Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The monthly melee has Runaway from korea playing on high ping, and Rogue who apparently are in the states for some reason. The newish team Selfless are on a huge win streak. Pretty good games so far.

Oh and a brazilian team also!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The next character needs to be a squishy that shoots electro-bullets or something that do bonus damage to shields or fatties. The best tank counters being other tanks is still dumb (aside from Bastion who himself can be countered best by some tanks)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just had my first DC which left me with a 10 minute suspension and RIP 50 SR. Pretty fucking pissed because it happened right at the beginning of the match, so nobody got hurt (just remake) and I reconnected like 10 seconds later. But fuck me right Blizz?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
So it looks like: Lucio unchanged, Ana gun nerfed to 60 from 80 but everything else the same, and Winston has his beta shield CD now. Looks pretty good.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really don't have fun in this game anymore and I don't know why. Getting masters again didn't feel like an accomplishment, and when I actually win the game I don't really care and generally call it a day after 1 or 2 at most but when I lose I just close the game and wait another day to try again. Nothing feels rewarding. Idunno, maybe I should main mcree or something?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaally bad teams tonight. My block list has grown by at least 20. New patch I guess.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The difference between playing during the day and at night is huge. Teams were much better during the day when compared to night.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After 9 PM PST is a goddamn cesspit. Early mornings you tend to get too many Koreans, but late morning/midday is generally pretty good.

OK this I can relate too. My sweet spot seems to be from 7PM-12AM EST. After 1AM, it just goes downhill exponentially for every 30 minutes. Don't think we get queued with Asia on the east.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Down 500 since the patch, but been having fun occasionally. 39 loot boxes unopened and probably twice that number added to my block list.

I'm still fairly convinced the matchmaker is just broken. Some games you get really great teams, and then sometimes there are people that could barely be classified as human. I'm on a streak of amazing games and I get 21 for a win. Back when I climbed 1000 I was playing so-so and getting 40+ for wins. It seems so random.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn a year down the road that there's an off by one error and your score is based off the player playing your battle net ID + 1.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just impossible to really make a good match making in a game like this.

EDIT: So I play with a friend who is about 500 or so SR below me. I cannot for the life of me seem to rank up with this guy, even though our win rate is 66%. Am I just doomed to not rank up with him because of the SR difference and I lose more SR than I gain?

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So without giving away any results, a Korean team played in an online tourney in the states a few days back and just got crushed. Same team is in the apex grand finals.

I wonder if it is just that big of an adjustment going from 5 ping to 200 or if the american teams are just that good?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is what 5am comps look like:
ScreenShot_17-03-25_05-04-41-000.jpg

• 1Smuggly

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
1000 down since the patch. Every game is like attack torbs and me trying to heal alone, while the other team has perfect comps.

I've drifted back into trickle land, so it has kind of ceased to be fun. I've fallen so far nobody can aim so I come out of a 3-2 illios loss with 4 deaths and 20k healing (and we still lose).