Overwatch

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol, that's good shit.

Blizzard games are the only games I've ever been banned in. They know their products are good and people will come back, so they don't hold back when they decide it's time. It's just more revenue for them.

Fadaar

That guy
Only online game I ever got banned in was EQ and that was for hex editing my run speed. Making the run across the Karanas in about 3 seconds each was so so amazing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are they really going to record voice chat? I suppose they could store voice to text logs... Just seems a huge hassle either way to SJW police people.

Hell, the few people who have been asshole enough to spam shit while feeding in HotS I've reported seem to not disappear.
It is possible they are stored till the end of the match. If no reports then ditch them but if there are reports they could keep them. More likely than not they will just take the reporters word and then monitor that player a bit. Usually players being really anti social are not particularly subtle about it and tend to do it an awful lot. It does not take a lot of time for the pattern to form.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There are laws about recording people. That would be interesting to see if they tried that or if actually falls under those laws.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My salt levels are rising
biggrin.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's possible they do it but probably not likely. But then you look at stuff like DOTA where if somebody is fuckawful on mic and chat, if they get reported enough they can get muted for large amounts of times where they can't type or talk to anyone no matter what. It'll probably be something left up to the community.

I firmly believe the style of the game also reflects how a lot of people act, some games like CS or CoD, even Battlefield (haven't played in a while though) seem to automatically attract shitheads while TF2 or Unreal Tournament or hell even Quake the community is generally pretty chill. Of course no community will exist without trolls or the circlejerk but it's interesting to me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There are laws about recording people. That would be interesting to see if they tried that or if actually falls under those laws.
Couldn't the EULA just say "We will be recording your comms" and if you accept it you agree to allow them record it?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I have little experience with voice chat outside of Mumble/Teamspeak/Vent, but do companies regulate voice chat? Seems to me that the rating system covers things:

Rated T for Teen
Blood
Use of Tobacco
Violence
Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone able to get this working with a xbox 360 controller tried for a bit last night but it won't let me map the joysticks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
as far as toxicity goes on voice comm, i've only been in one game where two dudes were bickering back and forth the entire time (which also made us lose very quickly). Every other time it wasn't abused so it's off to a decent start?

mind you when those 7 million people eventually get the game it'll go down the shitter. Either way, these types of games NEED voice communication.

Column_sl

shitlord
When this hits the masses the VOIP is going to be hilarious.

It will be way worse then CS which is pretty fucking bad.

Expect the voice changers, recorded messages. Poor people shouting at their wives while their baby screams in the background, Little kids shouting/singing, and as much racism and insults as one game can handle.

Basically hell on earth

Column_sl

shitlord
as far as toxicity goes on voice comm, i've only been in one game where two dudes were bickering back and forth the entire time (which also made us lose very quickly). Every other time it wasn't abused so it's off to a decent start?

mind you when those 7 million people eventually get the game it'll go down the shitter. Either way, these types of games NEED voice communication.
According to that report Blizzard issued a couple days ago there is only a little over 1000 accounts playing right now.

Wait till its 26 million lol

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
People who say voice coms are hell on earth need to just go play dota 2. Voice coms are absolutely amazing for coordinating in multiplayer. Yes some people are shitheads, but if there is a button to mute whoever you want its fine. Having voice coms with appropriate reporting/mute features are 10 times superior to any toxicity you think might be created by not having voice. I believe that voice in League would be a boon and not a bane for example, As long as you can 1 button mute any of the players you wish.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'd rather take the good with the bad in regards to voice comms for MP games. I'm sure the voice comms will be extended to Heroes as well and that game desperately needs it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Datamining has possibly found a console port is in the works.

Those who've played Overwatch cite gamepad support for the PC version as another major indicator, but the biggest tip is a piece of source code found on Blizzard's European website. The string of text, which has since been removed, said: "Overwatch is Blizzard's team-shooter for PC and consoles."

In addition, Overpwn discovered a pair of authentication checks for PS4 and Xbox One within the game's code, which read: "INITIAL_PSN_OR_XBL_AUTH" and "WAITING_FOR_PSN_OR_XBL_AUTH."

Column_sl

shitlord
People who say voice coms are hell on earth need to just go play dota 2.
From what I've seen Dota 2 sports a much more mature crowd. A closer analogy would to be to go check out a CS public game.

I'm not against Voice Chat, I'm just saying if you think people care what they say on there, they clearly do not.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
CSGO voice chat is typically 99% trolls, racists, little kids, or people trying too hard to be "entertaining" on a twitch stream.