Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
Because you think that's what a game requires, or because that's what the player base of THIS game requires (IE: not great gamers)?
because having more variety will appeal to more people overall? i'm personally just butthurt there isn't a CTF scenario in the game yet! lol

edit: been playing soldier: 76 a bunch, he's basic but pretty damn good imo.. just having a heal and the mobility of his sprint makes him incredibly versatile on both offense and defense

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because having more variety will appeal to more people overall? i'm personally just butthurt there isn't a CTF scenario in the game yet! lol
Yeah, more variety is always good, but not if it waters down each of the modes because there are so many. I'm sure over time there will be a nice balance. But, it does seem like a more non-hardcore FPS type game that is appealing "because Blizzard".

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

edit: been playing soldier: 76 a bunch, he's basic but pretty damn good imo.. just having a heal and the mobility of his sprint makes him incredibly versatile on both offense and defense
You sir have a lot of fucking nerve coming in here complaining about no CTF when you at least have the fucking beta! How insensitive can you fucking be?

Needless

Toe Sucker
You sir have a lot of fucking nerve coming in here complaining about no CTF when you at least have the fucking beta! How insensitive can you fucking be?
constructive criticism!?!!?

The more i play this game the more i like it as i start to understand what every character can do. Really, really digging this game already~

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
constructive criticism!?!!?

The more i play this game the more i like it as i start to understand what every character can do. Really, really digging this game already~
I honestly can't see them not have CTF or multiple other game modes. Game looks damn fun to play and even better when you watch a really skilled player do their stuff.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Word around the interwebs/gaming press is that this is almost certainly getting a console port at some point.

Blizzard is set for world domination.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
CTF seems very contrary to their "shorter games" mantra considering CTF matches are the slowest fucking FPS-Team maps in existence and since it's a symmetrical conflict there's not much way of speeding it up.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wwhhaaattt Quake CTF was fast as hell with the grapple, rocket jumps, etc.. Of course that was like 1996 or 97 and that was a ton of alcohol ago.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I used to love Super CTF for Quake...that was the one where you could get runes like Superman, Subzero, Scorpion, etc

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Biggest gripe is that if you're good at an important hero like Reinhart you're stuck playing him every fucking game if you want to win because everybody is bound to suck and pick widowmaker or tracer because omgstreamergot25killstreak!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Biggest gripe is that if you're good at an important hero like Reinhart you're stuck playing him every fucking game if you want to win because everybody is bound to suck and pick widowmaker or tracer because omgstreamergot25killstreak!
You're alive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well yeah standard online stuff. Worst part is when everyone else picks pew pew heroes and you're stuck deciding if you should pick a healer and try to keep the idiots alive or a tank and try to play the objectives. And then even though you have 2 tracers 1 pharrah 1reaper 1mccree, you're still getting sniped by their solo widowmaker when trying to protect the payload the entire game because noone knows how to flank and get behind the choke points.

Still is a fun game though, and when people pick random shit I just go Roadhog, he's great at solo killing stuff and can contest objectives since he's super tanky and also great at dealing with shielding heroes and turrets and shit so your other teammates don't have to.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No. You also can't hook Bastion if you hit the shield. Like hitting shields makes your hook do nothing. What he does against shielding heroes is that your primary weapon is a massive shotgun with extreme spread but shields tend to be big so you can hit with every pellet and it does ridiculous damage(like 200+) if you do, and his ult just shreds through shields for the same reason. You can general destroy a full shield reinhardt shield in like 2seconds of shooting with the ult, and then he'll get knockbacked the fuck away, so you can easily clear points and stuff with it. Also it's good against turrets since they don't move, you just run close to it while ulting to clear everyone else including Torbjorn so he can't repair then melt the turret.

He's a really useful hero for objectives, and also really fun to play cause you can 1vs1 everyone and kill a lot of people, as long as you're landing hooks.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With all the movement skills it seems like CTF would be somewhat weird in Overwatch

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just disable the move skills when you hold the flag, or using a move skill drops the flag. Pretty easy.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I haven't been playing this because Binding of Isaac DLC has been more exciting, but I think due to the salt levels in this thread I'm going to go play a single match

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got an email from Blizzard today trying to make me use the #BlizzCon hashtag on twitter when its live. Fuckin Blizzard is trolling at an unseen level.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They've probably worked everyone up in a frenzy this past week with not having beta access just in time to announce the $100 Founder's Pack at Blizzcon.