the match where you lose the SR if you do that. So I'm not sure.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of DCing...I was in my 3rd game (had no issues first two) and started lagging, quit out fast and reconnected fast, was suspended for 10 min and took a loss.

Like is it possible to quit and reconnect in this game? 2nd time in a week this happens. 1st was in spawn room and I realized the game shut down as normally happens with early disconnects, this time it might have been early still but didn't check time, my whole team already died once each and I quit during my respawn timer. So gay.

I'm not even sure what causes the lag. Watched a twitch video during queue and loaded into a laggy game. Not doing anything different than usual and been playing this since beta.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the game will auto shutdown if it is only 1 minute old or so. It is very plausible you'd get the auto shutdown if you were on 2CP or something and your first push went poorly. In fact that was the hot strat in S2 was to just abandon the game if your first push went badly in 2CP.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Lol just had a game what seems there was a massive server loss? Friend in discord is like hello, i'm like uhh hello. Apparently there were three people in the game left, and everyone else dc'd. I got messaged by a few other friends about the dc.

Go to find out, when I finally get back up I didn't lose anything.. my friend that was still in the game though? -35 rating.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
played against a guy that was gold portrait 2 stars tonight, and rest of his team was silver portrait with some 4 stars. cant imagine playing that much.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Check out the highest level list. Some 1100 ranks are sr 1400. Have to be actual disabled ppl or something. The top guy has averaged 7.4 hours a day since launch

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've played against Sytherea(sp?) several times. She was, probably still is, #1 highest player in terms of overall play time. She was at like 1/3 total life playtime since game launched. She was completely awful. She streams on twitch and I guess she's like a woman in her 50's or 60's who just plays all day. Nothing wrong with that, just goes to show that definitely don't see silver 4 stars or whatever and panic. A bunch of really shitty people are walking around with shiny portraits now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been playing a shitton of D.Va lately and I'm getting the hang of it. I feel like I'm a tank Tracer. Poke at the line, gtfo when shit hits the fan. Zoom in quick for a finisher. EXPLODE MYSELF!

Also getting good at counting the opponents rounds to time when I should be dropping my shield. Works best vs Reaper. Toggling my shield off and on is also perfectly timed to Tracer's bursts.

Saving a full charge of shield for dat Reaper, Soldier, and Roadhog ult is also quite fulfilling.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I couldn't even find out if I took a loss or not because I guess the game doesn't record your latest wins and losses, kind of lame.

I tried to use masteroverwatch.com but it doesn't have my competitive stuff. Crawled to 2200 anyways. I like to play Pharah but this tank meta is so annoying. Especially when dva eats rockets.

My last match I was doing 900 damage per minute on Pharah and I guess that's like 96th percentile

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing a shitton of D.Va lately and I'm getting the hang of it. I feel like I'm a tank Tracer. Poke at the line, gtfo when shit hits the fan. Zoom in quick for a finisher. EXPLODE MYSELF!

Also getting good at counting the opponents rounds to time when I should be dropping my shield. Works best vs Reaper. Toggling my shield off and on is also perfectly timed to Tracer's bursts.

Saving a full charge of shield for dat Reaper, Soldier, and Roadhog ult is also quite fulfilling.
i play reaper alot and when i see dva using her shield, i stop right there and reload using my melee as it makes the reload faster.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
i play reaper alot and when i see dva using her shield, i stop right there and reload using my melee as it makes the reload faster.

That was mythbusted a long time ago, for all characters. If it's frame-perfect, it gives you a free melee attack, but otherwise it actually delays the time until you can shoot again. With some (like Roadhog) the animation cancelling is way more advantages because you're healing or whatever.

So, it DOES alter the timing on the reload, but not in the good way :p