Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
As much as I hate to say it as a person who mains D.Va, she's a bit OP at times. I know my skill level, how much time I have to invest, and even I can go entire matches without dying. Last night was just one of those nights were I felt unkillable. Granted the Sym in our group was carrying pretty hard (best i've seen) but still, I don't think I lost but one match all night and i'm not quite sure it shouldn't be quite that simple.

lets get some pro moves goin:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
D.Va is insanely OP right now. I don't even consider myself a particularly good D.Va and I still clean house with her.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The 144hz has really made smooth tracking way better. Can stomp with Zarya's beam now, played about 6-7 games with her last night and didn't lose any. Zarya at this level feels stronger than Rein in a lot of ways. A lot of players in gold don't seem to have any desire to use Rein's shield for cover and are often way out of position. Zarya can make saves on out of position teammates and turn them directly into high energy. I'm still not used to the ult though - I need to be more strategic with where I'm locating it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
DVa is WAY op on Console (yeah I know im a fucking console plebe)

I had a game last night going 62-9...Only reason I died to many times is I satrted fucking around because I dominated so much. Put out like 29K Damage. Fucking spam fire all day on a 5 round KOTH.

Had another round where I went 45-0 in a single Dorado Defense. Next leg on attack I was 9 kills in before I fell off the cliff. Ending a 54 kill streak.

Im usually pretty drunk playing Dva too. was probably 12 drinks in at that point after a killer Happy hour/going away party.

Ive been laying Widow a bit lately for fun. Its a shame how useles she is on console. Can really make some moves, but her poison bomb and Ult are complete negatives. She should be vital in this tank meta. They need to retool her ult. "Showing where everyone is" is pretty worthless at this point. Maybe keep her ult the same and give a global 5 percent boost to damage for her team for 10 seconds...or something. Or a debuff on spotted targets during ults. Or even shoot through armor/shields duyring ults. Something that makes her in any way viable when the meta has console games rolling out 3 tanks a a team every round...if not 4.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Its also funny hering that Sombra is a disruptor not an assassin...seems like Tracer would be a Disruptor as well and her current set has her as Burst DPS.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
After seeing that video, I've realized much better how D'Va's ult works. I always just assumed it inherited your momentum, but it also inherits the remaining time on your boosters in whatever direction you were facing. So if you boost for a split second and ult, your suit will continue boosting in that direction for 3 seconds and probably put your ult way out of position. So if you boost forward for 2.5 seconds or so, then quickly look up and ult, it'll only continue to fly in the sky for half a second before landing, which is a lot easier to control and predict.

Can also do this against any wall - just fly into it for a second or two near the top, ult and the jets will eventually push it over and surprise land. Just practiced it on the windows next to the choke on Volskaya A and it works perfectly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its also funny hering that Sombra is a disruptor not an assassin...seems like Tracer would be a Disruptor as well and her current set has her as Burst DPS.
Tracer has no disruption abilities though... she just shoots people. That's like, literally her only means of disruption :p Sombra at least has utility, problem is her utility is too weak right now. Have to see how PTR changes pan out because I really like Sombra when I can get things to line up.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The 144hz has really made smooth tracking way better. Can stomp with Zarya's beam now, played about 6-7 games with her last night and didn't lose any. Zarya at this level feels stronger than Rein in a lot of ways. A lot of players in gold don't seem to have any desire to use Rein's shield for cover and are often way out of position. Zarya can make saves on out of position teammates and turn them directly into high energy. I'm still not used to the ult though - I need to be more strategic with where I'm locating it.

Ya 144 hz with 150+ fps (i get 300) its insanely awesome. I dont feel like I can actively see a difference but I feel it in my aim with mcree/soldier.

good to know about d'va, guess it makes sense i never thought of it. in that gif above she uses full rocket boost duration at beginning of ult

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
First comp game of the day, 3 of the guys start running troll picks halfway through set 1 of Lijiang tower. Tank switches to torb and makes a turret in our base, healer goes hanzo and the pharah is just dancing around in one of the houses. Mind you, this wasn't a 3 stack or anything, 3 random guys all just quitting after like 2 or 3 deaths. The other team wasn't even good. So baffling.

Every time I try to dis-regard Gauze's comment about playing in prime time, it ends up biting me in the ass.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tracer has no disruption abilities though... she just shoots people. That's like, literally her only means of disruption :p Sombra at least has utility, problem is her utility is too weak right now. Have to see how PTR changes pan out because I really like Sombra when I can get things to line up.

Maybe I misread it. Feel like tracers disrupt isn't based on abilities but being a pest. She should be zipping and and out breaking up groups and disrupting organized groups. I suppose she's doing that now but feel it's much more about burst dps. Who else is a distributor then? Mei? I thinks a controller. Sombra cant be alone in her utility. Just curious who else they compare he abilities with in that role.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
It's hard to classify each and everything with singular categorization. Outside the obvious philosophy of the character. You'd have to use a radar graph, to really define champions.. Which in due time I'm sure they'll develop something like that when the champion pool gets bigger.

In all technicalities, people like tracer, genji, or even Mei can disrupt. Even Winston or DVa. But it really comes down to the cohesiveness of their kit. While Mei is more brawl/control, she can easily zone/disrupt. Tracer can disrupt, same with genji, but only by being slippery and elusive with assassin/elimination potentional. Winston and DVa can by being beefy nuances.

Sombra on the other hand, she can be a slipper nuance but she can also shut down a person/s from doing anything, also negate health packs which might not seem that crazy but can actually be quite critical. She definitely needs some buffs to better facilitate her, but I respect their process in doing it slow.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I need to just uninstall this piece of shit. Over and over I get losing streaks and there is no way to climb back out of them. The level of pure fucking bullshit that is genji and pharah at lower levels fucking blows my mind. I don't give one fuck about my rank but I just want to play with others at a similar skill level. If they cant accomplish that then I hope this game fucking fails after a while just like HoTS. These American Inventors deserve no money.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I need to just uninstall this piece of shit. Over and over I get losing streaks and there is no way to climb back out of them. The level of pure fucking bullshit that is genji and pharah at lower levels fucking blows my mind. I don't give one fuck about my rank but I just want to play with others at a similar skill level. If they cant accomplish that then I hope this game fucking fails after a while just like HoTS. These Obama-sons deserve no money.

Have you tried Soldier 76? Or Zarya? Or Dva?

If so and still no luck, the problem may be you, brethren.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I do decently with a fair number of characters and I usually try and fill whatever the team needs or to counter the enemy. I know medals and shit don't matter but it does get frustrating when you are getting silver damage with ana and you have gold time on objective but your teammates are doing god knows what. I started the season at 1600 moved up to 2700 solo and now back down to 2500 again the rankings don't matter to me I would be fine if I was 1500 or lower so the it lies on you is fine with me. I am perfectly capable or saying I am not the greatest player but it does suck shit when you are clearly playing with people either way below or way above your league.

Boozecube's Overwatch Profile

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I followed BoozeCube's link to overbuff and then browsed around. I think they have some problems with their data...

Untitled.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I am sure these 3rd party sites can only be so accurate. Of course blizzard is always cryptic with their fucking bullshit.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya official forums --> competitive discussion has a thread complaining that competitive stats arent working on overbuff lol

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Interesting? Where's the MLK event though!

Guessing this is when the PTR drops. Hoping for another PVE event as well, good on them for pumping these things out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

One of the best single pieces of advice I've recieved that works in all forms of team based competitive games, has always been to look at yourself as the problem.. Always!

I know there are moments when it's obviously a teammate could have contributed x, or if teammate y didn't afk/DC.. But on the same coin, could you have defused the situation for y? Could you have done one more step in preventing/assisting x? Certain levels of diplomancy/tact/decision making can take you leaps and bounds than just something of pure reaction/aim. Knowledge plays vital too, and you can't grow intellectually if you can't first disect yourself as the error before your teammates.

It might sound stupid, but it'll work it's slow magic. I gained my most improvements by adapting this philosophy and I've spent some odd 18 yrs in/around competive gaming. I adapted this when I started going in hard on league after an absence of doing 1.6 comp/Lan tourneys.

Anywho, that aside. If you record a demo, id happily look over it.. Anyone from here for that matter, and see what I can; if not others can help with for improvement. I'm not a pro or anything, but looking at stats won't help me or you improve, just like how gold coins won't win you a game.

I'd make top 500 if I wasn't couch squatting during the week for classes XD

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Zarya out of meta or something? People seem to resent the pick - although I assume its because no one is willing to pickup Rein and they'd rather me switch to Rein.