Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's moving pretty slow

It takes about 10 wins in a row until your MMR skyrockets. Not sure what streak he's at. Also since this was a s2 Plat account tanked to bronze the system was pretty confident the owner is shit so it will be reluctant to move it up.

Tenks

It is somewhat funny seeing the difference between bronze and low silver. Bronze just didn't give a single fuck. Silver they're just as horrible mechanically but try and run the meta to some degree.

Tenks

God after a round of 360 hanzo into 360 roadhog with hackusations his sub feed just exploded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
so like general strategy discussion here since I've never played a pvp fps before:

I'm playing soldier on capture in bronze, teams are pretty balanced. There's one dude playing tracer with a gold weap that is just all over us. Should I concentrate on keeping him down or just stick with the group? With a lot of effort/not doing anything useful on the point I can get rid of him but its not easy and he gets the best of me ~1 in 4 times. Finally on round 5 I went for 3rd tank (zarya) because it was so irritating. We wound up losing but we had several disconnects from team members so I don't feel so bad but yeah what a pain that was for 20 minutes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dont chase tracer around, stay with your team and try killing when she gets near or wait for someone to hook or cc her.

Tenks

Tracer has to engage to be effective since her range is so short and she excels at killing solo targets out of position. So basically never chase her unless she's crippled and one shot but even then only chase down like one hallway.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like Overwatch takes avoiding KB's as a statistic to an extreme. I just finished some random QP game (single map) with Widowmaker at 70% scoped accuracy, gold elims with around 20 and 17 killing blows. Got beat on cards by a D.va with a 15 elim streak and a Mercy with 18% healing. I'm not saying that 20 is a crazy elim number, but sometimes as McCree, I feel like I can't buy a card despite securing like 70% of the team's kills.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely seeing a big difference being able to track on 76 with this 144hz. McCree was np, but guys with tacking like 76 and Reaper play a lot better, for sure.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This game... man

1 win away from Diamond: DRAW
1 win away from Diamond Part 2: LOSE
2 games away from Diamond: Steamroll 'gg ez' WIN.
1 win away from Diamond Part 3: LOSE
--
then LOSE
--
then LOSE
--
then :(

Dedicated 4 hours of game time last night (which is 2-3x more than usual!) to try and get Diamond but just couldn't pull it out. Ended at 2908 or something after peaking at 2981.

Hopefully I don't downward spiral after being so close :eek:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Played with my brother for the first time yesterday. It was like I was playing a completely new game with someone that actually knew what to do, where to go, and what calls to make. We went on a 12 game win streak until the other two eventually eclipsed the 1000 difference over me and I couldn't stay in the party. Towards the end the matchmaking was trying it's best to fuck us over by matching our 3 stack + 3 ungrouped randos against 6 stack diamonds, but we were still pulling out the wins and they were getting like 100+sr a game. I think the game knew I was the dead weight of the group and wasn't awarding me as much SR, but I still hit Plat! Other friend that was with us went from plat to master in one sitting lol.

Tenks

This game... man

1 win away from Diamond: DRAW
1 win away from Diamond Part 2: LOSE
2 games away from Diamond: Steamroll 'gg ez' WIN.
1 win away from Diamond Part 3: LOSE
--
then LOSE
--
then LOSE
--
then :(

Dedicated 4 hours of game time last night (which is 2-3x more than usual!) to try and get Diamond but just couldn't pull it out. Ended at 2908 or something after peaking at 2981.

Hopefully I don't downward spiral after being so close :eek:

Make sure your head is right before queueing again. I've done shit like this where I get mega tilted for like a week and end up losing 500 SR.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I literally did that last weekend. Was up like 2600, then straight plummeted to 2200 in a single fucking day. Just constantly queuing and getting angrier and more retarded as the day went on. Super frustrating haha, and I know I was being a burden to the teams as my head wasn't in a good place.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Steadily climbing up playing tanks and some heals only. Reinhardt straight up wins games.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Make sure your head is right before queueing again. I've done shit like this where I get mega tilted for like a week and end up losing 500 SR.

Also avoid, "I'm going to have a couple beers and unwind playing Overwatch." Fantastic way to lose 500.

Tenks

Luckily I found out early on in the beta that any amount of alcohol and Overwatch simply does not mix well for me. I don't have fun I just get frustrated.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've lost 400-500 in a night 2x before, so I avoid it by playing 1-2 hrs at most and not even playing every day. :D

Tenks

I can get mentally fatigued really easy playing MP video games and my skill just degrades massively if I play too long. I'm at my best probably from games 2-5 and then I start sliding so I try and limit myself to about 90 minutes now.