Overwatch

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After having a 3 day weekend, I completely bombed from a stint of trolls and DC's. I was bound and determine to find a group and stick with them to get out of the pits of hell but it simply never happened but I couldn't stop. I was completely determined to find one team or at least 3-4 people that we could make a legitimate run. Simply didn't happen. There must be a point in the season where the cream finally rises and the rest is so completely toxic that it's intolerable. I can maybe think of 2-3 matches out of 3 evenings of playing where people didn't argue and/or rage quit.

The game is awesome and i've really come to love quite a few of their characters. I even got to the point where I felt like I was even carrying with certain characters fairly consistently but you eventually fall into a downward spiral and need a core you can depend on. 4 people together seems to be a good number to get quick queues and still be able to control the game. Even if you lose, it's typically fairly close and a good time if nothing else. If you go in solo PUG and you dip into bronze, you might as well prepare for the worst.

Oh well, better luck next season for me. They really need to address the DC's though in addition to doing something to weed out these trolls.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 100% solo queue.
I teamed up with a random dude last season and we won like 10 in a row, he got Diamond and I ended at around 2850 but that was it. This season I haven't grouped at all.
I think a duo is about all you need, maybe a trio at most. 2 players is 33% of a team, enough to dictate the flow of the game, especially with communication.
Can combo as Tank/Healer or Pharah/Mercy or 2 DPS carries or whatever to carry games depending on the situation.
When I teamed up the other guy was a D'Va main and I was spamming Mei and somehow it all just worked cause we knew what each other were going to play and learned each other's playstyle after a few matches.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I've actually been enjoying solo queue bronze quite a bit. I don't think people take things too seriously and while there are toxic people you can almost certainly shut them up with "We're all bronze for a reason". Maybe I've been lucky but I've had several games (mostly KOTH) where we lose the first two and I just say "hey this isn't working, lets switch up roles" and we come back and win the next 2-3 ones. IDK. 1/2 hour penalty for leavers is probably a good start.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm 100% solo queue.
I teamed up with a random dude last season and we won like 10 in a row, he got Diamond and I ended at around 2850 but that was it. This season I haven't grouped at all.
I think a duo is about all you need, maybe a trio at most. 2 players is 33% of a team, enough to dictate the flow of the game, especially with communication.
Can combo as Tank/Healer or Pharah/Mercy or 2 DPS carries or whatever to carry games depending on the situation.
When I teamed up the other guy was a D'Va main and I was spamming Mei and somehow it all just worked cause we knew what each other were going to play and learned each other's playstyle after a few matches.

We duo'd a while back we should get back into it. I'd love to try and push into Diamond before the end of the season. Though aren't you EST?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My kids have both been playing on full 6 man teams. They are both in diamond now, older one is like 3200 younger one is like 3080... I'll ask if they sometimes group as just a duo/trio but I don't think so, I think they have the full team.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
We duo'd a while back we should get back into it. I'd love to try and push into Diamond before the end of the season. Though aren't you EST?
Yea and my schedule isnt very flexible so if I have time I just go. I'll duo if you're on when I am

Edit: I also don't use a mic which is main reason I don't group.. I listen but don't talk, got sleeping babies I can't wake up. I feel like no mic is a big disadvantage so I just solo and make 5 randoms deal with it

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya full team would be real nice, but takes lot of time/commitment, i would want the same 6 ppl not randoms

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've actually been enjoying solo queue bronze quite a bit. I don't think people take things too seriously and while there are toxic people you can almost certainly shut them up with "We're all bronze for a reason". Maybe I've been lucky but I've had several games (mostly KOTH) where we lose the first two and I just say "hey this isn't working, lets switch up roles" and we come back and win the next 2-3 ones. IDK. 1/2 hour penalty for leavers is probably a good start.

I thought bronze toxicity wasn't that bad, found silver and gold to be worse, so far platinum has been pretty good too.

Things tend to get more toxic the closer people are to getting to the next rank. For example a silver player who is at 1975, so 1 win from gold will more likely end up toxic than the silver who is between 1600-1800, because for those 1 loss isn't that big a deal, but that's just my personal experience.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What's average gains in SR? I very rarely play competitive, but I just went from 3053 to 3113 in one win lol. I feel like I really should try to push and see how high I can go, I just don't feel like putting in the effort.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If anyone wants a teammate i'm typically on around 9:30 pm EST - midnight most nights depending on family/work. I'll fill and do whatever the team requires. Prefer D.va, Pharrah, Mercy, or Ana but i'll do whatever.

Muligan#1208

gauze

Molten Core Raider
What's average gains in SR? I very rarely play competitive, but I just went from 3053 to 3113 in one win lol. I feel like I really should try to push and see how high I can go, I just don't feel like putting in the effort.
In your early games you climb like a mother fucker. It's why this season has been so "shitty" this season. You see a lot of people peak at 49/2800 at 3600 and a superiority complex. I generally don't care but I hate people who auto assume Supreme.

It's why I'd say diamond has to be the most toxicity to an unbearable amount. I "coach" my friend who sits around gold plat area and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as my recent experience in diamond. Usually around the gold plat area there is just a lot of idiots and the occasional superiority complex... But atleast from my experience, even in masters, I get to see the I'm in the right because I hit master/gm attitude. I know more so I should dps, you're lower rank so you should heal. I'd assume this happens at all ranks, but seems to be the most common at higher rank but someone will up and throw because someone else on your team doesn't deserve the win.

I really wish they'd find a way to penalize those who are toxic, you shouldn't solely climb off skill alone. Communication and coordination have a lot to provide too. There are csgo pros who are balls when it comes to aiming and shooting, but damn do they have good strat calls and just sense of the game. I had one game that I rolled my eyes at because this kid couldn't have been older than 12, but you know what? I was like damn kid good job. He asked questions, he apologized for doing something too much too little, and even his queue partner who sounded much older was like good job kid. I come from csgo as of recent years, and I'm use to squeakers yelling American Inventor on the mic 24/7.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So player feedback doesn't really matter. Don't bother playing on PTR except if you want a sneak peek at the changes they made.

Stolen from a reddit post, the jist of this video:

• PTR exists first and foremost as a stress test and to catch bugs before the patch goes live. Feedback on the changes is useful and appreciated, but ultimately not the primary function.
  • PTR on consoles is a legit logistical challenge due to the fact that their environments are locked down pretty tightly by Microsoft/Sony and any patches require certification.
  • Recently they've been using the PTR time as something of a buffer, so that the patch is working through the certification process while the PTR is active.
  • Sombra is not currently supposed to be an assassin. Instead she's a disruptor. Therefore they are not looking to make changes to her damage right now. This may or may not change in the future. Also they think her kit has a lot of potential and people just haven't figured out how to optimize her yet, but they still think she needs a boost.
  • Roadhog hook is a matter of consistency. They don't look at it strictly from the hooker or hookee's perspective, but have to consider both viewpoints. I guess they saw enough WTF moments from both ends to realize it needed a change.
  • D.Va did too much too well. They think her boosters and infinite firing are key features of her kit, but after her latest round of buffs she was too overwhelming so they're toning her down. If it turns out they got it wrong they'll give her another pass.
  • Ana's nerfs are meant to tone down her healing in large coordinated groups. They have a lot of faith in the basic design of her kit and a rework isn't likely to happen.
  • There's usually a bias towards negative feedback online because people who are satisfied with the changes don't feel the need to post about it.

I really does amaze me how they keep going from one extreme to the other with D.Va. She really only needed to be tweaked and they made a huge change to her instead.

Last edited:

gauze

Molten Core Raider
So player feedback doesn't really matter. Don't bother playing on PTR except if you want a sneak peek at the changes they made.

I think that was more just covering their asses, as he goes later to explain the whole conundrum of customer satisfaction. I think someone talked about it when it came to balancing WoW, they had to weigh on what groups to make happy, and try to make other to not be upset; at least finding a happy medium with some odd 20 million players is its own feat. I don't read the forums, but I see these posts all the time.. even the reddit community is -kinda- trying to take a stand against it, but everyone suddenly becomes an expert on character balancing, including myself, and post away for a picketing riot. Some are logical, while others are a complete revision... which prob sucks from their end because it rewrites the fundamental philosophy which in turn, presumably, on how they'll release the next characters to fill in gaps.

ex of quality content, that comes out of the ptr; worth watching? prob not but for blizzard to have it go unnoticed would be erroneous on their part

As far as the D.va changes, revert, fix; w/e. Atleast its not another McCree fiasco in which it was completely gamebreaking. It was also nerf/buff/nerf/buff, while dva has been crying for buffs since beta?alpha? For the most part, the whole Dva/Ana thing was fine in the beginning, it just became increasingly stale.. as it was the only thing.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As much as I hate to say it as a person who mains D.Va, she's a bit OP at times. I know my skill level, how much time I have to invest, and even I can go entire matches without dying. Last night was just one of those nights were I felt unkillable. Granted the Sym in our group was carrying pretty hard (best i've seen) but still, I don't think I lost but one match all night and i'm not quite sure it shouldn't be quite that simple.

DVa3.JPG

DVa4.JPG

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got hooked right through the bottom of an overpass on Gibraltar. I'm 99% sure that none of my character was visible to the Roadhog.